I went down | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I went down

Glad you're relatively ok.

Be sure to consult with a lawyer, even though insurance is playing ball they will want to give you the lowest sum possible to walk away.
The property damage part went well, they offered a fair settlement and took very little back and forth to finalize. It was the other part of it, after a few minutes on a phone with the adjuster I excused myself and advised him my lawyer would contact him. Did not give me the impression he had my best interest in mind, to put it gently.
do you homework with the lawyer. Make your sure you know exactly what you agree regarding payment. They will try to double dip, triple dip, come up with more fee later. They are lawyers after all.
Thanks for the advice. You're right, I realize they are almost as good a friend as the insurance adjuster lol.

Luckily I do have good friends in the legal system, and didn't have to do much. I had my own legal pitbull source him out and work that out. I'm content with the arrangement.

The property damage part went well, they offered a fair settlement and took very little back and forth to finalize. It was the other part of it, after a few minutes on a phone with the adjuster I excused myself and advised him my lawyer would contact him. Did not give me the impression he had my best interest in mind, to put it gently. Thanks for the advice. You're right, I realize they are almost as good a friend as the insurance adjuster lol.

Luckily I do have good friends in the legal system, and didn't have to do much. I had my own legal pitbull source him out and work that out. I'm content with the arrangement.
yeah they are not, they have a job to do. investigate and give you as little money as possible to go away which doesn't make them bad people. it just is what it is.

Sorry to hear about the accident and your Viffer Michael. Even more sorry to hear about the injury.

I hope you and your lawyer can get something from the driver that rear ended ya.

GWS!

Today marks 100 days since the accident. It also marks the first time I went for a ride since that day. I've had my new bike for almost a month now, was just waiting for the all clear from my doc that I could do it...that happened yesterday, along with clearance to go back to work.

It was surreal being back on a bike. Getting geared up and doing my pre ride checks I felt anxious, but ready to get back on. I rolled out and puttered around my area for a bit, filled the tank and then headed to where the accident happened. I wanted to finish the ride I started that day. And I did.

It was a short ride, maybe 60km but I needed to do it, kind of like closure on what had happened. It's been an emotional clusterf*** for me these past few months but being able to ride again has given me a sense of calm and confidence I haven't felt in a while.

Still have a bit of a long road to full recovery but today was a huge milestone and I'm looking forward to more rides this season.

I'm very thankful for all the well wishes, advice and support I've received from many of you here. Knowing that there are people out there who understand and empathize with what I've been going through and have taken the time to comment has meant a lot. So thanks!

Sorry for the long mushy post...had some feels I needed to get off my chest and I figured if anyone would get me it would be this group lol

Good stuff Michael. Your first ride seems like the perfect way to get back into it.
Your original post about the incident and the value of the back protector armour was a good read.
I bought a back protector very shortly after and have ridden with it since, so thanks!

Ride safe and enjoy your new ride.

Good stuff Michael. Your first ride seems like the perfect way to get back into it.
Your original post about the incident and the value of the back protector armour was a good read.
I bought a back protector very shortly after and have ridden with it since, so thanks!

Ride safe and enjoy your new ride.

That's great, I'm happy to hear my story helped you make the decision to wear one. Hopefully you never need it but it's good to have just in case.

Great news. Pics of new bike?

I posted a few in my couch shopping thread here:

Glad to hear you are back riding. I took a look at the back armour in my ancient Joe Rocket mesh and found a D30 that fit in Australia last year. Took two of us to make it fit. Stiffer than my old piece of foam ( literally ) but nice to hear it works well. Will think of your experience every time the better back armor annoys me for a moment.

Sad for your VFR ...one of my bucket list rides I never got to own.

Glad to hear you are back riding. I took a look at the back armour in my ancient Joe Rocket mesh and found a D30 that fit in Australia last year. Took two of us to make it fit. Stiffer than my old piece of foam ( literally ) but nice to hear it works well. Will think of your experience every time the better back armor annoys me for a moment.

Sad for your VFR ...one of my bucket list rides I never got to own.

Glad to hear about the back protector, feels good to know others took my experience to upgrade their own safety.

It was your suggestion that led me to the FZ8, so thank you for that. With the very little seat time I've had so far I can tell I'm going to enjoy it. Great linear power, comfortable, very agile and smooth. I was practicing slow speed manuevers and became comfortable with it pretty quickly. I saw you mention it was a bit top heavy but coming from the vfr I didn't feel that, but that bike also had a much bigger tank capacity and 60ish pounds on the FZ8. I was concerned about wind going from fully faired to naked but it's not as bad as I expected.

The vfr is an awesome bike, I'm sad it's gone but I'm happy to have owned one. Considered getting another one to replace it but sometimes it's better to just move on and enjoy the memories of what was rather than try to replicate it.

The vfr is an awesome bike, I'm sad it's gone but I'm happy to have owned one. Considered getting another one to replace it but sometimes it's better to just move on and enjoy the memories of what was rather than try to replicate it.

Sorry to hear you have left the VFR family, but I understand what you're saying. When my 4th gen VFR got written off I tried looking for another one but decided it was easier to remember it as it was rather than try and find one that was in even remotely similar shape.
But I couldn't leave the V-Four Gear driven cam engines behind so I just moved on to a newer gen. ?

Glad to hear you're enjoying the FZ8

Sorry to hear you have left the VFR family, but I understand what you're saying. When my 4th gen VFR got written off I tried looking for another one but decided it was easier to remember it as it was rather than try and find one that was in even remotely similar shape.
But I couldn't leave the V-Four Gear driven cam engines behind so I just moved on to a newer gen.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the FZ8

Thank you It wasn't an easy choice because of that engine. And at the risk of sounding elitist I couldn't find any as nice as mine. I didn't want to get into a situation where I kept dumping money into it to try to replicate it. I came close to buying an 8th gen but decided against it because it would have maxed my budget and after being off work for 5 months between covid and the injury I figured it would be better to spend less and use the money for other things. Some felt I was stupid for even buying another bike now but eff em, lol...they just don't get it.

The FZ8 is a nice bike and after a few rides I think it's a better "fit" for me than the VFR800. I really like the power and handling but it sounds like every other inline 4. I do miss that hit and sound when vtec kicked in. I think I would like another V4 at some point, maybe a 5th gen if I can find one in a few years just so I can experience what all the fuss is about gear driven cams. If someone offers me to ride their vfr I won't say no lol, wink wink nudge nudge

The FZ8 is a nice bike and after a few rides I think it's a better "fit" for me than the VFR800. I really like the power and handling but it sounds like every other inline 4. I do miss that hit and sound when vtec kicked in. I think I would like another V4 at some point, maybe a 5th gen if I can find one in a few years just so I can experience what all the fuss is about gear driven cams. If someone offers me to ride their vfr I won't say no lol, wink wink nudge nudge

Lol sure thing. If we ever get out together we can swap bikes for a bit. It's always fun to get out on an inline 4 once in awhile.

Back
Top Bottom