Justin Time | Page 73 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Justin Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luxury tax makes a lot more sense. Generates a lot of money and is much more politically palatable. Ultimately, who cares if you add a few thousand to the price of a $10,000 rolex? Just don't buy it if you don't want to pay the tax. If you "have" to have it, pay the tax and enjoy the watch.

Make sense? Since when did that matter with Trudeau?

Meh I am sure JT has another scandal to drop, this will distract from all this "budget" nonsense, and they can keep delaying it.

I can't get enough of this guy. I used to want to see hem take over for Colbert, now I'm thinking if he can up the wittiness a bit he could be the Canada's Bill Mahar.

Trust CBC news to try to be tough as they are with Ford but only ask soft ball questions to the Liberals and Never bring up PQ with their much higher COVID numbers.

Defund CBC News
Did you see them interview Mary Trump? Who fuckin cares.

Did you see them interview Mary Trump? Who fuckin cares.
They cover anything that makes their PM look favourable compared to the evil Trump.

What will they do when he is gone other than pick on Ford more.

Last edited:
I haven't been following this thread but got thinking about our tax system. Just exactly how does our system differ from a Ponzi scheme?

New members are needed to pay the way for the previous contributors.

I haven't been following this thread but got thinking about our tax system. Just exactly how does our system differ from a Ponzi scheme?

Hmm, so I have paid taxes for 45 years and continue to do so in my retirement though maybe less now as I will am earning less.

Have also paid into CPP and still have not claimed CPP yet.

Taxes in Canada are based on income and not on Net worth, is that way you are advocating for?

Because they can borrow indiscrimantely for the foreseeable future. They can (and have) gotten way behind on recruiting for the bottom tier but dont need to acknowledge the collapse until some point in the future (and each successive government will try to punt that until the next government). Teudeau gets the distinction for the largest deficit in history in recruiting suckers in this analogy.

Hmm, so I have paid taxes for 45 years and continue to do so in my retirement though maybe less now as I will am earning less.

Have also paid into CPP and still have not claimed CPP yet.

Taxes in Canada are based on income and not on Net worth, is that way you are advocating for?

Taxing net worth bothers me as two individuals that made the same coin over their lives could have vastly different net worths. One could have spent every cent on entertainment and depreciating assets while the other invested and has assets. The latter should have the right to spend his later in life, not subsidizing the spender. He should be free to spend late in life, just like the former chose to spend early in life.

Both pay various sales taxes and the saver will pay taxes on capital gains, RRIF and dividend incomes.

I'm a cautious fan of sales taxes on luxury items. It doesn't hurt the poor like taxes on groceries in some US jurisdictions. Sliding scales sound good until one works out the logistics and games that get played.

Because they can borrow indiscrimantely for the foreseeable future. They can (and have) gotten way behind on recruiting for the bottom tier but dont need to acknowledge the collapse until some point in the future (and each successive government will try to punt that until the next government). Teudeau gets the distinction for the largest deficit in history in recruiting suckers in this analogy.

He's loving Covid. He can blame the deficit on it.

I've always watched my assets and had a vague list of importance. If things looked iffy the lower ranked items were disposed of while they still had value.

Reality sucks. With all the restaurant closings there aren't a lot of people starving on the streets. Maybe we had too many restaurants and not every one rated a hand out. Then what about the burger flippers???

Taxing net worth bothers me as two individuals that made the same coin over their lives could have vastly different net worths. One could have spent every cent on entertainment and depreciating assets while the other invested and has assets. The latter should have the right to spend his later in life, not subsidizing the spender. He should be free to spend late in life, just like the former chose to spend early in life.

Both pay various sales taxes and the saver will pay taxes on capital gains, RRIF and dividend incomes.

I'm a cautious fan of sales taxes on luxury items. It doesn't hurt the poor like taxes on groceries in some US jurisdictions. Sliding scales sound good until one works out the logistics and games that get played.
I don't like death taxes for the most part, but I'm not opposed to a simple death tax, say 10% tax on any inheritances over $500K, paid by the one who inherits the money.

I would prefer a very simple tax system based on consumption. No income tax, no corporate tax, no tax filings, no property tax on your primary residence. Close up tax loopholes and cheating opportunities, eliminate a gazillion public servants in place.

Simply add 20% HST to everything you spend. Exempt only your primary home and groceries.

I don't like death taxes for the most part, but I'm not opposed to a simple death tax, say 10% tax on any inheritances over $500K, paid by the one who inherits the money.

I would prefer a very simple tax system based on consumption. No income tax, no corporate tax, no tax filings, no property tax on your primary residence. Close up tax loopholes and cheating opportunities, eliminate a gazillion public servants in place.

Simply add 20% HST to everything you spend. Exempt only your primary home and groceries.
Ah, wanting to move to a barter system, I see.

Ah, wanting to move to a barter system, I see.
That sorta works as you don't ever pay tax on something that has already been taxed. And tax cheating is minimized to small operators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom