Konker ksm200 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Konker ksm200

I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the BMW/Husqvarna dirtbike engines are made in China by a company that starts with a K.

epic thread potential

Oh lord. Am dying of laughter here. I can only imagine three chinese dudes carrying out an ad assault under operation konker - assault on gtam squids.

I love how they tried changed the font and writing style.

I see this a bit too much on the board, but then again, assume good faith.:snorting:

Wow some of you gtam guys are tough :) I will admit I'm new to the gtam forum, but I can offer some insights into the motorcycle industry since I've been riding for 41 years. Actually, I saw the original post in this thread, and joined GTAM so I could comment, i.e. add content based on my ownership experience for this particular bike. Aren't forums for sharing information ? So to set a few things straight, I don't own shares in any Chinese motorcycle company, nor am I employed in the motorcycle industry.

I'm in manufacturing and retired from farming in 2004. I saw John Deere start contract manufacturing (CM) with Yanmar in Japan in the 1980's, Deere is now manufacturing in 40 some countries, with local partnerships. HP & IBM did it with computers, just like the auto companies contract manufacture in foreign geography's to get into new markets. Not many big names aren't in China these days, HD excluded. I have seen BMW parts being manufactured in a Chinese plant, but have never seen any HD parts.

Honda makes motorcycles in Japan, Italy, Mexico, India, and likely 10 more countries. Suzuki is huge in India. Yamaha is big in Taiwan manufacturing.

Street legal bikes in Canada are EPA certified. The Honda's and Suzuki's go through the same certification testing that any new manufacturer does, for example Konker.

Thinking people should not be comparing Canadian Tire bikes or other pit bikes to anything EPA certified they might buy from the Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha dealer because the intended markets don't overlap. (That's why we have Wal-Mart AND Eddie Bauer stores.) You've all heard the apples to oranges comparison... So if your cousin's brother bought a $900 pitbike, and expects it to last like a $7,000 Honda, your cousin's brother is an idiot.

If you are interested , check out this review. http://www.motorcycle.com/shoot-outs/2009-honda-crf230m-vs-2009-qlink-xf200-88733.html The QLink is a Konker twin, sold in the US of A. As I said in a previous post, Qingqi manufactures the bikes, and they are sold under different brands in 15+ countries.

I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the BMW/Husqvarna dirtbike engines are made in China by a company that starts with a K.

It figures, BMW bikes are underpowered JUNK, Huqsvarna bikes I don't know but I wouldn't try them unless they are sold at 50% of what a Honda or Suzuki costs.

honda750guy said:
So if your cousin's brother bought a $900 pitbike, and expects it to last like a $7,000 Honda, your cousin's brother is an idiot.

What the hell are you talking about? We didn't expect the crappy chinese bikes to last like a $7,000 Honda, we expected the $900 junk to last at least 12 months but they broke down within 4 months, and I mean busted engines and torn-apart while riding in normal, considerate conditions.

Let me give you an example, where I come from there are 125cc Yamaha bikes, we had a Jinling 175cc bike, in long highway uphills the Yamaha 125cc flew past us with 2 guys on top, the Jinling 175cc was twice as slow and belching smoke, it felt like an electric bike to tell you the truth.

Last edited:
The Jingaling bike you rode shares nothing except contry of origin with a Konker.

Also, BMW's are underpowered?
There made in China 800 CC parallel twins pound out 85 unltra-reliable horsepower, are super smooth, and weigh less than Kawi's 650 Versys motor. And return well over 65 mpg! That's just one example.
As for Husky. I am quite certain that if you were to look thru the last 50 yrs of off road racing stats, and Enduro champoinships, you would see that bikes like Huskys were more winning than big Jap.
Wow you spout off alot, but it's usually your opnion stated as if it were fact.

I had read the review on CMG Online at the review was good.

The thing I hate about CMG Online is that ALL their reviews are good. I don't really take their word on much when I see them reviewing bikes with some real quirks that they don't even seem to mention to their readers.

The thing I hate about CMG Online is that ALL their reviews are good. I don't really take their word on much when I see them reviewing bikes with some real quirks that they don't even seem to mention to their readers.
I hate this as well. For instance, SportBikeTrackGear reviews a **** ton of products which is nice to find out stuff like sizing etc. but they never ever give anything a bad review. They just gloss over the bad parts of a product and amplify all the good parts of every product whilst trying not to inject their actual opinion much at all.

I hate this as well. For instance, SportBikeTrackGear reviews a **** ton of products which is nice to find out stuff like sizing etc. but they never ever give anything a bad review. They just gloss over the bad parts of a product and amplify all the good parts of every product whilst trying not to inject their actual opinion much at all.

thats why i love the uk bike mags..

most of the time they call it like it is..
no candy coating.

I'll bump this thread with a confession ... I just bought one, an '09 with 3500 km. Was looking for something to plonk around the road allowances that are in abundance in my area (the pickering airport acquisitions leave an interesting ghost town exploration if you're so inclined), or to leave my gas guzzler truck in the driveway for last minute grocery backpack runs.

Will keep y'all posted on my experiences if interested.

Last edited:
It figures, BMW bikes are underpowered JUNK, Huqsvarna bikes I don't know but I wouldn't try them unless they are sold at 50% of what a Honda or Suzuki costs.

I can only assume &#37 would be 50%? You're such an idiot.

Keep us posted. At that price, I would consider getting one for just for shoots and giggles.

Will do. It was just delivered tonight and is tucked away in the garage. Looking forward to getting out on it.

Back
Top Bottom