Just 17 years old been obssessed with motorcycles | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just 17 years old been obssessed with motorcycles

Check rates on the Yamaha WR250X or WR250R depending on how much street/dirt you want to do.
I did my M2 riders training on Yamaha TW200 with those fat bubble tires. I was looking them up earlier on Kijiji and even 2002 ones go for north of 3 grand. It was fun to ride those, and they sure are beginners bike but I'm guessing those are rare to find now.

I see that new ones cost 5.5k but might be a good investment if you can sell it later for more or less the same price.

17 years old now and obsessed with motorcycles :sneaky: I bet some day he will own an electric motorcycle.

I am amr, 17 years old, and reside in Mississauga Ontario. I currently have my m1 but due to covid restrictions, I wasn't able to get my m2. I have been looking for motorcycles I went from looking at YZF-R3 to Kawasaki Ninja till I contacted some insurance companies and I was getting 13/ year Literally insnane. Then I figured out that any sportbike will not do me good on my insurance. I really want to purchase a motorcycle for the summer when I have my m2 and training course done. I can't seem to find a single good bike for good insurance. I have been looking at the new BMW g310 r but I will probably get bad insurance since it is a new bike.

Is there any suggestion for a good bike I could purchase in the summer since my birthday is in June?

I joined this community because I thought I would get some actual useful suggestions

I am pleased to join such a community and I hope I grow within it over the next years
My son is 25 now, he got his M2 at 17. His first ride was a TW200. If I recall he paid about $1600 his first year. He moved to a Yamaha 250 cruiser year, then to a Ninja 250 over the next couple of years, he paid a little more for the Ninja.

Enduros up to 200cc seem to be cheapest. Then cruisers. This makes sense because both are lower up, higher torque, have forgiving chassis setup - all make them easier to ride (less risk to insurer).

Another thing that impacts insurance costs is bundling. Since you don’t likely insure a house or car, you might ask your parents to see about adding you onto their policies as a primary - could reduce MC insurance a lot.

if insurance is still out of reach, you might think about a scooter. Not the biggest thrill, but it should be the least expensive and will help you tick off a couple of years experience as a licences and insured motorcyclist. This is really an investment for future savings

Insurance brokers offer tenant insurance for people that don't own their house, that can get you started with a broker and "insurance bundling'

17 years old now and obsessed with motorcycles :sneaky: I bet some day he will own an electric motorcycle.

I don't know if motorcycling will even continue being a "thing" years from now. The younger generation is rarely interested in it and the ones that are face prohibitive insurance rates. I remember when I started at 17 years old, my Ninja 250R was around $35/month with State Farm...
I saw a thread with someone getting ~$1000/month insurance rates for an R6 which is insane.
To the OP, maybe take a look at the MT03 or MT07. The nakeds (seem) to be priced a little more reasonably at this time. Good luck!
Also, make sure when you are getting your quote, you say you have your M2.

Bundling may or may not work. I insure a house a condo and 4 vehicles spread over 3 insurance co's. Lots have tried to bundle and save me cash but done can beat the current pricing. (they struggle with the vehicles - car, campervan, bike and sled - total for all 4 is under 1500$/ year )

Bundling may or may not work. I insure a house a condo and 4 vehicles spread over 3 insurance co's. Lots have tried to bundle and save me cash but done can beat the current pricing. (they struggle with the vehicles - car, campervan, bike and sled - total for all 4 is under 1500$/ year )
Same here have never found any savings from bundling has always been cheaper to shop each type individually.

Sent from my KFONWI using Tapatalk

Some years bundling helps, others it doesn't. That's why shopping around every year makes sense, because the way they calculate your premiums doesn't.

You nailed it Relax. SHOP AROUND. I'm amazed at how many people I know who just whine about the cost but stay with the same firm as if loyalty was worth something.

Back
Top Bottom