How about that | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How about that

The vaxx program is "probably" the correct course of action medically, but why then has it become so politically charged?
'Could it be the heavy handed approach taken by pretty much all governments..?
We went from "Horray we have a vaccine for this virus, lets get it out there" to "Get vaccinated or else we will make your life miserable" in about a week.... And lots of people are all for it.
I mean if people need to be strong armed into compliance... Doesn't that say something..?
These measures are akin to a creeping barrage... Relentless and sure to be tried again down the road with far less noble ends in mind.

As far as the Charter... 'Not worth the paper it's written on. Especially section 7

Because vaccines only work when a certain high percentage of society has them. Holdouts jeapordise and can negate all the hard work of others.

@Riceburner why would you get multiple doses of the Covid-19 vaccine but not the flu vaccine? I, like @Bobo have had omicron, and it honestly wasn't any worse than your typical flu...I had a fever, chills, cough, sore throat and stuffy nose for about 5 days...nothing major...in fact, 15 people in my family (and no, I didn't see them over the holidays so it wasn't me that infected them) have also had it in the last few weeks...they range in age from 7 to 78 and are either single dosed (the younger ones under 12 of which there are 5) to fully vaccinated (my siblings) to unvaccinated (my nephew and his girlfriend)...I'm fully vaccinated and wore double masks and shield while at work (for those of you who don't know, I'm a grade 2 teacher) and STILL got it...and yes, I know the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting Covid-19, just keeps you out of the hospital...however, I don't think I'll be getting any boosters for now and will continue following protocols when I venture out as long as they're still mandated...

Again, take a look at overall deaths and the rate is something like 1.9% of those infected...of those, the majority are elderly and/or imuno compromised...at some point (and I think it needs to be sooner rather than later) we need to get back to normal...kids are suffering tremendously from these constant school lock outs, families are suffering financially, emotionally and mentally...opioid use is up...suicide is up...spousal/child abuse is up...

I too ask the same question @Bobo asked: how many doses are you willing to take?...are you willing to get a jab 3, 4, 5x a year?...no thanks...
It is well documented that omicron is 'milder' but highly transmissible. What about the next mutation? What if it turns out to be just as transmissible but deadlier? Will you get a booster then? Are you willing to pick and choose the mutations? This is not a 'jab' (no pun intended) at teachers, but I assume you will still get paid if you are off sick with covid no matter how long you are out. Most of us wont, so we choose to protect ourselves and others from the same fate.

Key word here."think".
Your right but you have to admit that it’s one hell of a coincidence that this thing started a stones throw from one of the biggest labs in China researching and creating this very type of virus.

Your right but you have to admit that it’s one hell of a coincidence that this thing started a stones throw from one of the biggest labs in China researching and creating this very type of virus.
I'm done with you.

@Riceburner Again, take a look at overall deaths and the rate is something like 1.9% of those infected...of those, the majority are elderly and/or imuno compromised...at some point (and I think it needs to be sooner rather than later) we need to get back to normal...kids are suffering tremendously from these constant school lock outs, families are suffering financially, emotionally and mentally...opioid use is up...suicide is up...spousal/child abuse is up...
The issue has NEVER been the deaths, the issue has been the hospitals being overwhelmed. The vaccine potentially limits the worst of the symptoms, so now you don't feel inclined to go to hospital.

If someone can come up with an alternative to people going to the hospital when they feel sick, then it would accelerate a return to normal.

@hdsomeday agreed with you on the sick days...as a teacher I am very lucky to have what I do...my hubby had to be off as well, because obviously he was a close contact and had to get two negative tests (one the day I found out I was positive and another on his day 7) before he could return to work (this was before the shortened isolation/return to work timeframes) so essentially he was off from the 14th to the 24th...10 days unpaid for him...so I get it, that not everyone has the same luxury that I have...

however, as for mutations...this thing is going to mutate a million times and it's never going to go away...we can't constantly live in fear of dying from contracting it, we have to move on...the annual flu mutates as well, which is why the flu vaccine isn't 100% foolproof either...

The issue has NEVER been the deaths, the issue has been the hospitals being overwhelmed.

Just goes to show how fragile and inadequate our systems are... Not just hospitals..
'Funny how we sink BILLIONS of dollars into gleaming so called state if the art hospitals that can't handle any sort of crisis...

As long as there's nothing really taxing to deal with she runs fine... Give us something out of the ordinary and well..
OMG.... we're ###ked..!!

