I went down | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I went down

this happened to me. spent it on a ring and trip to africa instead.

:cool:
Ring? That’s gonna keep you on a Grom for a long time. I’d have bought the dream bike — a lot cheaper in the long run.

Ring? That’s gonna keep you on a Grom for a long time. I’d have bought the dream bike — a lot cheaper in the long run.
she makes more then i do. :LOL:

I was more interested in physical deployment time. I didn't realize that it was pretty much a portable airbag with brains and an explosion. I was thinking more lifejacket style with a cylinder and a pin.

45m/s in a side impact test of the street version. The dummy's ass is still on the seat and the bag has already inflated. Translate that to a rear end impact and the bag would be inflated before you slid past the passenger seat.

I was more interested in physical deployment time. I didn't realize that it was pretty much a portable airbag with brains and an explosion. I was thinking more lifejacket style with a cylinder and a pin.

Both styles are available. The retrofit airbag systems that fit under your existing leathers, thus far, have been using a tether.

Both styles are available. The retrofit airbag systems that fit under your existing leathers, thus far, have been using a tether.

The latest D-air vest uses the microprocessor.

dainese-d-air-smart-jacket.jpg

There is no protection for the neck - is there?
Can't help but feel that it is one of the most vulnerable areas when being all armoured up..

Brave man. Ya know, the breadwinner gets the nice car, the other gets the minivan.
oh she could care less what toys i buy for myself. :D

she's actually bugging me to buy a 'proper' bike so we can do longer rides together.

There is no protection for the neck - is there?
Can't help but feel that it is one of the most vulnerable areas when being all armoured up..

It inflates around the neck, which acts similar to a Leatt style brace.

dainese-d-air-vest-example.jpg

Little update for anyone interested.

A few days after the accident, I was in so much pain I ended up in emergency. Two sets of x-rays and an ultrasound later they discovered a moderate compression fracture in my t12.

Started physio and got a custom fitted back brace to wear. I have a lawyer involved now and am not working until the doc gives me the green light. What a great start to my summer, right?

Optimistically, I'm looking at 8-12 weeks to heal. Likelihood of riding (or anything else physical) this season isn't very good, but on the bright side I don't have to buy a bike now at summer prices, I can wait til fall for the deals lol.

Even with this injury I stand by my thoughts on atgatt...it was a violent impact and the sheer force of it that fractured my t12. Short of being in a bubble nothing was going to stop that, but the armor reduced the damage significantly and at least has given me a chance to recover. If I didn't have it I would have been way worse off.

Wow

glad you are still doing ok. Stay positive and it will all be behind you soon enough.
and you back on the bike again

Out of curiosity
What happens to your insurance policies in this case

you obviously dont have another Bike to switch it to. Is it a cancelation or a the remaining cost of it being tied into the lawyers claim agains the cage driver. ?

Wow

glad you are still doing ok. Stay positive and it will all be behind you soon enough.
and you back on the bike again

Out of curiosity
What happens to your insurance policies in this case

you obviously dont have another Bike to switch it to. Is it a cancelation or a the remaining cost of it being tied into the lawyers claim agains the cage driver. ?

Thank you.

I had that talk with them yesterday. Once the claim (property damage) is paid, we cancel the policy effective the date of the claim and any payments after that are refunded back to me. That should be done this week, just waiting for F9 to ship my new helmet so I can give the invoice to the adjuster and she will send me a cheque for helmet and bike.

They've been pretty good to deal with, I'm impressed with the service. It's been a smooth process and haven't had to involve my lawyer in that part of it. Good news is that they give me a year to insure another bike without losing my experience record.

Other gear gets paid through the accident benefits, which the lawyer is dealing with.

Ok. That's good

What helmet did you end up getting.

Little update for anyone interested.

A few days after the accident, I was in so much pain I ended up in emergency. Two sets of x-rays and an ultrasound later they discovered a moderate compression fracture in my t12.

Started physio and got a custom fitted back brace to wear. I have a lawyer involved now and am not working until the doc gives me the green light. What a great start to my summer, right?

Optimistically, I'm looking at 8-12 weeks to heal. Likelihood of riding (or anything else physical) this season isn't very good, but on the bright side I don't have to buy a bike now at summer prices, I can wait til fall for the deals lol.

Even with this injury I stand by my thoughts on atgatt...it was a violent impact and the sheer force of it that fractured my t12. Short of being in a bubble nothing was going to stop that, but the armor reduced the damage significantly and at least has given me a chance to recover. If I didn't have it I would have been way worse off.

Sorry to hear about the injury. At least you know it will heal properly, and you'll ride again in a few months. You're smart to get a lawyer involved. At this point insurance is not your friend, and they'll screw you any way they can. This injury could affect you for life. Don't think for a minute that they care.

Glad you're relatively ok.

Be sure to consult with a lawyer, even though insurance is playing ball they will want to give you the lowest sum possible to walk away.

Back
Top Bottom