If you could have one bike... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

If you could have one bike...

I know there’s lots of them out there for sale, but they’re not “the one”. It’s like replacing a wedding band - It May look identical, but it’s still not the one you exchanged on your wedding day no matter how identical it may be.

The sentiment of it being my childhood motorcycle meant more than actually just owning a CT70.

Buy one and trade with your buddy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there’s lots of them out there for sale, but they’re not “the one”. It’s like replacing a wedding band - It May look identical, but it’s still not the one you exchanged on your wedding day no matter how identical it may be.

The sentiment of it being my childhood motorcycle meant more than actually just owning a CT70.

I'm not that sentimental.

If I loved a bike that I once owned, I wouldn't mind getting another one in better condition - brand new even, if possible.

Means I can put more mileage on it without worrying about parts needing repairing or replacing.

Reactions: J_F
Bikes that you've had, sold and regretted selling. That one that got away from you. The one that made you smile all the time. One bike and one bike only...

?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Laverda Jota 180 .

Bikes that you've had, sold and regretted selling. That one that got away from you. The one that made you smile all the time. One bike and one bike only...

?

I regret selling my KTM 990 ADVENTURE . best all around bike, and I've had a lot of bikes probably this was THE BIKE for me

I regret selling my KTM 990 ADVENTURE . best all around bike, and I've had a lot of bikes probably this was THE BIKE for me

the riding experience must be phenomenal on those bikes
everyone who's owned one says so

I must go for a test ride some day to try one
so I can get over that they've been beaten badly with the ugly stick

they are the 2 wheeled equivalent of Sarah Jessica Parker

?

Yamaha Vmax as a new goal!

My 89 RK. I bought it in a bunch of boxes and re-assembled it about 80% in my family room, then sold it to Bar for his museum. Boy was I young and dumb.

6a00d83420789753ef01b8d0638dc1970c-800wi

View attachment 41875

I'm good! (y)

Really like what they did with the new engine, the M8. I might go that direction when it's time for a new bike.

I rented a road glide with an M8 last fall. The bike was amazing as far as electronics, etc. go but the engine was so smooth when I got moving I could hardly tell that it was on. The bike majorly lacked personality. Even on my old 250 ninja I could drop a gear, twist the throttle and put a smile on my face.

I rented a road glide with an M8 last fall. The bike was amazing as far as electronics, etc. go but the engine was so smooth when I got moving I could hardly tell that it was on. The bike majorly lacked personality. Even on my old 250 ninja I could drop a gear, twist the throttle and put a smile on my face.
Hmm not what I am hearing about the M8. The power is there through a larger band, doesn't top out like the older engines. And more of it from a stock engine, feels already modded.
But I would have to test out first hand to really know.

Hmm not what I am hearing about the M8. The power is there through a larger band, doesn't top out like the older engines. And more of it from a stock engine, feels already modded.
But I would have to test out first hand to really know.

I demo’d a 2019 Road Glide with the M8 and it was super smooth and sounded great stock. It’s one of the HDs I wouldn’t mod the exhaust and it’s wasn’t a CVO. Great power. It wasn’t packed with gear and/or pilon but, found it a pleasure to ride.

As a previous HD owner, I was impressed. As I’m window shopping for a ride, it’s on the radar. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had a mint restored 66 Honda Z50 MiniTrail I bought for my son back in 1990s, complete with both keys and sold when he outgrew it for $450 after about 5 years ownership. Just learned from a UK Youtube video that that era of mini-bike can go for as much as 12,000 UK pounds in mint condition. Doh!

?

I gave up on the single perfect machine sometime ago since what I wanted is a direct contradiction: hard offroad, peppy city savagery and touring comfort.

Dream pairing: tracer 900 gt and a ktm 690 Enduro or 350exc

I've found the most fun having something big, something small

Yeah ...you cn maybe get two out of three in one midrange choice. Getting all three in one machine fugedaboud it.

Or you get a single compromise machine that doesn't do anything particularly well.

A smaller Africa Twin might do better all around. I think touring comfort and off road weight are really hard to combine.
The KLR650 stayed around for decades as an "okay to do anything sort of " bike. But yeah ...2 bikes is the ticket especially for the off road and city squirrel segment.

Cover-CRF850-L-Africa-Twin-5227-default-large.jpeg

I wish I had of bought the 1985 RZ500 with 22,000km for $2300 at Ontario Honda on queen street back in the day when I was driving my RZ350, just never thought at the time how rare they would become.

Honda RC51
Puts a large stupid grin on my face, every day

Always lusted over the RC51...

Usually see one guy out at SMP for trackdays with an SP1 and the noise it makes at full chat is just absolutely phenomenal. ?

The RC51 is proof that Honda can do Ducati better than Ducati can do Ducati.

Well, if we are checking current statistics, the current Ducati engine in Moto GP is pumping out more horsepower than Honda is.

Jack miller set a speed of 345 down the 1km long straight. All the other teams were around 323 to 330's

But I like how you are thinking.
Honda is still beating them, but is that just because Mark Marquez is on the bike?
Put him on a Ducati and Ducati may win.

Back
Top Bottom