Konker ksm200 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Konker ksm200

details on this bike seem limited at best, all the reviews seem to paint in a good light but im unsure of its reliability, i've been looking for a cheap (bike cost/insurance/gas) and fun commuter (also looking at crf230m, or a scooter :( ). Can anyone who has owned this thing for more than a year or two comment?

I think the street certified Konker’s only went on sale in Canada in spring 2009, so there aren’t any 3 year owners yet!!! The Konker quads & pit bikes have been available for 11 years now. I have no experience with the non-certified Konkers.

I bought a KSM 200 in April 09, and until Oct 2010 I put on 24,800km.

Cheap initial purchase as you know.
Excellent fuel economy, which a 200cc ought to have (around 80mpg over 24,000km)
Insurance is pretty much based on displacement, so again cheap like a 200 ought to be.

Mine has been reliable, and never left me stranded. I broke some signals and levers until I fitted brushgards. I’ve put on about 20 hours on single track, the rest is gravel & 2 lane commuting.

As an in-the-city commuter it’s an OK ride, still faster than most cars ;-) What it doesn’t do well is 95kmph rural paved roads. The cars will try to push you.

I bought mine expecting to get 36,000km on with minimal repairs. At 24,000 I bought a Transalp, so the last 12k will take some time :)

Back
Top Bottom