How do you deal with stupid drivers? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do you deal with stupid drivers?

1. I legit cant tell if this is a serious post or not :ROFLMAO:
2. I'd be willing to bet my paycheck most people from those countries can out ride you with 1 arm tied behind their back.(guess which country has the greatest number of riders on planet earth?)

its not nearly as bad as you say it is.
If it bothers you so much just stay away from brampton. :ROFLMAO:

Problem solved

I'd also be willing to bet a lot of crowded places are like that(Ever driven in NYC?)

Also are you even riding at the present moment? Did you get wife's permission yet?

no need to get your politically correct panties in a knot bro. lol

and I would straig
1. I legit cant tell if this is a serious post or not :ROFLMAO:
2. I'd be willing to bet my paycheck most people from those countries can out ride you with 1 arm tied behind their back.(guess which country has the greatest number of riders on planet earth?)

its not nearly as bad as you say it is.
If it bothers you so much just stay away from brampton. :ROFLMAO:

Problem solved

I'd also be willing to bet a lot of crowded places are like that(Ever driven in NYC?)

Also are you even riding at the present moment? Did you get wife's permission yet?

easy big fella, no need to get your politically correct panties in a knot. I just calls it as I sees it!

if you feel comfortable that what counts, I'm just not comfortable trusting new drivers from 3rd world countries. not here to start a political debate.

Europe, japan, and america produces some of THE very best racing car, motorcycle riders on the planet my money is going with the benchmark.

no need to get your politically correct panties in a knot bro. lol

and I would straig

easy big fella, no need to get your politically correct panties in a knot. I just calls it as I sees it!

if you feel comfortable that what counts, I'm just not comfortable trusting new drivers from 3rd world countries. not here to start a political debate.

Europe, japan, and america produces some of THE very best racing car, motorcycle riders on the planet my money is going with the benchmark.

If your not comfortable with immigrants driving, you really picked the wrong place to live :ROFLMAO:

let us know when you finally grow a pair and are riding

If your not comfortable with immigrants driving, you really picked the wrong place to live :ROFLMAO:

let us know when you finally grow a pair and are riding

I'm stating that PRESENTLY a lot of these new immigrants make up the driving public. a good percentage if you will. have you seen how they operate a car? same with teenage girls and boys they're scary nowadays add to that a cellphone, and you've got zero concentration.

Oh my, this thread is backing out it needs a little bit of lock tight.

Group hug!

I don't think driver education is the big issue -- I think it's enforcement. driver testing is too simple, Cops focus on speed traps more than anything, and sure speed is a factor in many accidents, I think more accidents are caused by careless and distracted drivers.

I also think it's too easy to get and keep a drivers licence.

If I was King, I'd do a couple of things:
1) Any driver that gets convicted in any at fault accident, or accumulates >6 demerit points in the first 5 M years OR 2 times in a 5 year window goes back to M2 conditions.
2) Distracted driver penalties get aligned with Impaired driving penalties.
3) Clairfy lane usage rules and step up enforcement.

Pretty much agree but the cops are directed by the politicians to fill the coffers and radar is an ATM.

Distracted driving is more than texting and talking. A very complex subject.

I got my DL over 50 years ago and have never been retested other than for my M. I don't get notices of law changes ie cross walk wait times.

Surveys indicate that most drivers think they're above average. Most aren't. As George Carlin put it : "You think about how dumb the average person is and then you realize half of the people out there are dumber than that."

We need ticket blitzes on things other than speeding.

January is a clean windshield month.
February is parking discipline month
March is headlight discipline month
April is licence plate clean month
May is turn signal month
June is lane discipline month
July is left lane bandit month
Feel free to comment on August through December

Pretty much agree but the cops are directed by the politicians to fill the coffers and radar is an ATM.

Distracted driving is more than texting and talking. A very complex subject.

I got my DL over 50 years ago and have never been retested other than for my M. I don't get notices of law changes ie cross walk wait times.

Surveys indicate that most drivers think they're above average. Most aren't. As George Carlin put it : "You think about how dumb the average person is and then you realize half of the people out there are dumber than that."

We need ticket blitzes on things other than speeding.

January is a clean windshield month.
February is parking discipline month
March is headlight discipline month
April is licence plate clean month
May is turn signal month
June is lane discipline month
July is left lane bandit month
Feel free to comment on August through December

I'll have to drive the wifes car for april. My plates have over 1,000,000 km on them and are in very rough shape.

I have a road test that would fail the vast majority but only ensure decent drivers or ones that take self improvement seriously would pass. It's also very cheap to implement and would be kinda fun:

Using DIRT RALLY (1 or 2.0), Project Cars, or Assetta Corsa, strap the driver in using a VR headset (hydraulics are optional because they cost a **** ton of money). The driver must place within the top 5 in DIRT RALLY of a single race or complete a CLEAN LAP of any track that isn't a NASCAR type track on Project Cars/Assetta Corsa within "insert a generous but acceptable time for car + track."

I guarantee a lot of ppl here would fail, especially DIRT RALLY.

EDIT: I take back the NASCAR comment. If they choose a NASCAR track, they're forced to use a NASCAR car and the lap time will be unforgiving. This way NASCAR fans won't be ****** off; gotta be inclusive!

Last edited:
I have a road test that would fail the vast majority but only ensure decent drivers or ones that take self improvement seriously would pass. It's also very cheap to implement and would be kinda fun:

Using DIRT RALLY (1 or 2.0), Project Cars, or Assetta Corsa, strap the driver in using a VR headset (hydraulics are optional because they cost a **** ton of money). The driver must place within the top 5 in DIRT RALLY of a single race or complete a CLEAN LAP of any track that isn't a NASCAR type track on Project Cars/Assetta Corsa within "insert a generous but acceptable time for car + track."

I guarantee a lot of ppl here would fail, especially DIRT RALLY.
I have long been an advocate for simulator testing. That way you can see how people respond in adverse situations. Testing in lindsay on a sunny summer day tells me very little about how you will deal with a zombie pedestrian on the road in the winter.

... I guarantee a lot of ppl here would fail, especially DIRT RALLY.
I don't get motion sickness, but watching car video games makes me want to hurl ?

I don't get motion sickness, but watching car video games makes me want to hurl ?
I'm ok with <30 second scenarios. I would think most people could get through that length without difficulty (especially if it is on a screen, not a VR headset). Just general stuff like exiting the highway with a yappy passenger (turn right now, f you passenger), person walking in front of the car, four way stop with multiple simultaneous arrivals (not all the bot cars exactly follow the laws), two lane slippery highway (do they go 100+ and crash in the corner or go 20 and cause a pileup behind) etc. Hell, do one where you are backing out of a driveway onto lawrence and you win if you don't kill the motorcyclist riding along obeying the law (this would probably require either a headset or a 270 degree+ screen).

VR headsets shouldn't cause that issue because as you move your head, the image moves with you.

Now, if you end up playing on a low end system without enough power to output 90 frames per second, you will hurl. Hell, I hurled on my own system from this when I had a 1070 instead of a 1080 Ti.

This is why I'm an advocate of posting averages during school and hitting the track. You can easily tell where you are on a race track, in terms of skill, and it's why I'm convinced most are too afraid to actually go. School was also really fun because my goal wasn't to beat the average, the average was too low, I wanted to beat the average among my peers so I asked them their grades, every test.

I've been in the adult world for 5 years now...and the thing I realized is how much of a pussy everyone is. People are too afraid to share salary, or performance reviews because they're both afraid of being judged, and not good enough. Why be a pussy? Why not realize you suck and tackle the problem head on?

People are too afraid to share salary, or performance reviews because they're both afraid of being judged, and not good enough. Why be a pussy? Why not realize you suck and tackle the problem head on?
Many (probably most) bosses hate it when you start sharing that stuff. That exposes their BS that every employee is paid well above the average in the company and the company pays much better than the competitors. When you expose their BS with hard numbers, they lose their *^%$. "Knowledge is Power" is no joke.

To be fair, new drivers (or old) can be quite predictable with their bad habits. 17 year old Ken from Upper Bushwood at the wheel of mom's 5.0l Mustang is a totally different story.

Sim testing need only consider much simpler scenarios.

Place driver in left lane of multi lane road with open lane to right.
Within 30 seconds Signal right - shoulder check right - lane change - Pass. Driver does nothing (remains left lane hogging) - Fail.
Repeat that except now place another vehicle in the right lane behind them about to overtake. Delay until that vehicle passes then repeat above - Pass. Collision - Fail. Left lane hogging? Fail.
Repeat that except now place another vehicle in the lane to the right of them up ahead going slower and with its left signal on (and the right lane about to end). Driver slows down and allows the other vehicle to safely merge? Pass. Driver does anything to prevent the other vehicle from merging? Fail.

Have driver navigate a few simple intersection turns and lane changes using a simulated navigation system. Signals and shoulder checks without exception? Pass. Neglect, even once? Fail.

