I GOT my SHOT | GTAMotorcycle.com

I GOT my SHOT

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Pfizer.

I had heard from many about how well organized the arrangements were and was actually looking forward to something Covid related that wasn't a disaster. One has to admire those in charge for their commitment to confusion.

I'm glad I went and have the ball rolling and I can't thank the front liners enough for making the system work.

Parking was not well organised with minimal spaces. I felt sorry for the lone parking lot attendant trying to herd people that shouldn't be driving at all. Older poor drivers with big SUVs because their driving skills make them uncomfortable in smaller vehicles. These are people that can't drive a seven foot wide vehicle through a ten foot opening.

Then there were a few impatient important ones. It's always nice for them to alert us of their arrival by use of their horns.

Once parked it was a bit of a lineup but I think being at a hospital may have been worse. They had to convert other facilities to a jab clinic, working around existing floor space, room sizes and doorways. A sports arena is wide open. A hallway there is defined by a pylon or piece of tape.

I got my emailed reminder eleven minutes before my jab appointment. I live 20 minutes away but I was early so that wasn't a problem.

They give you a new mask which I put over my new existing one. It covered my nose unlike three other people I saw in the socially distanced line.

One couple, a middle aged dumb and dumber were under nosed walking to the recovery seats. The seats are six feet apart so you can't socially distance if you're walking between them. Once seated and distanced they pulled the masks up. Then he lowers his completely to talk on his cell phone.

I get to repeat the process at the end of July. To avoid switch over complications I will still go to the same place (Trillium) but will park elsewhere.

I have absolutely no complaints with the feet-on-the-ground people. The problems above are due to the attitudes in the minds of the upper echelons, that "the problems will sort themselves out".

Good to hear congrats! Just got the email that MIL can book her shot at Rexall.

congrats
My mom got a big receipt proof of vaccine thing, if you got one as well, id hold on to it, might be necessary if you want to travel

Id also take a clear picture as backup in case the ink fades

I'm booked with Trillium as well (for 20th April) but I opted for the UofT Mississauga location.

The average age of people getting the jab should be coming down over time ...

The number of people that I know who have either just had it, or have it booked shortly, is increasing very quickly, and that is good.

Awesome. I'm one week tomorrow with the Moderna. By paper I should be somewhere in the ~40% protected range right now which is nice, but I'll feel better when I hit 80% in another week.

It's sad to see people IN the clinics still don't seem to get it with masks under the nose, but hey...at least they're there. Stupid or not, they'll hopefully reduce their risk of spreading when they continue that nonsense in public, because you know if they're doing it in a Covid vaccination clinic, of all places, they're doing it everywhere.

The whole zip code thing is flawed though, out in Durham region Pickering and Ajax get first dibs. I work Downtown Toronto in a hot zone but because I'm a Whitby resident we are at the bottom of the list.

signed up for mobile clinic at work for 9:10am on Tuesday, wahooo.

Wife mentioned they had a mobile clinic at wonderland for a few days, but they packed up due to no instream of patients? da faq.

signed up for mobile clinic at work for 9:10am on Tuesday, wahooo.

Wife mentioned they had a mobile clinic at wonderland for a few days, but they packed up due to no instream of patients? da faq.
The first time they packed it up, they had no supply of vaccine. Crap show all around.

Great news!

Ok I guess I should look into booking mine, as it seems a lot more people are getting it. ?

Got an appointment for Monday in St Catharines under the school bus driver priority. Long story about that but, just grateful.

It will be Pfizer and second shot is early August.

Wife is completely vaccinated as she is a front line worker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why did I bother?

I went for a walk mid afternoon, though the park and back. The playground was full of toddlers and their parents. Dog walkers on the paths, joggers, cyclist. No masks and we're a hot zone. F !

Last edited:
Mom got her first Pfizer shot on Good Friday at UTM. Wife and I scheduled for this coming Monday at UTM also.
Lots of parking at the UTM site. The parking lot north of the soccer field was pretty much empty (just past the 1 story parking facility and make a right around the NO U-TURN sign)

Well done.

in the last 3 months we’ve dropped from 120 new cases/day/100k population to less than 5 new cases/day/100k population. The vaccine has really made a huge difference. Hospitals are even starting to open back up for elective procedures

They think that pretty much everyone who wants vaccinated has been vaccinated but there are still 7 million who didn’t take the shot. Mostly African American or young hispanics. There are huge TV campaigns going on to try and get folks from these demographics in. I think this would make all the difference in shutting this thing down

Do you guys have a preference as to what manufacturers vaccine to get administered (pfizer, moderna etc) ? or rather do you even get to choose?
You can play with the odds if you prefer one over the other. You don't get to pick which brand. If you go to a pharmacy you probably (but not certainly) get AZ. If you go to an injection clinic you probably (but not certainly) get Pfizer or Moderna.

I don't care between the three, I will take the first one I can get. I think efficacy on J&J is lower so I would prefer one of the other three but afaik, there is no J&J in canada yet so that doesn't matter.

Do you guys have a preference as to what manufacturers vaccine to get administered (pfizer, moderna etc) ? or rather do you even get to choose?

Take whichever one you first have access to.

The UK did a risk-comparison chart, to compare the risk of blood-clotting associated with AstraZeneca with the risk of the consequences associated with covid19, and the risk of that vaccine is by far lower than the risk of catching covid19 for anyone more than 30 years old. Unfortunately, I haven't found a link to that chart that isn't behind a paywall.

Here's my own analysis. Right now, today, the chance of any random person in this country dying of covid19 is roughly one in a million per day, each and every day, cumulative. (Country is averaging 30-some-odd deaths per day) Let us accept the reported risk of blood clots following AstraZeneca vaccination as presented from Europe. This risk of reported blood clots associated with the AstraZeneca vaccine is also order-of-magnitude one in a million, but not cumulative - that's the total (and only if you have an associated low-platelets situation).

Therefore, the risk associated with waiting a day longer for something other than AstraZeneca is greater than the risk of taking AstraZeneca today. This is obviously a ruff back-of-notepad-calculation estimate. Maybe the break-even period is two days. Maybe it's not worth delaying at all if the blood clot situation turns out to be untrue or coincidental (which may yet be the case).

In other words ... not worth being concerned about. Take whichever one you first have access to. The time spent fretting about AstraZeneca would be better spent vaccinated with AstraZeneca.

I'm below the age group that Health Canada is currently recommending AstraZeneca for, so when Peel Region opened up registration to people turning 50 or older in 2021 and who live in designated hot-spots (which I do), I signed up at the first opportunity, and it's booked for 20th April. Don't know which vaccine (although it's probably going to be either Pfizer or Moderna). Don't care. It'll be whichever one they are handing out at the time.

Back
Top Bottom