Mesh Gear That Will Hold Up to a Slide? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mesh Gear That Will Hold Up to a Slide?

I have a Motoport suit and also a pair of the Resurgence jeans. Both are quite nice, fit well and seem like they will hold up in a slide. I've had a few pretty spectacular get-off's and my gear always did the trick, even my budget Olympia gear. I even had one get-off in a tshirt, flip flops and shorts and they all did their job just fine, so we may be overthinking all of this.

The Resurgence jeans are thick, so I would not wear them on a very hot summer day. They are excellent at temps between 10-25deg. They feel like they would outlast my Olympia gear in a slide, and definitely better for impact protection.

The armour in the Motoport gear is quite robust. I'd prefer something that wasn't as bulky, but my suit must be 7 years old now, so I suppose it was good or appropriate at the time. They are a stretchable mesh and the breathability of them is excellent. I've ridden the southern states in the summer and been just fine in them. I also like that they dry out really fast when wet. The styling of the Motoport is pretty wack, like a fart is perpetually trapped inside them, so there's that.

I have a Motoport suit and also a pair of the Resurgence jeans. Both are quite nice, fit well and seem like they will hold up in a slide. I've had a few pretty spectacular get-off's and my gear always did the trick, even my budget Olympia gear. I even had one get-off in a tshirt, flip flops and shorts and they all did their job just fine, so we may be overthinking all of this.

The Resurgence jeans are thick, so I would not wear them on a very hot summer day. They are excellent at temps between 10-25deg. They feel like they would outlast my Olympia gear in a slide, and definitely better for impact protection.

The armour in the Motoport gear is quite robust. I'd prefer something that wasn't as bulky, but my suit must be 7 years old now, so I suppose it was good or appropriate at the time. They are a stretchable mesh and the breathability of them is excellent. I've ridden the southern states in the summer and been just fine in them. I also like that they dry out really fast when wet. The styling of the Motoport is pretty wack, like a fart is perpetually trapped inside them, so there's that.
The New Wave is their new single layer that performs a step below their fully lined Voyager pants while being lighter (according to them) than even regular jeans.

I'm not gonna start commuting at 120+ in flip flops lol. I'll leave that for those more crazy than me.

I did finally see that some of the Klim pants are actually CE rated as well which tells me they'll at least probably hold up to some kind of slide.

"we may be overthinking all of this" (y)

To tarmac slide while street riding we had to lose control at fairly high speed on pavement and slide on open pavement (hopefully without being run over by the trucks behind) ... what was it that happened to make us crash again? Just curious if I need to get ready to hit a curb or guardrail in this scenario.

We sell this exact Dainese Super Speed Textile Jacket and have heard the same results. I use it myself and it is great for nice weather, but I use non perforated leather for cooler fall days. There are also good heated vests available for the textile folks.

www.railsideperformance.com

We sell this exact Dainese Super Speed Textile Jacket and have heard the same results. I use it myself and it is great for nice weather, but I use non perforated leather for cooler fall days. There are also good heated vests available for the textile folks.

www.railsideperformance.com
Already said it, but i'll say it again. It's a great jacket.

Back
Top Bottom