Couch shopping for a new bike | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Couch shopping for a new bike

-

Would you pay $2k to convert the xrs700 to spoked wheels?

-

004_XSR700-led-headlight-upgrade.jpg

Some good wheels and a killer bike, though all that, from the wheels to the exhaust, and they kept the stock levers, alongside removing all signals, odd.

Yes, your previous post piqued my curiosity.

Bike needed some work and he wasn't willing to negotiate so I had to walk. I don't think he was expecting someone who knew what to look for and how much it would cost.

Too bad, I offered a fair price and would have bought it but for what he was asking and the money I would have to put into it made it not worth it.

The search continues!

This thread has motivated me to peek around at the Grom replacement....checking insurance first :rolleyes:
Initial quote was far too low, gave them a VIN to verify. We shall seeeee.

@Evoex are you talking about the Honda Monkey? Saw one in FL last Christmas and looks pretty cool...
lol no, i already own a Grom. I don't need another mini bike :ROFLMAO:

Hunter Cub (y) baby steps

Does anyone have any real life opinions/experience with the Triumph Street Triple R?

EDIT: nevermind, just checked insurance...ouch!

Sent from my SM-G965W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
For some reason, when I compared the street triple and street triple R, the difference was substantial. Different years, one was nearly 80% more... See if that makes a difference for you. I hear (heh) good things about them.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for all the advice and banter, it's been entertaining and informative. I've been all over the place on picking a new bike and some of that has been your fault lol.

Took delivery of a 2013 FZ8 tonight, it was actually the first of several bikes I looked at after my accident. Saw it was still for sale last week and reached out, ended up putting a deal together

I really like it, and am as happy as a pig in sh#t right now!

Last edited:
congrats, now put up some pics!

Congrats. Enjoy it

What's your first mod ;)

Does anyone have a link to the service manual for a 2013 FZ8? Ive been searching and can't find it. The only links I find that work go to the owners manual and most of the info in there is "see dealer".

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom