How do you deal with stupid drivers? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do you deal with stupid drivers?

I like the 18 wheeler that was following the stone slinger, looked like he was aiming to get a piece of that action :LOL:

yeah that'll most definitely buff out, maybe a 3 stage wax and ceramic pro and that civic is good to go ????

Video interview out with driver of the civic. Surprise, surprise, he blames it entirely on the truck (he said the truck changed lanes into him and spun him around). He says he was honking after he spun in front of the truck. It will be very interesting to see the first part of the crash video showing what actually happened. At the very least, it seems like the truck driver should be up *&(^ creek for their reaction after the crash and either lying to police about not knowing about the crash or they are deaf and blind and have no sense of motion and shouldn't have a license at all.

I'm immensely better at handling bad drivers than I used to be. I think the first step is realizing that at times we are all bad drivers. Everyone makes a mistake sometimes.
Second step would be realizing that there is no percentage in it for you to escalate any situation up a notch.

I will shake my head in wonder. I will smile & wave back at someone flipping me off as if I think they were waving at me 'cos we know each other. I will try to separate myself from the other driver by slowing down, even pulling over. Conversely by speeding up, changing lanes, etc..

I don't bother with blowing the horn. Better to use that time to consider a manoeuvre to avoid grief. The guys with go pros on youtube really kill me. What the fugg do you think you'll gain by revving yer bike to the limiter at some moron in a 4 wheeler. I wouldn't be scared by that, would you ??.
Then there's the guys that bang on the car window & yell "I've got ya on camera ! ". I assume that those that perform most of the everyday traffic atrocities couldn't give a shite about that either !!.

I think that new drivers should have to take their test in, & drive a vehicle with a manual transmission for the first two years. That way most of 'em would never get a licence in the first place. If they did it would give them a better understanding of motor vehicle operating dynamics. Plus it would make it harder to text, watch movies, change the CD, do make up, drink coffee, eat breakfast, & all the rest of what has become acceptable by many as appropriate activities whilst driving.

The biggest problem I see is that not long ago in certain societies the ability to operate a motor vehicle with skill & finesse was a source of pride. That attitude has been replaced with the same sense of "me first" & self entitlement that permeates all levels & types of activities these days.

many schools now make the far side of the street no stopping to try to prevent this exact crash).

Still doesn't stop idiot parents from doing it. High schooler walked out in front of me earlier this winter...didn't look. Honked at him. Parent got upset he was honked at. Lol

I usually honk at bad drivers, I want to them to know that what they did was not safe, if you don't say "honk" something they will continue on with the bad driving.
It's a little different on the bike for me. I do honk or give the thumb down but quickly focus back to riding and prepare for the next bad driver!
I do the same thing, usually for things like left lane hoggers when I pass them in the middle lane. On the bike I do the same thing but some times I put out the WTF hand signal.
The other "fun" thing I like to do is for red light racers, you know those people who are going so fast on city roads only to be racing to the next red light. If I get behind them waiting at the intersetion I slam on the horn as soon as it turns green. I dunno it amuses me.

The other "fun" thing I like to do is for red light racers, you know those people who are going so fast on city roads only to be racing to the next red light. If I get behind them waiting at the intersetion I slam on the horn as soon as it turns green. I dunno it amuses me.

lol, that's funny...I usually pull up beside them at the red, applaud and give them a thumbs up. But I'm going to try that next time.

I've lost count of the number of seniors going the wrong way around a roundabout here in Waterloo region. We have a lot of them out here in Mennoniteville.

Hey... I am one of those seniors in Waterloo Region. I do have the occasional "senior moment", but never the wrong way on a roundabout. Well... not that I can remember ??. And I'd have an excuse... I'm British.

I do have to agree a bit though. Out here all the old farmers do seem to think it's ok to drive slowly down the highway watching "the crops rotate". They get so excited on the main drag of New Hamburg that they coast through town with no foot on the gas, just taking in the spectacle of it all (Home Hardware, The Old Country Restaurant, whooo!!) . On side roads Bob & Bertha will stop the pickup when they see Hans & Greta coming the other way so they can catch up on recent news about family, & livestock purchases, etc.. No thought for waiting traffic.

Anyway... if you ever see a Speed Triple or Suz. 1250 coming at you in the wrong direction on a roundabout gimme a wave !!. I'll wave back, albeit with one finger !.

Don't be dissing our Mennonite brethren either, or there will be no "Shoo Fly Pie" for you Bub !.

Last edited:
Lots of respect for the Mennonites.I have dealt with them before i retired and will always deal with Sittlers Bakery.

Lots of respect for the Mennonites.I have dealt with them before i retired and will always deal with Sittlers Bakery.

Their bakeries are fantastic... and for any leather repairs (had my 1 piece suit repaired several times, zipper replaced on a regular street jacket) their horse harness guys are amazing. Sure, it's not super pretty, but the work is quality and definitely heavy duty. I've had quotes done by several leather shops (including people on GTAM who do similar work) and the mennonites usually come in at 50% or less cost.

Have a shop about 1 km outside of St. Jacobs for leather repairs and a different one about 1 km outside Conestogo for the zippers.

The lowlifes that did that should be sentenced to work on a chicken farm for a month.

Should this go in bad drivers of ontario or here? It's quite obvious how the gravel truck driver thought you should deal with an idiot in a civic. Just scrape them off on the wall like poo on the side of your shoe.

Truck driver (50 yo from whitby) charged with careless. Quite shocking that you can intentionally scrape a car off on a wall after doing an unsignalled double lane change caught on video and still not catch a dangerous charge. What are the odds this gets plead down to failure to yield, $75 fine? I think pretty high.

Truck driver (50 yo from whitby) charged with careless. Quite shocking that you can intentionally scrape a car off on a wall after doing an unsignalled double lane change caught on video and still not catch a dangerous charge. What are the odds this gets plead down to failure to yield, $75 fine? I think pretty high.

Depends on how good a lawyer he gets. Some are very costly, and with the video being public they'll be unwilling to drop it.

I'm wondering what would be the safest thing to do... Perhaps slowing and moving to the shoulder was the best idea.
With traffic behind the salt truck, coming to a stop might be dangerous.
The driver also can't see directly down in front, and wouldn't know how far the car is sticking out... So maybe they were surprised by how soon the car contacted the wall when they heard it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I'm wondering what would be the safest thing to do... Perhaps slowing and moving to the shoulder was the best idea.
With traffic behind the salt truck, coming to a stop might be dangerous.
The driver also can't see directly down in front, and wouldn't know how far the car is sticking out... So maybe they were surprised by how soon the car contacted the wall when they heard it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
The truck driver is still sticking with the story that he didn't know he had hit anything and stopped up the road when other motorists flagged him down. If he truly didn't know he has the civic on the bumper (god know how with all the tire screeching and bumping over parts), his driving is still atrocious with the truck wandering back and forth across multiple lanes without signalling.

I live my life and earn my living on the road.
Just assume the drivers around you will make that stupid move you expect and be ready for them when they do. Be shocked when they drive safely.
It's worked for me and it's taken the surprise out of people's driving habits.

Back
Top Bottom