Loud and proud? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Loud and proud?

On a group ride, it is a PITA to be stuck behind a bike with an after market exhaust.

"be free from the gravity of expectation"

No offence intended, but you're kidding yourself.

Good on you for admitting that you like it, but the only smiles it produces are your own.

No offence taken. We are all entitled to our opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tldr, but I'm with @nakkers on this one.
My pipes are loud-ish, but I like the way they sound and that pretty much is all I give a $#!+ about.
They were on the bike when I bought it.
If and when I ever get another bike, I hope it sounds as nice, but if it doesn't, oh well.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

679fe0ffb96026474e2a1da159a14af6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want this on a tshirt.
One for me, and one for the guy with the Mustang down the street that has never moved out of his garage.
And that thing is loud af.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Oakville has become a hot spot for loud exhaust checks, do the police have better things to do? probably, but the deal is enough public squeek, the town councillors squeek and the police boss that really likes his job sends the boys out to quiet things down.
Do i like seeing a V8 rod go by shaking the ground?? hell yeah. At 3am in 1st gear? hell no.
Time and place

I have actually given the finger to bikes and cars who roar through residential or downtown/built up areas with straight pipes or other loud exhausts ripping them wide open. If it's physically hurting my ears, **** YOU.

Everybody thinks you're an arsehole, the end.

My new Vulcan has Vance and Hines pipes so it's no sewing machine, but it's actually surprisingly quiet for V&H's - at cruise it quiets right down to almost stock, actually. When you roll onto the power there's a bark there but you have to really ask for it. At normal acceleration it's tasteful, quiet even.

All that said, I do still go out of my way to not be an ass when I'm in an area where it could effect others. I don't need to do a power launch from the stop sign at the end of my street and roar away in first gear. At that does is piss people off and have them hate bikes even more.

Last edited:
I don't need to do a power launch from the stop sign at the end of my street and roar away in first gear.

I don't need to have the front wheel in the air accelerating down the street when I leave the house. Don't need to back it in when I turn into the driveway coming home, either. The neighbours would be disappointed if I didn't, though.

Oakville has become a hot spot for loud exhaust checks, do the police have better things to do? probably, but the deal is enough public squeek, the town councillors squeek and the police boss that really likes his job sends the boys out to quiet things down.
Do i like seeing a V8 rod go by shaking the ground?? hell yeah. At 3am in 1st gear? hell no.
Time and place
That was the Halton Region who started to crack down on noise pollution 2 weeks ago. You probably won't get hassled on the 400 series Hwys. but in town, they are gunning for any vehicle with an altered muffler, including motorcycles.
Hamilton city council just did the same this this past Wed. so, I would stay away from city streets there if you don't have a stock muffle

Well...
Any time I'm anywhere near an Aprilia RSV4/Tuono with an aftermarket exhaust it's a total eargasm...
I could listen to than sound all day long...

Well...
Any time I'm anywhere near an Aprilia RSV4/Tuono with an aftermarket exhaust it's a total eargasm...
I could listen to than sound all day long...
The Aprilia RSV4/Tuono won't be in ear shot long, they move fast and the sound goes with it. A Hog on the other hand moves very slowly and takes forever to get out of ear shot, it's a lingering pain in the ear.

I'm riding a Wing these days so I know what its like having a muted exhaust in busy traffic.

We had a neighbor that mounted a nitros bottle on his shorty-piped HD...now that was loud but he moved so that worked well.

The small group of guys I ride with on Sunday mornings found a solution to the guys that join us with their loud HD's . We group up as usual but meet them in a commercial plaza and keep them at the back of the pack.... (y)

I once was about 4 cars behind some a$$hat on a cruiser. It was so loud that at an idle it was shaking my car. I would have no problem with someone kicking the bike over in a parking lot. Rider deserves it for being that obnoxious. Nothing screams small penis with erectile dysfunction quite like that.

I once was about 4 cars behind some a$$hat on a cruiser. It was so loud that at an idle it was shaking my car. I would have no problem with someone kicking the bike over in a parking lot. Rider deserves it for being that obnoxious. Nothing screams small penis with erectile dysfunction quite like that.
One of those was at edenvale airshow last year. The small penis man was wfo while riding (well duck walking really) through the crowd. Kids were literally covering their ears and running screaming more than 100' away. If I was closer, I might have knocked him over. Some people just never grow up. You know you are an a$$hole when you are 10's of decibels louder than airplanes.

In my neighborhood I'm more ****** about the wankers who put a modified exhaust on their POS Honda Civic with the massive spoiler. Then they add more decibels with the sound system that takes up the volume of their trunk whose power is measured in horsepower rather than watts. But, yeah... all a matter of degree I guess with bike exhausts. As long as it's not a sonic boom I don't care.

I'm getting really fed-up with the loud pipes, I live near Mavis/Bristol, and every night, between 11pm-3am, sportbikes just going up and down the road going wide throttle, for just about 800 meters to annoy the whole world, always wakes me and the cat up. I'm the only rider in the whole neighborhood, and those clowns paint a bad picture for everyone, I find myself telling my neighbors sorry for their actions.

The thing with vehicles with modified exhaust systems is that the riders/drivers are often the same people who ride/drive like a$$holes. Rev the crap out of it at a stop light, accelerate fast, rev to the redline or pass you on the inside on the 401 at 170 - 180 kph. They also specialize at doing all of the above at 2 in the morning.

I have no problem having these nice and considerate folks stopped and ticketed. Part of the process should be a follwup inspection where the owner has to return to an inspection station in a week to validate that the illegal exhaust system has been removed and replaced with a legal one. Don't show up, then police drop by the residence and seize the plates. You're never going to solve this issue unless the law has some teeth and costs the owner money.

In my neighborhood I'm more ****** about the wankers who put a modified exhaust on their POS Honda Civic with the massive spoiler. Then they add more decibels with the sound system that takes up the volume of their trunk whose power is measured in horsepower rather than watts. But, yeah... all a matter of degree I guess with bike exhausts. As long as it's not a sonic boom I don't care.

yup and these and loud 600s now are hilarious to me. they make sound like theyre going fast, when they arent. WAAAAMM WAAAMMM guys barely pulling away.
I have one of these on my regular commute. Modified civic hatch, spent a ton of money instead of buying a type R, probably cause he can't drive manual. Loud and obnoxious, does the limit in the passing lane.

The thing with vehicles with modified exhaust systems is that the riders/drivers are often the same people who ride/drive like a$$holes. Rev the crap out of it at a stop light, accelerate fast, rev to the redline or pass you on the inside on the 401 at 170 - 180 kph. They also specialize at doing all of the above at 2 in the morning.

I have no problem having these nice and considerate folks stopped and ticketed. Part of the process should be a follwup inspection where the owner has to return to an inspection station in a week to validate that the illegal exhaust system has been removed and replaced with a legal one. Don't show up, then police drop by the residence and seize the plates. You're never going to solve this issue unless the law has some teeth and costs the owner money.
When I was changing the exhaust on the mini, I left both mufflers in. Pressure drop wasn't an issue and I didn't want it to be too obnoxious. The front is 2.5" straight through and the second is 2x2.5" straight through. Definitely sounds bigger than 1293cc but not remotely obnoxious.

Back
Top Bottom