Knock off gear | GTAMotorcycle.com

Knock off gear

justride

Noticing lately advertising of brand name motorcycle gear on Kijiji that to me look like knock offs.
Kijiji is a great place to buy great gear at great prices but you need to sure your getting the real deal.
So buyer be aware!

That is a pretty vague warning, can you specify the brand in question and what is making it look like a knock off?
419.gif

Alpinestars. Alpinestars has specific lineup , ei missile, ignition, atem etc. Also each have different colours/ style for different versions/ years. Knocks don’t match up. Plus you can’t get a brand suit for $400!

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Wait….I bought a pair of used AStars on Kijiji now I need to go check them out.

I took have noticed this and it's not just on Kijiji but also on Facebook marketplace.

I was looking for alpinestars leather jacket to go with my pants to make it a 2piece track suit but the prices seem to be too good to be true.

Red flags were that the item posted was WAY less than what they are selling at store. Some of the items pictured were clearly knock offs and they had lots of various gear for sale and using descriptions from original items posts.

Definitely buyer beware...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I have bought authentic Alpinestars gear and found their fasteners to be quite poorly made compared to other brands I have owned.

I had an Alpinestars Jacket where the zipper would split open in the middle and I'd have to run the zipper up and down it to seal it again. My current Alpinestar riding pants have a small button clasp above the zipper and it stopped clicking securely in place soon after I bought it.

In comparison my Joe Rocket Honda Riding Jackets have survived decades and parsecs of travel and still zip/button up properly.

Alpinestars gets a (n) from me. Maybe the knock off A-Stars are better made :ROFLMAO:

From my understanding "Motorcycle Gear" used to be manufactured in "Country A" it then moved to "Country B" as it was cheaper to produce there. Much of the equipment, materials were simply left in "Country A" when the move took place, guess it was cheaper to leave it then to move it. From there new factories started up using this equipment, materials etc. Making the very authentic "knock-off" gear.

While I cannot state this is 100% accurate information, it does make sense...

Not even a DOT sticker ???
It's just stock images from Shoei, they are always without stickers. I guess because NA helmets are only DOT certified and only ECE certified for the rest of the world.

What's really scary is when you think about fake grade 8 bolts and knock off aircraft components.

Counterfeit, fraudulent and Suspect Items

Huge amounts of money and paper work are spent on it.

Don't even get me started on the Koreans after they were caught with "not for reactor use" stuff in the reactor.

Asian manufacturers will mark whatever you like on goods.

We recently received a container of assemblies from China marked Made in Korea. The factory shipped goods to Korea to show Korean shipping origin, they marked things that way to avoid heavy US tarrifs.

We regularly see Chinese suppliers selling components made with our moulds to our competitors.

They don’t think it’s cheating, they have no toothy intellectual property laws, so unless there is a retailer or broker who can be penalized by the recipients country trade in knockoffs will flourish.

I would rather buy used branded gear from Kijiji than brand new knockoffs.
Bought a jacket with foam "armours" from motorcycle expo for 60$. Didn't last me one season.

Back
Top Bottom