Hugs your pets every day | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hugs your pets every day

stormcat

On Saturday I lost the love of my life. His name was Blair, and he had just turned 8-years-old. He got me through some very rough times in my life and also brought me more happiness and joy than I could have ever thanked him for.

Up until October 30th his health was fantastic. I'd always kept him very fit and trim, fed him an excellent diet. Then BOOM! He ended up with a double heart murmur and a massively enlarged heart. Only months prior to that he had had a perfect check-up with no evidence of heart disease. Blair's heart disease was a genetic ticking time bomb just waiting to erupt.

His vet gave him a year to live with daily heart medications. I went a step further and took him to a vet who specialized in homeopathy for additional care. She gave him several years to live coupling conventional veterinary medications with a homeopathic remedy and home made diet. He never got to take his first dose of the homeopathic remedy.

Exactly four weeks from his diagnosis he was gone.

On Saturday morning we were driving to Guelph to pick up his homeopathic remedy. We stopped in Norval so the dogs could have a pee break. Blair bounded off down the hill all happy and full of puppy energy as usual... then he dropped dead.

I tried to revive him to no avail. I will have that image of his beautiful eyes glazed over for the rest of my life. I miss him so profoundly and deeply. I can't stop crying. He was taken so young. I still needed him in my life... in my pack. He was — and is — such a huge part of who I am.

If you have a pet, please, please, treat him/her with love every single day. Spoil them. I did with my Blair and I hope he knew how much I loved and cherished every moment with him. Do the same for your critters. Their lives are too short.

2metk.jpg

29olkpk.jpg

25ji6fn.jpg

Oh geez.

I'm really sorry to hear what happened to Blair. You are right we get a lot from our pets. My dog has gotten me through a lot of tough times.

Rip.

Hope you make it out ok. Well wishes

Sent from my tablet using my paws

So sorry for your loss.
With the all the time you spent with him and all the care you gave him, no doubt he knew what he meant to you.
Dogs rule!

I am really sorry for your loss.

I do not have a dog of my own, though I take care of my girlfriend's like he is mine. He really is a part of the family... no matter what is going on, if he is around you can't help but smile a little wider. I dread the day he passes.

That's a total bummer.
Remember the good times you had together! Smiles help you heal.
The average dog lives about 10 years, sounds like Blair had a good run at it.

Don't forget, there are many less fortunate dogs out there for adoption, maybe you can give one of them a home and start a new chapter with another best friend.

I feel and am sry for your loss, i lost my buddy a couple weeks ago.

Heartbreaking. What a handsome boy. So happy looking.

We're lucky to have them in our lives. Can't imagine a life without em.

Extra hugs given. So sorry

Mine went a few years back after having him for 14 years. I am so sorry for your loss

Rip. Sorry for your loss. Just gave a huge hug to my Skipper.

Sorry for your loss. Our time with our "kids" is so short.

I dread the day my dog leaves us. I know it really sucks but this is part of life.

Very sorry to hear about your puppy :'(

Sorry for the loss. I had a similar issue that happened to my cat. He had a congenital heart defect. He was always full of life, loved his food and was a great little friend. One day I came home he was laying on the carpet like he normally would but as I went to pet him he was rigid and his eyes were, as you say, glazed over. I cried like a baby for days after losing him. Losing a pet is no different then losing a family member, it is one of the hardest things in life to go through. I feel for you.

Last edited:
Wow man sorry to hear. He looks like a really bright, fun dog... I see a lot of my dog in his expression (8yr old choc lab).

Sorry to hear!

"Blair bounded off down the hill all happy and full of puppy energy as usual... then he dropped dead."

Whether it was instant or he spent the last few moments of his life in your arms..... It sounds like a pretty ideal way to go!!! Just be happy for the time you had with him and know that he had a good life and enjoyed every moment with you... right up to the end. I know there's nothing anyone can say to make it easier for you...

Sorry about this! People who dont have dogs never fully understand what they mean to us. Everyday I give my boxer hugs and kisses and remind him how much I love him, may sound crazy but they know. He greets me everyday even when the kids some days are too busy, they are truly a member of the family and this is just as heartbreaking as losing your own child.

My heart goes to you , and like everyone says, remember the good times and how happy he made you, thats how he would want you to be without him...happy!

Very sorry to hear Stormcat. It's amazing how fast and how hard we get attached to our dogs. I'm sure he knew how much you cared for him. Remember he lived his last day running like a pup, not in agony like you see some pets in their final stretch. RIP little friend.

Back
Top Bottom