I Saw You: V.2.0 | Page 473 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I Saw You: V.2.0

Sunday afternoon, today, going north on Cawthra close to 403...big-ish white bike that mostly looked like a sportbike but had a rear tire that had to be 9 inches wide...what kind of bike was that?

Sunday afternoon, today, going north on Cawthra close to 403...big-ish white bike that mostly looked like a sportbike but had a rear tire that had to be 9 inches wide...what kind of bike was that?
clown bike

I can't think of any other sporty-ish-looking or sport-touring-ish bike that has a rear tire wider than 200mm, and the normal range 180 - 190 - 200 / 50 - 55 - 60 / 17 all look about the same at a glance.

Suzuki Hayabusa with a larger rear tire slapped on.

Sometimes i see GSXR 1000's stretched with bigger tires, but i think more than 200ish is pushing it

Suzuki Hayabusa with a larger rear tire slapped on.

Sometimes i see GSXR 1000's stretched with bigger tires, but i think more than 200ish is pushing it
Didn't one of the bigger Kawis come with a stock 200 rear tire at some point?

Regular H2 comes with a 200/55-17. Don't know about the H2SX or the Z. I think some Ducati Panigale models have a 200/60-17.

But these sizes are almost indistinguishable at a glance. The tipoff is actually the sidewall height, which is visibly different in the more extreme sizes.

Lots of people switch to 190 or even 180 on the big-bore bikes to encourage them to turn corners, and also to get better choice of brands and types. Main nuisance is keeping the traction-control happy, where so equipped.

I have a 180/60-17 Pirelli Supercorsa on the rear of my ZX10R now (no traction control on mine). They call it a 180, but a tape measure suggests otherwise. The as-installed-on-the-bike width is 195mm, exactly the same as the as-installed-on-the-bike width of a Dunlop Q3 190/55-17. I like the higher sidewall profile.

I have a 180/60-17 Pirelli Supercorsa on the rear of my ZX10R now (no traction control on mine). They call it a 180, but a tape measure suggests otherwise. The as-installed-on-the-bike width is 195mm, exactly the same as the as-installed-on-the-bike width of a Dunlop Q3 190/55-17. I like the higher sidewall profile.

I've had bad experiences trying a 180 meant for a 5.5" rim on a 6" rim. Forces out the sidewall, and distorts the edge of the tire. Flattened out the last cm of contact patch. Made it like hitting a wall I couldn't lean past... this was years ago... and of course it was my first time at Deals Gap/dragon when I uad this issue...

Probably brand dependent.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

the new gen 3 SDR also comes stock with 200/55/17

No sport touring tires for me☹️

the new gen 3 SDR also comes stock with 200/55/17

No sport touring tires for me
Pirelli rosso 2 comes in that size. I have one in my shed ready for the next tire change on my tuono. That, paired with a sport tire up front (pirelli corsa 2) so they wear at the same rate.

I know, Pirelli is confusing how they name their tires.
Rosso 2 is sport touring
Rosso corsa 2 is sport

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Did it have a V8 engine?

..Tom

OK Im thinking now it was probably a modded GSXR as it did look like a Kawi and I do admit I only caught a fleeting glimpse of it. I saw you can get a 240 tire in some kits...it wasn't heavily extended though.
Another "I Saw You" on Cawthra at 403 at that moment.....a Yammy Tracer 900 with a Kawi top case, WTF......oh wait, that was me....

Back
Top Bottom