Joe Bass' technology woes thread | Page 20 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Joe Bass' technology woes thread

oioioi

Their keyboards have won numerous awards for the best and most accurate keyboard based on typing accuracy.

MyT430 is 8-9 years old so it needs a new battery and the power button has come off the keyboard so it needs a new one. But all the typing keys are in tact.
I’m considering moving over to the Lenovo Carbon line but this T430 is still working well.
The weight (or lack of) of the Carbon line is so appealing.

Reactions: J_F

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Their keyboards have won numerous awards for the best and most accurate keyboard based on typing accuracy.

MyT430 is 8-9 years old so it needs a new battery and the power button has come off the keyboard so it needs a new one. But all the typing keys are in tact.
I’m considering moving over to the Lenovo Carbon line but this T430 is still working well.
The weight (or lack of) of the Carbon line is so appealing.
Everytime I think about replacing a t450s, I am disappointed by the direction lenovo is headed. It looks like carbon is a better bet than t4xxx these days. Most of the t series dont have replaceable batteries anymore (and come with batteries good for barely one working day when new).

oioioi

This seems to be a common trend with the manufactureres. Going to an non-hot-swapable battery.

Also have a Dell Lattitude E5450 with an intergrated battery.

All batteries can be replaced, but seems like you now need to comletly take the laptop apart.
And with the new deisngs which make them so small and thin it is much more difficult to take apart.

unL33T

Running W10 on an Asus EEE.....look it up, it's old.

Thanks Geoff
I just got one of these for free but both USB ports are damaged and the connector on the power supply is horribly bent (but still works). Considering trying to fix it just for fun. Wonder how hard it is to swap the usb ports without buying anything (desolder from another board and swap over I guess).

oioioi

Just checked.

The sale ends tonight. But these go on sale fairly often.

If you don't end up getting one. I actually have an unopened BNIB 250GB and a 1TB I can sell off.
I bought a few extra for my clients and have a few left over.

TwistedKestrel

King of GTAM
Site Supporter
Similar story with IBM (Lenovo these days).
The consumer grade sucks.
The business grade are a workhorse.
Ever since I came across them in my Co-op days, I haven't considered anything else.
They are ugly or just so bland, but its a laptop. It't not suppose to look good. It's suppose to work and they work very well.
One of the best laptops I ever owned.
Lenovo has a whole lot of brands these days. The entry level consumer stuff, I wouldn't trust but I haven't personally laid hands on them either.
The "Thinkpad" E series and A series in a twilight between enterprise and consumer. I currently use a Lenovo E485 and am pretty happy with it... not perfect, but I have never been perfectly happy with a laptop ever

Top Bottom