Ice racing in Ontario/Quebec? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ice racing in Ontario/Quebec?

MrMeeseeks

Site Supporter
Does anyone here ice race a bike? If so, can you please give me more information on how to get involved with this?

contact kneedragger88, he is setting something up

No he is not. He has offered to help out if we have a group that wants to get it together. I have found 40 acres of land and I have the plow. Now we need a water truck and a nearby water source and a GROUP of people willing to give up some time to flood an ice road course. That said it would be far easier to find a frozen lake we could plow out a course on. Ideas?

If anyone is interested in going to Minnesota, I know a guy that makes a track on his lake every year.... and holds races there. :D
BTW - is there any law against doing an impromptu race on any given lake, here in Ontario?

Not sure. I know the Town of Port Perry put a stop to the weekly races on Scugog after a spectator got killed. They may have simply shut off the access via their boat ramp though. Snowmobiles seem to ride where ever they want so I would suspect no?
If we are going all the way to MN then might as well do the NumB Bum 24 hr race in Edmonton :D

There are some races on Rice Lake,,I know riders from Pro 6 go there George Jones organizes it,,,I think. The Numb Bum is a pretty cool event. There is a lot of ice racing and riding going on,, you just have to find it. Some guys have a nice place and don"t promote it as they just ,want to do "track days" so they prefer to keep it on the QT. But i do a lot of buisiness with ice riders in Ontario and Quebec,,,,so it's out there! Best to go to the show and start asking.

Last edited:
Nothing sanctioned but once the lake freezes there is always a nice oval cleared in Innisfil at the 25th sdrd and 8th line. Last year they actually added a few more turns, fun. Dress warm ; )

Subscribed! I'd happily ride out to spectate. Talk nice and I'll bring some hot coffee!

I've been looking also, to race the quad, my searches keep coming up empty but I know a few years ago rice lake, bewdley does an oval track and a qt mile radar run, haven't been out there in a few years tho..... Keep the thread updated with progress....

I'm not sure about racing but there is a place just outside of Oakland (between Brantford and Simcoe) called Oakland Pond where you will find Jordan Szoke and his buddies just about every weekend after it freezes. Nothing to fancy, they just drag tires out to make the course up and have at er. Pretty cool to watch, Szoke's skills are not limited to the pavement.

I'm not sure about racing but there is a place just outside of Oakland (between Brantford and Simcoe) called Oakland Pond where you will find Jordan Szoke and his buddies just about every weekend after it freezes. Nothing to fancy, they just drag tires out to make the course up and have at er. Pretty cool to watch, Szoke's skills are not limited to the pavement.

The problem is, we start getting the wrong people coming out from time to time and it ruins it for everyone.

I'm definitely the wrong people... :toothy7:

The problem is, we start getting the wrong people coming out from time to time and it ruins it for everyone.

Sorry Recip hope I didnt give up too much information!

I ride my studded quad on Lake simcoe all winter. It's a blast. At the south end of Keswick on Cooks Bay there is usually a gathering where many sleds and quads get together and do radar runs. I would like to get a track set up if there is enough interest so we could do some fun laps and there are some great restaurants along the Meskanogue river we can go to and eat after and bench race. It makes for a great day out. I have a couple friends on 450R's that should be out this year and I've seen a nice done up Banshee ripping along the shores as well as a 250R

You can find me cruzing the lake looking for sleds to spank with my GSXR1000 powered DS I built :)

PIC010216.jpg

PIC010217.jpg

That quad is SICK!!!
Where are you guys getting tires set up for this? I can probably get a set of old rubber from my buddy to stud up one of my MX bikes... Would love to give it a shot.
Would be fun to get out and see how far over I can get the bike... Problem is I have too many damn motorsports hobbies and not sure how much I would do it for the cost since I have a sled I'm running...

There are far to may yahoos on the Keswick side, I have seen some very dangerous play at the radar track there.
A far better place is the west side of the bay away from the yahoos and kite/board people, most years there is a track just south of the Gilford rd

thanks rmemedic, it's a blast for sure. I also studed up my 01 1K streetbike once and had it going 270km/h down the bay with about 900 studs in the tires. leaning over wasn't too safe as the bike would get into a rythem of swaying due to the studs grabing and not on and off again. Still pretty fun though :) I just studded atv tires for now and they seem to be working okay. I'm a little worried though as I can reach up to 120mph right now with the gearing I've got. I'm starting another build with an 07' gsxr1000 motor right now and may try to sell one of them when I have two completed.

Ronnie, there will be a bunch of us yahoos out there Jan 1st doing drags. Ya, those kiters are all over but are just as much in the right to be there as anyone I figure. I try to keep my distance from them. I will head over to the west side next time I'm out and see if there is anyone there. Let me know if you here of anything being organized.

Be safe on the Keswick side, the problem I have with the track there is people with no common sense, when the plow truck is clearing the snow from the track and guys are still doing 100mph pass's is just pain stupid and dangerous, or sleds racing BOTH WATS on the track.
Any of the fast guys I know stay clear of Keswick and doo there playing or testing away from the east side of Cooks Bay

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom