Light helmet recommendations | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Light helmet recommendations

My only issue with my RPHA was the ventilation wasn't great, not bad but not enough for me. The liner is amazing and I liked how easy the visor was to lock/unlock.

I own a Nexx XR1R Carbon but I wonder if the results are typical (I know, each and every one should perform the same); and if it varies between the shells (the black is more matte where as the red/white/black is more shiny). Would need to see more results before one could condemn the Nexx helmet.

I own a Nexx XR1R Carbon but I wonder if the results are typical (I know, each and every one should perform the same); and if it varies between the shells (the black is more matte where as the red/white/black is more shiny). Would need to see more results before one could condemn the Nexx helmet.

I may email Nexx and ask them when I get around to purchasing my next helmet because I really like the XR1R Carbon.

My only issue with my RPHA was the ventilation wasn't great, not bad but not enough for me. The liner is amazing and I liked how easy the visor was to lock/unlock.

I think this depends on what bike your own as well. A friend of mine was complaining about his and I find no issue with ventilation so we narrowed it down to the difference being the bikes. Sure enough his flowed better on my bike do to lack of wind protection and head angle.

Really my only gripe is it says "HJC" on it and the stigma that comes with it.

If you go with a solid, the sticker can be removed, as it's not clear coated.

It is really one of the most overlooked helmets in the industry in my opinion.

Agree completely. This lid is under priced, I reckon. Don't understand why they don't fly off the shelves, given the reasonable price and good value. Anyone considering Shoei or Arai is doing themselves a disservice by overlooking the RPHA-10. When I replace my RPS-10, it'll be with an RPHA-10, am I'm a total helmet snob!

Agree completely. This lid is under priced, I reckon. Don't understand why they don't fly off the shelves, given the reasonable price and good value. Anyone considering Shoei or Arai is doing themselves a disservice by overlooking the RPHA-10. When I replace my RPS-10, it'll be with an RPHA-10, am I'm a total helmet snob!

+1

The liner is what sold me. Amazing price for the amount of helmet you get. I don't get understand it either. Also, it doesn't have the "HJC" symbol on it. It's got a rather inconspicous "R" logo on it.

I think this depends on what bike your own as well. A friend of mine was complaining about his and I find no issue with ventilation so we narrowed it down to the difference being the bikes. Sure enough his flowed better on my bike do to lack of wind protection and head angle.

08 Gsxr 600/1000 and using it while racing. On the street I could position my head so it would direct air into the vents on my 04 ZX10 but in the heat of battle I could fry an egg on my scalp. It's still a great helmet for the price though and I wouldn't not reccomend one.

I recommend a LS2 Carbon lid. Fit and quality is amazing and very light too plus it wont break your bank either ;)

where to buy nexx?

You'd probably have to order from Nexx-Usa.com or online from ebay/UK. I don't know what happened but I got mine at the bike show back in 2010/11? and the rep there said they were bringing them over to Canada. But I guess those plans fizzled out for whatever reason.

You'd probably have to order from Nexx-Usa.com or online from ebay/UK. I don't know what happened but I got mine at the bike show back in 2010/11? and the rep there said they were bringing them over to Canada. But I guess those plans fizzled out for whatever reason.

nah, they've been at every bike show from what I have seen.

I would not recommed a NEXX helmet. My wife dropped hers while walking down the street; a 2 foot drop caused the shell to crack open.

14141773815_693aa206e4_o.jpg

I would not recommed a NEXX helmet. My wife dropped hers while walking down the street; a 2 foot drop caused the shell to crack open.

14141773815_693aa206e4_o.jpg

I'm staying with Shoei -_-

Trying to find a Shoei gold/black helmet but it's hard lol

Helmets are designed to crack on impact. If you want something that will stay intact when you drop it on concrete - get a cheap thermoplastic one. Plenty of those for 50 bucks.

Dude...no...

While I am not a physicist or engineer, Newton's 3rd law is specifically the one that will break your skull should you hit the floor. A crack in the helmet means the next time an impact occurs, the material used to absorb the reactive forces to the initial impact are already weakened severely.

Google shows no validity with regards to your "helmets are designed to crack". If I had more time I'd start looking into scholarly articles but I highly doubt helmets are designed to crack; they are designed to absorb the reactive forces before the force transfers to your head so your head doesn't crack.

Back
Top Bottom