MAPLE LEAFS SUCK | Page 43 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MAPLE LEAFS SUCK

LEAFS
Poor fore check, poor back check, can't clear the puck from there own end without a turnover. Don't block near enough shots ( scared I guess)..not enough speed..and what's this trying to freeze the puck against the boards **** ?..didn't they stop that 20 yrs ago ???
= Early exit to the golf course.

Now Tampa...great fore check, good back check, can move the puck out of there own end most times. They BLOCK SHOTS....lots of them...and very important here...they SHOOT the puck instead of skating around the opponents net...
= 2x stanly cup winners.
Just my 2c worth....but WTF do I know

This is what happens when you build a team around flash players. They may score in the regular season and get away with winning alot of games. But when playoff time comes. They need real hockey players. The ones that scrap for puck , not afraid to get hit and hit back. The Leafs are not built to succeed in the playoffs. They are onlly built to continue to sellout regular season games. They need to get rid of Dufiss first. He has no clue what hes doing.

They need to get rid of Dufiss first. He has no clue what hes doing.
Aren't they the most profitable team? I would say they know what they were doing. Sports is a business. Having a corporate ownership group eliminates almost all will to win and it is just about profit. With individual owners, they may want to win as a vanity project.

True but they would sell out every game even if they were were the wrost team in hockey. They have done so for years when they didnteven make the p,ayoffs. So tbis management team havent accomplished much except paying out huge saleries to a select few while the rest team are all 4th liners on any other team. They have had more than enough time to properly rebuild the team since the Sundin era ended. Its time for a new management structure with a different approach.

This loss is different, the Leafs actually showed up for this round. Very close series, and if overtime went a different way the whole City would be jumping on the band wagon. Getting knocked out by the two time defending champion isn't anything to be ashamed of.

The Habs and Bruins meltdowns's the previous years were all well deserved.

qzX1dICl.jpg

So glad I never get on these bandwagons of endless disappointments.
I was on it once when I was a young child and my grandparents had season tickets.
Then they won the cup and raised ticket prices by 150% to $3.00 each, and my grandparents gave up the seats.
That was in 1967.

Might be time for that next "re-build".
Nuttin 4 good defenceman and a quality goalie or 2 can't fix.

The goalies aren’t the problem. It’s the crap defence.
And the “elite” forwards who aren’t playing like it.
Samsonov has played well and even Källgren played well last night.
Those snipes by Zegras we’re insane. Especially the OT winner. No goalie is stopping that.

Washington didn't want sammy (even at 23yrs old) and kallgren was the 34th best goalie in the ahl. If he was 1 ft farther out of his crease, the ot goal would have bounced off him.
Keefe was talking his head off during the time out, and only the people in the crowd were paying attention.
Maybe a trade......Keefe for Tortorella.

Washington didn't want sammy (even at 23yrs old) and kallgren was the 34th best goalie in the ahl. If he was 1 ft farther out of his crease, the ot goal would have bounced off him.
Keefe was talking his head off during the time out, and only the people in the crowd were paying attention.
Maybe a trade......Keefe for Tortorella.
Samsonov played pretty well last night.

Its doesnt matter how many points the Leafs get this season. With this team and management structure , they will be knocked out in the first round if they are lucky to make the playoffs at all. This team is not built to succeed. Its been built to highlight the attention on 3 or 4 overpaid players. While there is no cap room left for the rest of the team to get half decent players. Been a long time leaf fan even had a close family member play for the leafs in the late 90s. This team is going to be stagnet for a long time unless some tough decisions are made. Get rid of Dufess and his followers. Trade off the overpaid players that do nothing in the playoffs while we can still get something good for them. Start to build a team that are made of real old school grinding hockey players. Not a few flash players that get pushed around when the games matter most. The coaching staff are not the issue.
Take some lessons from the Raptors and Jays. Especially the Raptors. They always manage to build a good exciting team around players that are hardworking.

Last edited:
Before the season starts, I get to pick a game to go to (with a couple exceptions). Neighbour has season tickets.
I thought the Red Wings would have improved, with the Yzerman factor, etc, so I picked last night's game. Blech, what a dud, and Marner (my fav leaf) was riding the pine...

Screenshot_20230402_233603_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom