How important is continuous insurance in Ontario? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How important is continuous insurance in Ontario?

Most guys I know with super sports are well experienced riders (>10 years continuous experience), 40 or over, with clean records and even with everything bundled are paying $750-$1200/year.

I’d be curious to call (purely for ***** and giggles) and see what my quote might be.
Probably be more ***** than giggles.

lol wow, yeah I don't feel too great about waiting another decade just to ride a bike I like a few times a week, that too just for a few months of the year. At this rate by the time I'm 40 the new line will be 50.

lol wow, yeah I don't feel too great about waiting another decade just to ride a bike I like a few times a week, that too just for a few months of the year. At this rate by the time I'm 40 the new line will be 50.
Plenty of other (better) street bikes, with just less plastic.

Probably be more ***** than giggles.

It’s all fun and games until someone giggles and *****.

Just buy a smaller bike. I know it’s not what you want but it’s what’ll get you on 2 wheels.

Yeah unfortunately I just hate the way the other bikes look compared to the supersports. I know that's not the greatest mentality to have but I'm really into the design aspect of my vehicles. I own a few sports cars as well so I'm pretty picky about the way a vehicle looks. I was looking at the "streetfighter" type of bike, I think I could consider something like that in the mean time. Would that help my case at all?

Yeah unfortunately I just hate the way the other bikes look compared to the supersports. I know that's not the greatest mentality to have but I'm really into the design aspect of my vehicles. I own a few sports cars as well so I'm pretty picky about the way a vehicle looks. I was looking at the "streetfighter" type of bike, I think I could consider something like that in the mean time. Would that help my case at all?
Normally the nakeds are much cheaper than the fully faired siblings. That can change with time as more people crash the nakeds. RR bikes seem to be a good self-selection tool that attracts a lot of squids and knobs. For instance Tuono insurance is normally a lot less than RSV insurance even though they are both plenty fast.

Normally the nakeds are much cheaper than the fully faired siblings. That can change with time as more people crash the nakeds. RR bikes seem to be a good self-selection tool that attracts a lot of squids and knobs. For instance Tuono insurance is normally a lot less than RSV insurance even though they are both plenty fast.
Yeah thats understandable. Maybe I'll try to see if I can find a few naked bikes that I like. Off the bat I love the Ducati Streetfighter but its pretty high displacement.

Any suggestions?
I'd set my sights a little lower, unless you don't like money (insurance payments).

CBR650R
MT07
GSXS 750
Duke 890
Monster 821
Z650
Tuono 660
RS660

off the top of my head.

These are all middle weight bikes, you'll get more juice then an intro level bike, but you're gonna pay for it.

well the Aprilia is absolutely beautiful but this has to be classified as a supersport isn't it?
shouldn't be, but they make a naked version.

The 'streetfighter' segment is now just another name for Naked, and a Ducati model. Where as it used to be the name for a crashed ss.

No idea what you value more. Performance, street ability, looks. New models that you might be able to get insured on at a reasonable rate that lie on the upper end of 'beginner' and are either sport, sport touring or naked. Honda CBR650R/CB650R, Kawasaki Ninja 650/z650, Suzuki SV650, Suzuki GSX-S750, Yamaha MT-07, Ducati Monster, KTM 890 Duke, Triumph Street Triple, Triumph Trident. Dunno, maybe missed a bunch. Lots of options. All of them will outrun any production car under $80,000.

shouldn't be, but they make a naked version.
It's maxim naked not hustler naked. Basically just showing a little hint of the fun bits.

ap6175100ycm01-01-s.png

2000000001.jpg

Yeah I think the RS660 might be my favorite out of that list. Tough to believe it doesn't get thrown into the same category as the other sport bikes though.

Back
Top Bottom