I installed the creepy surveillance app/device to get an insurance discount | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I installed the creepy surveillance app/device to get an insurance discount

Xamici

I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if that was mentioned before, but I just signed up for the TD app thingie for my brand new Nissan Kicks and it quickly became apparent that it's easy to game the system.

I invariably score high (90%+) on <5kms trips and mediocre (~75%) on long trips.

You want to do short trips. It seems like you can only lose points during a trip, so the strategy is to break up your drive in multiple parts. Stop at Timmies on the way to your final destination and what would've been one 80% trip becomes two 90% trips. The same 20 points were deducted but over two trips. lol

And as far as I can tell, your average score doesn't take distance into consideration. It's [sum of scores/number of trips].
To drive or not to drive? Why this headache for saving a few dollars? We pay for our freedom. Soon, this will be also taken away. So enjoy your life without Adjusto

Xamici

i completed the Ajusto program with a 95/100 score and got a 24% discount. Turns out it only applies to the base rate. I have some extras on my insurance and the discount doesn't apply to those. Overall, it looks more like around 16% off. At least the discount is permanent.
Discount is permanent? Well, in the fine print that say that the priums are subject to change at their own discretion. Thete is nothing PERMANENT in this world.

timtune

Soooo, if I don't have a cell/smart phone, (yes I'm a caveman) I can't use this and save on insurance.... mmmmm
Talk about discrimination, my feelings are hurt. I'll be over there in my safe corner. ~~~>
Good on you JD. I thought I was the only one. Just be careful broadcasting that. When I mention that my wife and I travel for a week into the states without a phone or gps guys here have called it dangerous (!?). My wife has the last word though - she calls them "pussies"

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Good on you JD. I thought I was the only one. Just be careful broadcasting that. When I mention that my wife and I travel for a week into the states without a phone or gps guys here have called it dangerous (!?). My wife has the last word though - she calls them "pussies"
Soon enough your car will have all the telemetry and ability to upload built in. Many already do. I doubt any manufacturer has allowed 3rd party access to that data stream yet though.

timtune

I thought I heard a bad score could increase rates. Maybe that's just down the road a bit. I wouldn't do this even if a I had a smartphone.

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
I thought I heard a bad score could increase rates. Maybe that's just down the road a bit. I wouldn't do this even if a I had a smartphone.
The way they are selling it so far is your rate won't go up even if your score sucks. IIRC, you get a 10% discount just for trying. I don't doubt for a second that a flag is set in your file if you scored poorly though. Not sure if they are using the results to purge or just sitting on them for a future time where they are allowed to exploit the score.

timtune

The way they are selling it so far is your rate won't go up even if your score sucks. IIRC, you get a 10% discount just for trying. I don't doubt for a second that a flag is set in your file if you scored poorly though. Not sure if they are using the results to purge or just sitting on them for a future time where they are allowed to exploit the score.
You and I appear to have the same level of trust for insurance co's.

Freddy Fudpucker

I have had one of those transponder things for a good while now with CAA, I generally drive pretty darn fast on the highway and get a 15% discount for being a good driver. The thing must be faulty.....

Top Bottom