How long can you last... | GTAMotorcycle.com

How long can you last...

SeaBreez

...Without your cell phone? Ok, so panic hit me when I realized I left my cell phone at home today. I had no internet - or text - no way to communicate. Wow I realized I was addicted. Those phone companies have us by the you know whats. Once i realized i'd survive, it dawned on me...it's not so bad not to be teathered to the rest of the world. I said to myself - I can last a full day with out it. Heck I might even shut it off for a couple of days. WRONG! The minute i got home I checked my phone for messages. What the heck is wrong with me? I know I'm not alone in this addiction. So the question I ask is - how long can you do "with out" and how can do you survive turning it off for more than 4 hours. I don't think I can go cold turkey for a full day... Suggestions welcomed.

Thats not good dude, lol i mean i play xbox alot and txt alot but when i was doing renovations at home which happened to be the same time i lost my phone i was phoneless/internetless for a good week. Yes the first 2 days i didnt know what to do with my self but after that i just read stuff or starting cooking crazy **** .

I go weeks without using it for more than a clock. I decided that I don't need to be connected to ****ing facebook every minute of the day, or need to see which of my friends txt'd "LOL" to someone else saying "OMFG". It's sad to be with on a group ride, and every sheep whips out the cell phone as soon as they stop. It can wait.

I go weeks without using it for more than a clock. I decided that I don't need to be connected to ****ing facebook every minute of the day, or need to see which of my friends txt'd "LOL" to someone else saying "OMFG". It's sad to be with on a group ride, and every sheep whips out the cell phone as soon as they stop. It can wait.

Wow! You mean they made out of the Tim's parking lot or was the group ride to Tim's.

At times I'll go weeks or months without it. Have a few days a month on average that I get no reception... And those days suck because I'm usually out and bored doing nothing on those days.

I typically go a weekend (friday after work to monday morning before work) without needing or checking my phone. I only have it on me because I'm on call 24/7. My weekend life is way better than my week day life.

I don't have internet on my phone but I still feel naked if I don't have it with me

I have my phone on me almost all the time, mainly because I use it as a PDA, but I make a point of leaving it at home if I go out anywhere. Being at the bar is no fun if everyone is buried in their phones.

This comes to mind:
[video=youtube;xUDwalJZWzE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUDwalJZWzE[/video]

Whats so hard to lay ur fone down? Did any of u grew up where there
Was no cell? It pisses me off when i cant talk to someone without them checking their fone

Sent from my phone using my paws

You guys need to go camping way up north :p

The first day is like detoxing, after that it's just great fun and no interruptions. Sattelite phone is for medical emergencies only!!! Or bear sightings.

I'm taking the bike to Port Dover for breakfast tomorrow morning. I'm trying to figure out how to leave the cell phone home. Camping seems like the best option but I would feel lost with out it. I might just forget the charger at home and endure the withdrawl.

Forget that. You dinosaurs can go phone less but it's part of our society/generation. I mean I can last without my phone but why would I want to?

I remember riding to Tobermory and a friends bike broke down. All out phones were drained and we had to walk to a pay phone. Forget that. The year is 2012. Get with the times

Forget that. You dinosaurs can go phone less but it's part of our society/generation. I mean I can last without my phone but why would I want to?

I remember riding to Tobermory and a friends bike broke down. All out phones were drained and we had to walk to a pay phone. Forget that. The year is 2012. Get with the times

I'm 20...there's a difference between having your phone and being a phone zombie.

It's easy. Just leave it at home and forget about it.
What would happen if u have a flat or out of gas?

This generation do not interact face to face. Have NO social skills because everything is a text msg or a Facebook.

Have no clue how to start a conversion

Sent from my tablet using my paws

This generation do not interact face to face. Have NO social skills because everything is a text msg or a Facebook.

I would much rather interact face to face. Hell, I've ******* a few times about how ****ing stupid it is for a place to only allow online applications for a job. I'd much rather bring in an application+resume myself, in person, and drop it off than just fill out a form online.

Back
Top Bottom