Justin Time | Page 74 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Justin Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like death taxes for the most part, but I'm not opposed to a simple death tax, say 10% tax on any inheritances over $500K, paid by the one who inherits the money.

I would prefer a very simple tax system based on consumption. No income tax, no corporate tax, no tax filings, no property tax on your primary residence. Close up tax loopholes and cheating opportunities, eliminate a gazillion public servants in place.

Simply add 20% HST to everything you spend. Exempt only your primary home and groceries.

I keep thinking of taxes being like the expense report employees fill out. If you pay, out of your pocket, for things that should be paid for by your employer you get reimbursed. The government similarly gets reimbursed for costs that you would have had to pay for garbage pick up, police and fire protection availability, street maintenance, military presence, education etc.

A second tax would be for social aspects with extra scrutiny. In a business sense, did it benefit the company by taking someone out to lunch or did you just want a nice lunch without it coming out of your own pocket? Think bidding for the next Olympic games.

With inheritances the existing isn't too bad. The estate gets hit for some death duties. All investments are considered cashed in the day before the testators death and the prime residence value is pegged. Any gains on those are taxable as they are liquidated. If the heirs are over 40 they shouldn't be dependent on inheritances anyway.

Last edited:
Get ready for another hammering

Trudy to roll out new climate change speech today

idiot can’t do a budget but can get to a climate party

I suspect @Mad Mike is correct, they've lost the money.
But bought the votes, isnt that all that matters? After the first round, it was embarrassing that they didnt check last years tax filing against your application to confirm eligibility. It was so blatant that it had to be intentional by the govt.

But bought the votes, isnt that all that matters? After the first round, it was embarrassing that they didnt check last years tax filing against your application to confirm eligibility. It was so blatant that it had to be intentional by the govt.
The Trudeau cry is "we did it for all Canadians".

I thought the $billion McGinty Gas Plant vote buy was expensive. CERB sets a new standard.

I always thought CERB applicants should have had to agree to make their bank records available for audit in order to receive payment.

The Trudeau cry is "we did it for all Canadians".

I thought the $billion McGinty Gas Plant vote buy was expensive. CERB sets a new standard.

I always thought CERB applicants should have had to agree to make their bank records available for audit in order to receive payment.
Well if he wanted to do it for all canadians, they should have made the extent of the criteria as "be canadian". Since they bothered listing a lot of other criteria and had an easy way to check immediately on many of them, you are left with "jt is a $^@%#ing moron" or "jt just ran the largest vote buying experiment in the history of the country".

Did the Bloc support Trudeau after getting him to back off of prosecuting people who cheated the CERB?

Did the Bloc support Trudeau after getting him to back off of prosecuting people who cheated the CERB?

Conservatives, Bloc, NDP and Greens all went against legislation to fine etc. CERB cheaters at various points.

I just don't understand why we would not want to catch them and punish them? I get there is concern about people who accidentally double dipped in the first cut, but we can weed them out of the list (make them pay back the second dip), after that fines, prosecuting etc. are fair game.

Of course now the opposition parties are complaining about fraud....block legislation to catch fraud, then complain there is fraud?

Last edited:
Conservatives, Bloc, NDP and Greens all went against legislation to fine etc. CERB cheaters at various points.

I just don't understand why we would not want to catch them and punish them? I get there is concern about people who accidentally double dipped in the first cut, but we can weed them out of the list (make them pay back the second dip), after that fines, prosecuting etc. are fair game.

Of course now the opposition parties are complaining about fraud....block legislation to catch fraud, then complain there is fraud?

The people collecting the CERB are Lieberal voting base . You actually think they will go after them ? 800k is the number that is being pushed . I bet the number is much higher .

The people collecting the CERB are Lieberal voting base . You actually think they will go after them ? 800k is the number that is being pushed . I bet the number is much higher .

Wrong, next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong, next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure about that. I have no idea if there is a political slant to the CERB cheats, but many will remember all the free money the liberals gave them and vote for them in the hopes of more free money. JT bought a lot of votes with our money.

The people collecting the CERB are Lieberal voting base . ...
:unsure: how the ****did you come to that conclusion, wild assumption swayed by your own political party preference?
You have zero clue who is receiving CERB right now and you certainly don't know how those people vote.

... and now we have CERB cheats? What's that, somebody that thinks they can embezzle funds from the federal government? Good luck with that, sounds like a great way to see the inside of a jail.

Soooo Liberals want legislation to go after cheats. All the opposition parties at one point or another shoot it down... Conclusion, all the cheats are Liberals? That is some game of chicken they played and won....

My guess, many people who received CERB will vote Liberal in the next election IF the other parties tell them they should not have received it... other than that it seems far fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom