I GOT my SHOT | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I GOT my SHOT

Got mine done at a Shopper. The date for the next shot was left blank
Does that give you a better shot at a second dose if vaccine becomes more readily available? The second shot times were spread out to allow more to get the first jab. The optimal time for an individual is different from the optimal time for the general public when vaccine is in short supply.

Does that give you a better shot at a second dose if vaccine becomes more readily available? The second shot times were spread out to allow more to get the first jab. The optimal time for an individual is different from the optimal time for the general public when vaccine is in short supply.
There is no known optimal time. There was a tested interval based on prior experience (21 or 28 days depending on vaccine). In the interest of expediency, the trials to determine optimal interval have not yet been conducted (and I don't know if they are planned). After a shot plus two weeks, almost nobody ends up in hospital. That's what's important in my books. The second shot may lengthen the protection period or may reduce you to asymptomatic from mild symptoms. That is helpful but much less important for right now imo.

Helped my cousin sign up today....3hrs wait time since I started. Thousands and thousands of people in the system at once.

tried again to book, still no bueno:
My card is expired, but the site said it should still work...but it isnt

1620142193042.png

@bigpoppa where are you located and how old are you? have you tried both the provincial booking site as well as your local health unit's site? I had no trouble booking appointments for hubby and I (done at different times because of qualification factors) through our local health unit site...

tried again to book, still no bueno:
My card is expired, but the site said it should still work...but it isnt

View attachment 48524
My guess is a hiccup in updating to match the criteria the back end uses with whatever the government says are the rules of the day for your postal code.

Got AZ this morning. That pharmacy can't keep them in stock and will be out this morning. They don't know when they will get more but apparently not this week.

@bigpoppa where are you located and how old are you? have you tried both the provincial booking site as well as your local health unit's site? I had no trouble booking appointments for hubby and I (done at different times because of qualification factors) through our local health unit site...
This was the peel health site, I fit the criteria, but as soon as I put in the healthcard info it starts throwing up errors, I tried the william osler's website as well, they're booked solid for most locations...one location that seemed to have appointments available wont take me because they only serve certain postal codes, (not my'n even though Im in a hotspot)

Will try the provincial site next

@bigpoppa the Halton health unit site asks if you have a health card and if you say no, it allows you to enter other identification like a passport instead (other options are available too but I forget what they are)...are you able to try something other than your health card? I also found this site, but haven't tried it...

@bigpoppa the Halton health unit site asks if you have a health card and if you say no, it allows you to enter other identification like a passport instead (other options are available too but I forget what they are)...are you able to try something other than your health card? I also found this site, but haven't tried it...

I'll try it, thanks

Get ready for your second shot third shot and booster shot and every year shot..... any sucker who thinks this was going to end soon is getting a rude awakening. I hope the people will start rebelling soon against this idiocy.

Get ready for your second shot third shot and booster shot and every year shot..... any sucker who thinks this was going to end soon is getting a rude awakening. I hope the people will start rebelling soon against this idiocy.

I don't expect it to "end" as in it is eradicated. I do expect that at some point it will become like the flu where it flares up and you can can decide whether to get a yearly booster to help your odds. Once you get a significant portion of the population with antibodies (either through infection or vaccination), the explosive outbreaks should stop, variants should develop less often (eg one bad one every few years instead of a bad one per month) and life moves back towards normal.

I don't expect it to "end" as in it is eradicated. I do expect that at some point it will become like the flu where it flares up and you can can decide whether to get a yearly booster to help your odds. Once you get a significant portion of the population with antibodies (either through infection or vaccination), the explosive outbreaks should stop, variants should develop less often (eg one bad one every few years instead of a bad one per month) and life moves back towards normal.
Careful calling it the flu you might get all the hide in the basement mask lovers coming out to cancel culture you

Just got the shot! Pfizer. 14 days until I turn into a zombie :ROFLMAO: ?

So the gov's booking system is a complete joke. Just another example why our gov needs to be voted out. I only got the shot because I went to the dentist today and my hygienist told me about the one in our area her kids went to, no line up, Pfizer.

Hope you all are having better success at this!

I really don’t hear much anymore about people that has reservations about the vaccines

I really don’t think it was vast numbers of nah sayers, if that was the case, why are they running out of vaccines just days after we get supplies.

I really don’t hear much anymore about people that has reservations about the vaccines

I really don’t think it was vast numbers of nah sayers, if that was the case, why are they running out of vaccines just days after we get supplies.

They exist, we just interact and see them less.
Receptionist at my work refuses to get a vaccination, she claims COVID is a CCP (chinese communist party) bioweapon and they will just release another one anyways. Answer took me by surprise, I didn't have a response.

Were you able to access the Halton site at 12:01am and book the appt. for your hubby or did it open up later?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw, all Peel residents 18 years and older can book their shot beginning tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phizer first shot ~ 7 days ago
what is the wait time for 2nd shot?
Had my astrazenica shot a week ago... 15 weeks to go before second shot... sigh..

I had pretty much zero side effects. Out of the 8 other people I know who had the AZ, I fared the best. 1 person had mild symptoms, 1 had annoying symptoms, the other 6 had the full on chills, fever symptoms etc.

Last edited:

I'm hearing there's still a fair percentage of the population in the USA that's opposed to getting vaccinated. There always seems to be a lot more mistrust of anything controlled by governments down there. I'd like to see if any of them changed their minds after going to India for a week to help out in the healthcare system there.
We make our choices to either get it or not and there's potential consequences attached to either choice. I'm glad I got vaccinated. I'm prepared to accept any potential side effects. I'm not prepared to walk on egg shells form here on by not getting a vaccination - no thanks!

Back
Top Bottom