Loud and proud? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Loud and proud?

FZ07, Nuda 900, maybe Africa Twin? They sound pretty good, IMO (sound is pretty subjective). I think all three of these have a crossplane crank configuration, IIRC. Otherwise, you're totally right.
Id buy the Nuda in a heartbeat

I was trying to find a wot sound clip of the MV Agusta 500 twin,
but this one came up :love: and I liked it, so is likely a triple, if that's the twin, wow

!

FZ07, Nuda 900, maybe Africa Twin? They sound pretty good, IMO (sound is pretty subjective). I think all three of these have a crossplane crank configuration, IIRC. Otherwise, you're totally right.
Nuda sounds good (a little tractory, but doesn't sound like a parallel twin). 315 degree crank offset.

Here is F800 on which it is based (with a 0 offset) with a Termi so probably the best it can sound.

The Yamaha FZ07 has a 90-degree offset crankshaft. The firing pattern is the same as that of a 90-degree V-twin (Ducati, Honda RC51, etc). The firing intervals are 270-450-270-450 etc. The KTM 790 has a crank offset which is close to 90 degrees ... not sure why they chose not to use exactly 90 degrees, but whatever. They sound OK.

My Yamaha R3 has a 180-degree crank. The firing pattern is hit-hit-miss-miss the same as the Kawasaki parallel twins, which are well known for sounding awful. For whatever reason, I don't mind the way the R3 sounds ... BUT ... mine has a long "stealth" Hindle muffler on it because these engines seem to run best with a quiet muffler. At Calabogie, during the sound level inspection, I had to rev it up higher than what they initially suggested, because it wasn't registering on their meter ...

The BMW F800-series parallel-twins have a 360-degree crank ... even firing intervals. I've had those bikes as rentals a number of times. They sound awful, and it doesn't matter what you do to them. Best kept quiet.

There is a video of a really old Moto Guzzi V8 somewhere. The sound was awesome.

Last edited:
That used to be on an LP, I remember that one
they had a brit announcing all the GP bikes one at a time and then a sound byte of that bike :cool:
Manx Norton single beats a twin for sound quality oddly enough, or maybe it's just my ear.
:unsure: but then again, if 2 were racing side by side how would that sound any different then a 1000cc Manx Norton twin.
... too bad they didn't make one of those, maybe that would sound good.

Last edited:
I saw that bike on display in Orlando at the "Art of the Motorcycle" exhibit. Incredible looking in under the tank at 8 velocity stacks.

Nope, I think I like the Honda 125cc 5 cylinder or 250cc 6 better. Steel drum full of angry bees

Nope, I think I like the Honda 125cc 5 cylinder or 250cc 6 better. Steel drum full of angry bees
Another work of art. One was on display at the Ontario Science Center transportation display for years till someone realized what it was. I think it went back to Japan

Can you make a parallel twin sound good? Your choices are sewing machine or lawnmower. That engine layout just doesn't sound great.
Triumph parallel twin?

"be free from the gravity of expectation"

the africa twin has a sweet note with tha akrapovic full system

:unsure:
Outdoor Grown Automatic Transmission Fluid

Sperm Oil was a real thing like Train Oil except it came from somewhere inside the Sperm Whales head.

:unsure:
Outdoor Grown

giphy.gif

liar

Back
Top Bottom