Long Way Up! On HD Livewire's... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Long Way Up! On HD Livewire's...

I haven't looked at the construction of the Livewires, but battery swaps on most EV's take longer than charging them. That's why I figured entirely separate bikes would be required if you wanted to stay on the move.

The Zero FX has a hot swappable battery:

011916-2016-zero-fxs-4tr_6528-633x422.jpg

Hopefully Harley is progressive enough to build in all the latest EV motorcycle tech.

Hopefully Harley is progressive enough to build in all the latest EV motorcycle tech.
Outlook not so good for the livewire. It has a huge battery inside the frame with an integral heatsink. I don't see out you could get it out without either dropping the drivetrain or pulling off the forks. It's also huge. I doubt mere mortals could lift it without assistance.
DSC_0285-copy.jpg

The only ev i have ridden is the em5.7 trials bike. It takes about 5 min to swap batteries.But the spare battery is over $3,000.

Now, we all know how long-distance trips on electric motorcycles can go (coughZerocough). That being said, Boorman and McGregor have the advantage of an entire crew there to help—including by following them along their journey with charging equipment. This is what certain sources suggest the Rivians will be used for—possibly even using their gigantic batteries to charge the Harleys.

The LiveWire has an estimated combined range of 95 miles and 146 in the city. However, there’s no saying what the range in off-roading context is—the speeds are lower, but the bike works harder. The Rivians have an expected range of 400 miles, which makes them easier to manage on long-distances and respectable support vehicles for an all-electric (almost) endeavor.

On the bright side, the LiveWire is DC fast-charger compatible, meaning it can get 80-percent of its charge in roughly 40 minutes. While this means the crew will have to make regular pitstops to charge the bikes, they will only need to stop for an hour or so. Plus, having the charging stations tag along eliminates the need to find them in the middle of nowhere.

There is also a ford f450 and another gas vehicle coming along as support crew, as well as the two Rivians.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Talking about sequels, how many of those are a hit?

Ewan and Charlie have jumped the shark...

Smart guys though.... They're making bank for sure on this one.

Ewan and Charlie have jumped the shark...

Smart guys though.... They're making bank for sure on this one.
Cracked me up when they complained about not getting factory support. Like Ewan needs financial assistance? It was a good entertaining series, but full of flaws. Clutch up wheelies every minute or so, and then.... Ooooh look, this crappy BMW has a broken subframe. Ya think!

Cracked me up when they complained about not getting factory support. Like Ewan needs financial assistance? It was a good entertaining series, but full of flaws. Clutch up wheelies every minute or so, and then.... Ooooh look, this crappy BMW has a broken subframe. Ya think!

"Entertaing" being the whole idea behind the effort.... That and selling GS's.
The best tip I learned from Long Way 'Round was... No matter how many guys your on a trip with.... Have your own tent. ;-)

Best part of Long Way Down was Ewan letting his wife join the trip half way through... 'Way to ruin a guys trip... Lol.
Ewan... theres a bro code when it comes to these things dont you know...?

Back
Top Bottom