How do you tell a close friend he's a slob? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do you tell a close friend he's a slob?

ep1x

Banned
I have a friend who I've known since I was 6 or 8, who can use some constructive criticism with his habits/appearance. He's always bitching how he wants to be successful, make a lot of coin, get good looking women, move out of his parents house (list goes on). Back when he was going through his teen years, he played team b-ball, got good looking women, and was making money. There went a period where we didn't talk for a couple of years, and we reconnected when I moved to Montreal. He was living in some downtown Montreal bachelor which was bloody filthy; now, he's fat, sweats when he walks, chews with his mouth open, slouches (slight hunch back look), dresses like a bum, and hangs out with losers who do drugs and goes to hippy psy-trance parties. There is a saying that goes around, "you become the people you hang around with"; some of his vocabulary consists of hippy-weed smoking sayings, and there are times I can't bear to hear him speak, but he's my boy, so I just deal with it.

He graduated with a business degree from University (transferred to UofT), and can't get a job. I know why he can't get a job, but I don't think he knows why he can't get a job. The man has been to 6-7 interviews within the last 1-2 months, and can't get diddly squat. I've tried hinting things to him in the past, but haven't tried since. If he changed up his appearance, and (no homo), took a little initiative in his look, and put effort to change his filthy habits and circle of friends, he would definitely be making 40-50K salary around now.

How do you tell a slob who's one of your close friends this? .. without (no homo), hurting his 'feelings'.

You have to be good looking to make 40k nowadays? LOL damn

You have to be good looking to make 40k nowadays? LOL damn

That's not what I meant. I mean't his 'blue print' is with a business degree, and wants to work for established places, but he doesn't look the part. He looks like he'd be a plumber (sorry if I offended any plumbers on here, but when a plumber comes to my sisters house and has his fat *** crack shown to be seen by all, I'm going to think of a plumber comparison to my bud)

If he's your close friend, you tell him straight the **** up!

It seems to me you parted out of his life and he missed you.
He then took drugs to heal the pain. But it got worse.

Is this one of those boston pizza threads, cheating threads, and dating thread?

*Looking like a plumber? Man if I was a plumber... You know how much $$ you get and get to spend time with housewives?

If he's your close friend, you tell him straight the **** up!

It seems to me you parted out of his life and he missed you.
He then took drugs to heal the pain. But it got worse.

Is this one of those boston pizza threads, cheating threads, and dating thread?

*Looking like a plumber? Man if I was a plumber... You know how much $$ you get and get to spend time with housewives?

lol

I would invite an attractive lady friend over for a mini intervention. Begin the intervention by asking your attractive lady friend questions like:
"Do you like fat guys?"
"Do you like unemployed fat guys?"
"Do you like unemployed dirty fat guys who don't wash the skid marks from their shorts?"
"Do you like unemployed dirty fat guys who don't wash the skid marks from their shorts who live with there parents?"

If she's in a bikini, that drives home the point even more.

You're Welcome.

If he's really a close friend, you should be able to level with him and tell him whats up... Sometimes its best to offer some positive suggestions/ideas and let people just run their own race in the end. If he doesn't really take it on board, thats up to him. His ultimate happiness is probably very different that yours so unless he's explicitly said so, don't assume he wants the same things in life as you do.

"you become the people you hang around with" - I have never heard this saying but I think its complete B.S.

And no need to be so homophobic in having to say "(no homo)" all the time..

Just man up and speak you mind! Or.... don't say anything and when you go out with him you'll look like an amazing catch compared to him! lol

Just man up and speak you mind! Or.... don't say anything and when you go out with him you'll look like an amazing catch compared to him! lol

AHA! I KNEW you girls hung out with a group of ugly chicks to make yourselves look even better!!!

Honestly dude, sack up and tell him how it is. That's called being a man. He's not a baby, don't baby him.
The next time he says "I can't get a smokin hot girl..." tell him to look in the mirror and ask him why he thinks that.
When he says he can't get a job, ask him how he is showing he has the initiative that he deserves the job.

You don't need to be rude or mean about it, but you need to be straight up and real world about it. We do it at work all the time to each other. Nobody cries, sure their pride gets hurt a bit, but they know it's because we want them to improve or that they are messing up. And at the end of the day we're still buddies.

If you two hang out, start asking him to go to the gym with you, or for a pick up game of whatever you like to play, then he will start to at least get a bit active. Maybe that positivity will get him going again and working towards himself.

Not everybody is ready to hear the truth (or what you think the truth is).
A lot of relationships are destroyed due to hurt feelings and misunderstandings when people feel the need to share their advice or try and fix someone.
Be prepared to lose a 'friend' if you give him the hard truth.
If your commitment is to his success is more important that you being friends then tell him what you think.

Get him to checkout this website: http://www.mdisuccess.com/

Ya I get most of all the responses.

He's one of those unconfident ones who lack in all areas of development.

I do just want to tell him "YOU'RE A ****ING SLOB AND U NEED TO SORT YOUR **** OUT"

I even mentioned to watch the movie Wall Street to get an idea of the demeanor the characters portray. I've told him enough hims that chewing his mouth open is ****ing disgusting, especially when i can see his food rolling around up in thurr.

You can't help those who don't want to be helped.

And I've even called him a fat piece of **** a few times**, but i think he thought it was a joke ??

Not everybody is ready to hear the truth (or what you think the truth is).
A lot of relationships are destroyed due to hurt feelings and misunderstandings when people feel the need to share their advice or try and fix someone.
Be prepared to lose a 'friend' if you give him the hard truth.
If your commitment is to his success is more important that you being friends then tell him what you think.

Get him to checkout this website: http://www.mdisuccess.com/

Well put. Personality changes for the worse can happen in an instant but changes for the better usually take a long time to effect. It's easy to get the change started but if one chooses to be someones guardian angel they can't do it short term, part time. Or you can end up with a dependency issue.

lmao... if someone looks good they dont need the help! :rolleyes: It just sometimes works out that way!

Maybe you can answer this for me, because I always scratch my head and think of theories and hypothesis' whenever I see it.

A group of 5-10+ skinny women, tall, brunette/blondes with c36 boobs hanging together, and the 1 behemoth of a woman tags along. Why!?

lmao... if someone looks good they dont need the help! :rolleyes: It just sometimes works out that way!
Are you the ugly one in the group?

Back
Top Bottom