Minivan life here we come! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Minivan life here we come!

I found Queensway (formerly Lakeshore) Honda sales staff to be difficult to work with. I also live in south Etobicoke. I ended up buying from Parkway Honda. Give Frank D'Aprile a call, he's a high volume dealer who can give you the best deal in the city. No one could touch the price he gave me on my 2015 Odyssey. He was awesome to deal with to boot. The best vehicle purchase experience I ever had. (416) 752-6666

thread reminds me of back in the day
first new car purchase, 1990 I figure it was
really thought it was gonna be a Civic

went to Ready Honda to look at them
sales guy told me they needed a $500 authorization on my card first
not for a test drive, that was for a quote

many cars later, safe to say none have/will ever be, a Honda

I found Queensway (formerly Lakeshore) Honda sales staff to be difficult to work with. I also live in south Etobicoke. I ended up buying from Parkway Honda. Give Frank D'Aprile a call, he's a high volume dealer who can give you the best deal in the city. No one could touch the price he gave me on my 2015 Odyssey. He was awesome to deal with to boot. The best vehicle purchase experience I ever had. (416) 752-6666
https://www.gtamotorcycle.com/xf/forums/romper-room.21/
We had a totally different experience at Lakeshore, and bought with a 2015, as well.

Now, back here, we had a major issue with the local dealer. They advertised on the web that they had 30 2014's that they were selling off. We went in that night and they had one left. It had 30,000 kilometres more than advertised, had started the warranty period, and was being driven around by the owner's wife. I guess she really liked it, because they wouldn't budge the price one bit.

Update: Finally put a deposit on a used 2018 Honda Odyssey Touring with about 48k on the clock. Very nice car and looking forward to taking possession tomorrow!
Dang mileage is pretty up there! Congrats, they are nice.

isn't average considered around 30k per year?
I think 20-24k per year is considered the norm, but some people do 5k, some do 50k per year, pretty subjective really.
Dang mileage is pretty up there! Congrats, they are nice.
Yeah but it's a Honda...with proper maintenance it won't be difficult to get over 300k if not closer to 400k. Could have been an early model, bought end of 2016, or a rental but unlikely, that vehicle new was around 60k out the door.

OP congrats, I'm one of those people who thinks a minivan is a brilliant vehicle, and the odyssey imo is the best one out there, and the touring model is really, really nice. Enjoy it!

It's a 1 year old vehicle (maybe 1.5) with 50k, that is not the norm.

I'm not saying anything negative, i was just exclaiming that someone did some serious time in that thing.

It's a 1 year old vehicle (maybe 1.5) with 50k, that is not the norm.

I'm not saying anything negative, i was just exclaiming that someone did some serious time in that thing.
Car went on the road June 2017 and sold as a 2018 model. Looked good. Price was right. We will see once I give it a few months. Warranty until 2024/130,000km. I’m not too worried.
I checked whether it was a rental or anything as such and it came back clean.

Car went on the road June 2017 and sold as a 2018 model. Looked good. Price was right. We will see once I give it a few months. Warranty until 2024/130,000km. I’m not too worried.
I checked whether it was a rental or anything as such and it came back clean.
nice!

Trying to decide between a sienna and odyssey myself as well
Was leaning towards toyota since its never been known to have transmission issues

Was leaning towards toyota since its never been known to have transmission issues
The Honda has more room in the eight passenger second row, if you need it. We did.

Sienna is really nice as well plus has the AWD option. Honestly I think it’s a toss up. We just preferred the Odyssey so focused on that but could’ve gone either way.

The Honda has more room in the eight passenger second row, if you need it. We did.

Yeah but more importantly, which one can you throw a bike in the back?

Still missing my Montana . Transported lots of bikes in that van including an old CB550 (had to drop the handlebars a bit).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but more importantly, which one can you throw a bike in the back?

Still missing my Montana . Transported lots of bikes in that van including an old CB550 (had to drop the handlebars a bit).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably either. Here's the Honda without the wheel removed. I've had three in the back and two on a carrier with five passengers before, but I had to remove the front wheels on those inside. It was the same with my Chevy Venture, but the Venture had the tail light circuit board exposed to the elements, I think the Montana was the same, and the brake light circuit would constantly blow.

14Kt52bl.jpg

Our family car growing up was a Fiat 126, then a mini metro. How things have changed,
Well we started with a Plymouth Volare, and went to a Buick Lesabre, then an Acura Integra GS-R, Subaru Legacy Turbo (3 kids were born during this time), then the minivans. Dad had a '57 Chev when I was little, and had owned a Model A.

Had two small kids only had a 4 door civic . Fast forward bought a crv kids are older . I noticed we just started to carry more crap .

Back
Top Bottom