How do you deal with stupid drivers? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do you deal with stupid drivers?

Somebody makes a flight simulator for motorcycles! :ROFLMAO: How many MRI machines could you buy for one of those?
Will never happen in my life time.

I think a brain-computer interface is more likely in our life times lol

It's more cost efficient to develop and has many uses.

A motorcycle turns by a completely different dynamic when it goes from low speed turning to high speed turning, you can't simulate that operation cheaply and MTO barely has the budget to afford decent vision test equipment. The simulator you guys are talking about will never happen in my life time, even if the technology is possible it would never be affordable to implement across the provence and the cost of taking your M license would become astronomical.

A motorcycle turns by a completely different dynamic when it goes from low speed turning to high speed turning, you can't simulate that operation cheaply and MTO barely has the budget to afford decent vision test equipment. The simulator you guys are talking about will never happen in my life time, even if the technology is possible it would never be affordable to implement across the provence and the cost of taking your M license would become astronomical.
I specifically do not want a full motion simulator. That would be far far too expensive on every level (maintenance, space, operating costs, development costs, etc). The simulator is designed to practically test your knowledge of rules of the road and how you react in various situations. On road testing would remain to test your ability to have a modicum of control over your killing machine.

Flight simulators work because you need to be able to fly an airplane almost totally by instruments.
You can not ride a motorcycle by instruments :/ you will crash.

The motorcycle rider test simulator is a pipe dream.

It would work if we went with a neuro interface route but this is half theoretical and half sci fi; the idea is to "jack in" (akin to The Matrix) and simulate situations using the testee's brain. VR is a very primitive form of this. I've actually involuntarily clenched my ass cheeks the first time few times I went through Cadwell Park, and Laguna Seca (Mazda Speedway)'s corkscrew in VR because my brain didn't accept that the huge elevation drop was not real.

Sadly brians test will still probably result in a 50%+ failure rate. I know where you are headed, but having driving tests with a 95%+ failure rate would never fly politically (and would be hugely expensive as we would need to increase drivetest employees by at least one order of magnitude, possible two).

I agree with you. I don't think my plan is realistic; it's far more realistic to expect governments to work together and get human drivers off the road, replaced with level 5 automation. Removing the human element altogether is likely more cost effective and reliable. But then we open a whole new set of moral and ethical dilemmas along with commercial drivers ******** on themselves due to job loss.

Way better idea: Replace tarmac roads with tracks.

I don't know how we are supposed to expect people to drive properly when we don't even teach our kids how to cross the street safely.

cp24 posted a video of an 11 year old getting hit in front of a school this morning (in Brampton of course). They got out of a car on the far side of the road, then walked across in front of the car and crossed without looking. It is hard to see people when they pop out from behind an obstacle. Obviously the driver should have anticipated this situation with a car stopped in a school zone so they suck too.

Hopefully the parent has learned a lesson and will now get the kid to both look before crossing the street and to go behind the car (or horror of horrors cross at a marked crossing).

Clip starts at 0:54

I don't know how we are supposed to expect people to drive properly when we don't even teach our kids how to cross the street safely.

Honestly this is why I love motorcycles so much. This is one of the most unforgiving, zero ******** activities one can get into.

My father, for example, told me about how he loved riding, but stopped because he could never stop safely. One day he came with me to the track and asked how we were all slowing down so competently....it was then, 20 years later, he found out the front brake is the primary brake and not the rear brake. He then admitted motorcycles weren't dangerous, he's just retarded for not looking into the cause of his crashes.

You want people to learn? Let them **** up. I'm sure all of us who are still riding have a fair share of "oh ****" stories where we had to learn something and adapt, or we'd be dead by now.

...I feel like this is boomer logic, and I'm not old enough to be a boomer lol

Honestly this is why I love motorcycles so much. This is one of the most unforgiving, zero ******** activities one can get into.

My father, for example, told me about how he loved riding, but stopped because he could never stop safely. One day he came with me to the track and asked how we were all slowing down so competently....it was then, 20 years later, he found out the front brake is the primary brake and not the rear brake. He then admitted motorcycles weren't dangerous, he's just retarded for not looking into the cause of his crashes.

You want people to learn? Let them **** up. I'm sure all of us who are still riding have a fair share of "oh ****" stories where we had to learn something and adapt, or we'd be dead by now.

...I feel like this is boomer logic, and I'm not old enough to be a boomer lol

You dont learn until you burn. - Big poppa

Boomer logic says see the speed the Hummer in that video was doing! That is why the driver should have made the effort to drive into the school parking lot or drop off zone to deliver passengers. Whole bunch of stupid happening there.

While I believe in making mistakes and learning from them, learn from other's mistakes whenever possible.

Let kids fall and bump their heads? Sure.
Ten years later, let them fall off a motorcycle, crash on a race track? Sure.
Let them crash on the highway? No.
Some mistakes have catastrophic consequences and you're not around to learn from them.

While I believe in making mistakes and learning from them, learn from other's mistakes whenever possible.

Let kids fall and bump their heads? Sure.
Ten years later, let them fall off a motorcycle, crash on a race track? Sure.
Let them crash on the highway? No.
Some mistakes have catastrophic consequences and you're not around to learn from them.

Smart people learn from other peoples mistakes.

Smart people learn from other peoples mistakes.
All schools should have an assembly and show that video. Follow it up with video recorded in front of their school that morning showing the same behaviour. Thankfully not many kids get hit, but that drop off stupidity should only require a few minutes to capture at almost every school (and many schools now make the far side of the street no stopping to try to prevent this exact crash).

EDIT:
I would bet a decent amount that there would be outrage from the same wanker parents doing this behavior that the school exposed their delicate flowers to an inappropriate video and would call for the principals heads. Very little learning would occur. Is it just my experience or are way too many parents basing their parenting model on Helen Lovejoy?

Last edited:
I usually honk at bad drivers, I want to them to know that what they did was not safe, if you don't say "honk" something they will continue on with the bad driving.
It's a little different on the bike for me. I do honk or give the thumb down but quickly focus back to riding and prepare for the next bad driver!

Back
Top Bottom