Georgia
$25,000 bodily injury liability per person
$50,000 bodily injury liability per accident
$25,000 property damage liability per accident

Texas
$30,000 bodily injury liability per person
$60,000 bodily injury liability per accident

...and the rest What Does Minimum State Car Insurance Mean? Is It Enough?

Seems to me we're buying A LOT more insurance for not a lot more money.

I had a 2006 FZ6. With the 1/4 - 1/2 fairing. I thought it was kind of ugly. It ran flawless and did everything well. The seat was pretty firm and it made long days a pain - did it anyway. The power came on about 6K and it redlined up around 12 or 14. After a while I got tired of having to spool it up before the real power came onboard.
I had it about 3 years and sold it for maybe 500$ less than I paid.
If you buy this bike be aware the wind noise is quite high - stock shield dumps the turbulance right in your face. Rather than get the higher shield cut about 4" off the top dump that air in your chest instead. It made mine more civil.

Here is the liability requirements for the states you list:

Arizona
$15,000 bodily injury liability per person
$30,000 bodily injury liability per accident
$10,000 property damage liability per accident

Georgia
$25,000 bodily injury liability per person
$50,000 bodily injury liability per accident

Texas
$30,000 bodily injury liability per person
$60,000 bodily injury liability per accident

...and the rest What Does Minimum State Car Insurance Mean? Is It Enough?

Seems to me we're buying A LOT more insurance for not a lot more money.
The minimums are not the issue, it's the simple fact you re-buy complete insurance on ever single vehicle you own. Ii a lot of places (including Ontario), youy buy 1M liability for yourself and you're done -- overs you car, boat, bikes, house, motorhome... You can sort do that for some things here, for example my $2m personal liability ins cost me about $200/year, it covers my home, workshop (on my property), and my boats -- I have to repurchase Ontario min on every car, which for some insurers is $1m.

If we simply changed insurance over to insure the driver instead of the vehicle, we could buy it once and drive everything.

Any time I was hurt in an auto accident it was my health card that I had to provide,
nobody at the hospital ever asked me for my auto insurance, insurance was for the vehicle. ymmv.

the cb500 or the strom isnt any quicker than the sv

SV and Strom will eat the CB500 series for lunch in straight acceleration. Quick and CB500 don't really belong in the same sentence.

Nimble, agile, light, stable, efficient sure
....quick?? nah :rolleyes:

SV and Strom will eat the CB500 series for lunch in straight acceleration. Quick and CB500 don't really belong in the same sentence.

Nimble, agile, light, stable, efficient sure
....quick?? nah :rolleyes:

I wouldnt even say its that agile or nimble, compared to a harley, sure, but compared to its rivals(ninja 3/400s, 390s, R3), its a piggy.

lol is a cute lil Honda generator that is capable of exceeding the posted speed limit anywhere.

Ever ridden one?? ..nah of course not so however would you know ?

It's a completely different bike that you can take across the country ....and still have fun in the twists...let us know how you feel after multiple 900 km days on a Ninja. ?

2013 Suzuki V-Strom 650 Adventure vs 2013 Honda CB500X Comparison Test

Thought you were looking for something comfortable.

Main criteria are:
-it HAS to be comfortable
:rolleyes:

always a good idea to talk about what you know ...not speculate on what you don't.

It's a completely different bike that you can take across the country ....and still have fun in the twists...let us know how you feel after multiple 900 km days on a Ninja. ?

always a good idea to talk about what you know ...not speculate on what you don't.

Can you not see my signature?

According to Macdoc,
Buy a burgman
Buy a vstrom 650
Buy a cbf1000
Buy an fz8, but not an sv650...
Buy a klr650
Buy an st1100
And now buy a cb500x...

Everything else is wrong. Every time he gets a bike, its the only one to have.

We are all biased on what we have owned or ridden. Different bikes for different riders.

Coming off bigger bikes, the 500 is a snorefest... and thats my informed opinion.

I would consider upping your budget. Buy an fz/mt07.

A vstrom with 100cc + , 15hp more would be great, but yeah... Shane rides the hell out of his and gets left for dead out of the corners.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Son-in-law is over 200 pounds and has the 500CBR, had the 250CBR before that, I ride them.
both scoot along nicely for me but his have the fairing and not all the adventure luggage.

i love my FZ07...i don't ride as much as some of the others on this site, but i've put on 17,000 km in 3 seasons and have had zero problems with it...i put a puig windscreen on it, and while it's not perfect, it does an ok job...i love it's lightweight, torque and overall fun factor...the only thing i don't like it taking it on the highway, but then, i prefer country roads to slab...just my two cents worth...

?_______ I go out of my way to avoid the super slab highways with cheese grater guardrail.

... started snowing hard here :| glad I got that last ride in.

Is fun popping wheelies too but the law gets all upset over it :| they have absolutely no sense of humour.

I used to do long days on my baby Ninja, it wasn't uncomfortable and on the highway I never got the feeling of being blown around. It was missing power, hitting 120 was easy, it didn’t mind running for hours at 130, 150 was pushing hard.

The CB500x seating position from the hip up is comfortable because it’s identical to a cruiser (say a Fat Bob). The down side is this position and the low screen maximizes wind pressure on the chest and head — that can be tiring at highway speeds.

According to Macdoc,
Buy a burgman
Buy a vstrom 650
Buy a cbf1000
Buy an fz8, but not an sv650...
Buy a klr650
Buy an st1100
And now buy a cb500x...

Everything else is wrong. Every time he gets a bike, its the only one to have.

We are all biased on what we have owned or ridden. Different bikes for different riders.

Coming off bigger bikes, the 500 is a snorefest... and thats my informed opinion.

I would consider upping your budget. Buy an fz/mt07.

A vstrom with 100cc + , 15hp more would be great, but yeah... Shane rides the hell out of his and gets left for dead out of the corners.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
You forgot only get the equipment he recommends otherwise it will surely fail even if the item you are using was half the price and has lasted a decade.

Narrowing it down...bike will likely be an fz6 or a gsx650f(bandit)

Anyone know the octane for the fz6?
Online manual said something about "research octane rating" of 91...but owners seem to say 87 is good?

Back
Top Bottom