Have driver make a right turn on red or stop sign at a multi-lane intersection with a large box truck completely blocking their view of oncoming traffic from their left. Arrange for simulated vehicles to be coming at them from that blind spot. Sit there and do nothing waiting for the truck to clear their view (and yes, that's the right thing to do - if you don't know what's coming, don't go)? Pass. Crash? Fail.

Now have *them* be one of those vehicles coming at that box truck from the left, and have another simulated vehicle do that blind right turn at precisely the wrong time. Do they slow down, recognising that there is a potential hazard created by that box truck? Pass. Crash? Fail.

And so forth ...

Let’s introduce roundabouts to southern Ontario but not offer any real driving education about them. System has been broken for many years, I don’t see any dramatic change in driving standards in the future.

I've lost count of the number of seniors going the wrong way around a roundabout here in Waterloo region. We have a lot of them out here in Mennoniteville.

Sim testing need only consider much simpler scenarios.

Place driver in left lane of multi lane road with open lane to right.
Within 30 seconds Signal right - shoulder check right - lane change - Pass. Driver does nothing (remains left lane hogging) - Fail.
Repeat that except now place another vehicle in the right lane behind them about to overtake. Delay until that vehicle passes then repeat above - Pass. Collision - Fail. Left lane hogging? Fail.
Repeat that except now place another vehicle in the lane to the right of them up ahead going slower and with its left signal on (and the right lane about to end). Driver slows down and allows the other vehicle to safely merge? Pass. Driver does anything to prevent the other vehicle from merging? Fail.

Have driver navigate a few simple intersection turns and lane changes using a simulated navigation system. Signals and shoulder checks without exception? Pass. Neglect, even once? Fail.

Have driver make a right turn on red or stop sign at a multi-lane intersection with a large box truck completely blocking their view of oncoming traffic from their left. Arrange for simulated vehicles to be coming at them from that blind spot. Sit there and do nothing waiting for the truck to clear their view (and yes, that's the right thing to do - if you don't know what's coming, don't go)? Pass. Crash? Fail.

Now have *them* be one of those vehicles coming at that box truck from the left, and have another simulated vehicle do that blind right turn at precisely the wrong time. Do they slow down, recognising that there is a potential hazard created by that box truck? Pass. Crash? Fail.

And so forth ...

....I think these are too easy. The simulation tests should be extremely challenging. My rationale is rooted by both the education system and personal experiences with subjects I'm passionate about. If you want people to truly succeed, they need to learn more than they actually need.

For every subject we're competent in, we know far more than the layman knows. You can test for all the scenarios above in a race track setting (Gran Turismo license tests come to mind, and holy **** were they harder than any real license test I've taken.) The operator will likely never, unless they develop the passion or drive, use all the skills they are forced to learn. This, however, increases their skill ceiling dramatically and makes operating on the skill floor more easy (possibly boring.) This is very similar to those who have taken (or tortured themselves lol) university level calculus; you'll likely never derive anything after, but you develop both critical and rational thinking skills along your journey through maths and sciences.

The above should greatly reduce accident rates and massively increase driver competency. I will also fully admit it's taking a sledgehammer to a tiny nail but this kind of "do it all the way or don't do it at all" mentality is part of my culture.

Somebody makes a flight simulator for motorcycles! :ROFLMAO: How many MRI machines could you buy for one of those?
Will never happen in my life time.

....I think these are too easy. The simulation tests should be extremely challenging. My rationale is rooted by both the education system and personal experiences with subjects I'm passionate about. If you want people to truly succeed, they need to learn more than they actually need.

For every subject we're competent in, we know far more than the layman knows. You can test for all the scenarios above in a race track setting (Gran Turismo license tests come to mind, and holy **** were they harder than any real license test I've taken.) The operator will likely never, unless they develop the passion or drive, use all the skills they are forced to learn. This, however, increases their skill ceiling dramatically and makes operating on the skill floor more easy (possibly boring.) This is very similar to those who have taken (or tortured themselves lol) university level calculus; you'll likely never derive anything after, but you develop both critical and rational thinking skills along your journey through maths and sciences.

The above should greatly reduce accident rates and massively increase driver competency. I will also fully admit it's taking a sledgehammer to a tiny nail but this kind of "do it all the way or don't do it at all" mentality is part of my culture.

I wonder if thats really accurate or not, people say advanced science and math improves your critical thinking/problem solving skills, but I think people just hire engineers because they know/respect the fact that you did something hard.

Sadly brians test will still probably result in a 50%+ failure rate. I know where you are headed, but having driving tests with a 95%+ failure rate would never fly politically (and would be hugely expensive as we would need to increase drivetest employees by at least one order of magnitude, possible two).

Back
Top Bottom