Jokes | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jokes

I saw the original post but not that followup. Many absolutely brilliant souls threw in their opinion. "You need to attach the cables to the remote points as attaching them directly to the battery fries things. My brothers infiniti mechanic told him that so it's the truth.", "If your car is running when you try to start the other car, your voltage drops which makes the alternator work too hard and instantly burns it out", etc etc.

I saw the original post but not that followup. Many absolutely brilliant souls threw in their opinion. "You need to attach the cables to the remote points as attaching them directly to the battery fries things. My brothers infiniti mechanic told him that so it's the truth.", "If your car is running when you try to start the other car, your voltage drops which makes the alternator work too hard and instantly burns it out", etc etc.

A friend of mine told me, with conviction, that my 4 cylinder vehicle was insufficient to jump their 6 cylinder vehicle (in their opinion it was a “big” vehicle)

Clearly no concept of how batteries work and the actual relativity of the engine sizes. It wasn’t a turbo diesel tractor engine.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

A friend of mine told me, with conviction, that my 4 cylinder vehicle was insufficient to jump their 6 cylinder vehicle (in their opinion it was a “big” vehicle)

Clearly no concept of how batteries work and the actual relativity of the engine sizes. It wasn’t a turbo diesel tractor engine.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Blow their mind and show them an old tractor or construction equipment with a one cylinder pony motor starting a big diesel.

I was trying to see the humour in this and it appears to be in the confusion over a battery calculating the cylinder count.

On a more serious note, "Sorry bud, I can't help you is my response." CAA or a new battery are about the same price. If a sensor goes on my car it will cost me a lot more than a battery.

I don't want to find out that my car is the one with sensor surge issues. If I absolutely had to do it I would disconnect my battery and reconnect after the other car is running. I might have to tolerate a few miles of driving for patterns to reset.

MxfurE2.jpeg

j2gSKLw.jpeg

JCDCijyl.jpg

0H7fSr1l.jpg

lRxGIKD.jpeg

bQhAYYN.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom