Mississauga Neighbourhoods | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mississauga Neighbourhoods

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Hey all,
So looks like we narrowed a place down but trying to get an idea of the various neighbourhoods in the 905. We've been living at Dundas/Hurontario and frankly it's the main reason we're moving.

We've been looking at places in Credit Woodlands / Erindale / Mineola (good luck in our range) and around Cliff Rd area.

Any thoughts on some of these neighbourhoods? Experiences!? Thanks.

What don't you like about your current area? What are you looking for that you are missing?

All depends on your budget and the size of house you are looking for . Many great spaces still left in Mississauga .

I would stay away from Dundas and Hurontario area .

@GreyGhost We can't stand the noise around here, small townhouse (3bd) for 3 adults and 2 kids, the general dirty area doesn't bode well and we just are tired of it.

@pfbmgd We are moving out of the Dundas & Hurontario area hopefully soon enough.

@bigslimjim Would love the Port Credit area but honestly the price is just way out to lunch for our budget. Especially looking for a 3+1 or 4+1 bedroom home.

We're currently focusing on Erin Mills area, and also around the Credit Woodlands as we are finding decent sized homes for our budget (sub $1M) and mainly move-in ready. Threw in an offer in Erin Mills and someone else put up theirs an extra 60k with no conditions...no chance at that one. Beautiful house, fully done, facing a park from the backyard....perfect house for us. But couldn't fight on price. We keep looking.

Small houses in in Applewood Achres are under 1M . But they are small. You are paying for the location .

i lived at Derry and Winston Churchill from 1994-2001...it was pretty boring then...not much to do, other than bike/roller blade around Lake Aquitaine...the big box stores at WC and the 401 weren't around then, so there's more shopping options now...moved to Milton in 2001 as part of Mattamy's first phase and while it's grown tremendously, i love it...still quiet enough for some peace but close enough to Mississauga/Toronto if we ever feel the need to go...houses have gone up a lot, but you can still get a nice house for your needs for under $1 (probably closer to $800,000 IIRC)...great Catholic schools (i'm a Catholic school teacher so i'm biased LOL) and great public schools too...the townhouse i bought in 2010 after the ex and i split for $257000 is now worth closer to $650000...close to the escarpment (fun roads on the bike) as well as hiking/biking trails, the Velodrome, Toronto Premium Outlet mall, supposed to be getting a Laurier campus, hospital had a major and i mean MAJOR renovation/expansion...check us out! :D

After living downtown for 20 years, Erin Mills is now home, just off Folkway. I wasn't looking forward to moving out here, because compared to the other places I've lived it really is a souless suburb!

We looked at around 50 homes and put an offer on one in old Streetsville (outbid by 65k), and was minutes from putting an offer on another one just around the corner from our current place, but got into an argument and decided it wasn't meant to be. A couple days later we lucked out - elderly mom passed away and her kids did not want to do a bidding war and wanted to take first reasonable offer. We saw it at 11am on first day of showing and put an offer immediately which was accepted. Ended up costing us less than the other houses we were interested in and this was much nicer. Unfortunately prices have close to doubles here in 6 years, which hurts newer or younger home buyers.

Now I really like this area - decent sized 40x120 lot, backyard w/ no neighbours and trees, live on a very quiet court, garage, basement, 4bdrms, and more. Ended up doing a full inside/outside reno on it, not because we had to, but because we want to stay here a long time. I like that the Folkway area has the Sawmill Valley trail network that can either link up to the Credit River or Erindale Park. Lots of good schools, parks, overall amenities and basically right in the middle of QEW/403/401 for access in and out. Prices are still going up, but it seems there are a bunch of 3-4bdrm towns in the $7-800k range and right around the $1mil mark for detached 3-4bdrm homes.

We looked in the east Mississauga area and I'm not a fan and don't like north Mississauga either. I went to Clarkson High School and never really liked that south side of the city, unless closer to Port Credit. There are some nicer older homes in the Homelands/Thornlodge area, but that area is getting a bit pricey too - maybe just above your budget. I do really like the older big lots of some parts of Credit Woodlands, but you have to be selective of the house and street etc.

Hey all,
So looks like we narrowed a place down but trying to get an idea of the various neighbourhoods in the 905. We've been living at Dundas/Hurontario and frankly it's the main reason we're moving.

We've been looking at places in Credit Woodlands / Erindale / Mineola (good luck in our range) and around Cliff Rd area.

Any thoughts on some of these neighbourhoods? Experiences!? Thanks.

It's no use. Get out of Mississauga. Better still, get out of the GTA. Actually, get out of Ontario. No wait, get out of Canada. Trudeau is going to win the next election, continue the road to ruins.

Thanks all for the responses. We didn’t get the house we really wanted in Erin Mills area but got a nice detached in Credit Woodlands instead.
Congrats.

Was gonna say we love our PC home, and once our basement is redone we'll be golden.

Lakeview is up and coming if you don't mind the smell in some areas ahahha

Thanks all for the responses. We didn’t get the house we really wanted in Erin Mills area but got a nice detached in Credit Woodlands instead.

A bit late but that would have been my choice. If you commute into the city you're east of the Credit River so one less bridge to cross. Nice treed lots. Congratulations.

Check out the Riverwood Conservancy at the north end.

A bit late but that would have been my choice. If you commute into the city you're east of the Credit River so one less bridge to cross. Nice treed lots. Congratulations.

Check out the Riverwood Conservancy at the north end.
Thanks. With my job the commute is either East, West, or as currently out in BC. So it's different depending on the project lol.

Back
Top Bottom