Hospitals all over the world are having difficulty with this, and it's the same sorts of issues, including hospital staff themselves being off sick. It isn't just Ontario. Exponential growth does that. If you had double the capacity, it buys you another three days before it still gets overwhelmed. Would you have liked paying the taxes for the ongoing expense of all those extra empty hospital beds and the staff to fill them during normal pre-pandemic times? Notably, would a Conservative government not hack and slash at the first opportunity even if that were done??

just started reading a book by Robert F. Kennedy called 'The Real Anthony Fauci'...reading about all these doctors who did studies and actually practiced treating Covid-19 using a variety of medicines currently available (antihistamines, steroids, antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, aspiring, nasal washes, bronchodilators and blood thinners) but were shut down/told to stop because Fauci pushed his vaccination protocol...haven't looked into it further yet but I plan on reading/watching up on Dr. David Brownstein and Dr. Peter McCullough...

Because vaccines only work when a certain high percentage of society has them. Holdouts jeapordise and can negate all the hard work of others.

I am not pro or anti vaxx but what is this "hard work" you speak of? Getting the jab then going to a blue jay game with all the other vaxxed peoples and spreading it around to eachother? I would say vaxxed and unvaxxed are equal when it comes to doing what the government asks of wearing masks and socially distancing. From my last couple trips into stores it seems social distancing has been forgotten about by the lack of arrows on the walmart floor and number of people that just had to grab that jar of peanut butter I was standing right in front of. Really doesn't make sense to me now a covid positive nurse can go into work but they fired unvaxxed nurses. No one speaking out that the billion dollar vaccine passport program hasn't done anything to help the spread of it... logic seems to be out the window these days.

I am not pro or anti vaxx but what is this "hard work" you speak of? Getting the jab then going to a blue jay game with all the other vaxxed peoples and spreading it around to eachother? I would say vaxxed and unvaxxed are equal when it comes to doing what the government asks of wearing masks and socially distancing. From my last couple trips into stores it seems social distancing has been forgotten about by the lack of arrows on the walmart floor and number of people that just had to grab that jar of peanut butter I was standing right in front of. Really doesn't make sense to me now a covid positive nurse can go into work but they fired unvaxxed nurses. No one speaking out that the billion dollar vaccine passport program hasn't done anything to help the spread of it... logic seems to be out the window these days.
The goal of vaccine is to keep people out of hospitals. It's working.

How can you not be for or against vaccines?

The goal of vaccine is to keep people out of hospitals. It's working.
I did not question or state facts of the effectiveness of vaccine itself. Just posing simple logical questions. You think the latest lockdown/closure is keeping the vaccinated people at my gym out of hospitals? And indoor dining is unsafe but you can pop up a tent infront of the restaraunt and that is safe? Social distance at the airport when checking your bag but cram 300 people on an airplane...Like I said logic is out the window these days.

Evoex^ I see both sides of it. Don't believe government should force it upon those who don't want it. Always have been a believer of let those who don't care make their own decisions, seatbelts, lifejackets etc. Just don't complain when you die.

Last edited:
@Wingboy to be devil's advocate here...or, people aren't going into the hospital because it's 'just a flu' :D

here's a link to Dr. McCullough's article (I haven't read it yet) (page 4 for the list of re-purposed drugs)

People with respiratory issues are; like the Flu Covid can cause acute respiratory failure. It's genetics, you may be fine and your husband or children could be admitted. People need to think bigger then themselves and we live in a society which has been heading pretty fast in the "me, me, me" direction.

I did not question or state facts of the effectiveness of vaccine itself. Just posing simple logical questions. You think the latest lockdown/closure is keeping the vaccinated people at my gym out of hospitals?

Evoex^ I see both sides of it. Don't believe government should force it upon those who don't want it. Always have been a believer of let those who don't care make their own decisions, seatbelts, lifejackets etc. Just don't complain when you die.
I don't believe the government should force people either, yet (i reserve the right to change my mind if we get a seriously F'd up mutation, etc).

I don't see a middle ground here, you can be 'pro vaccine' but that doesn't mean you`re criticizing those who make another choice or forcing your opinion on others. Likewise you can be 'anti vaccine' and just stay home and keep your mouth shut with the conspiracy crap. There's no reason choosing either makes you an 'extremist.'

The issue with your logic is when other peoples decisions effect me or you. Someone on here once said (@Brian P maybe?) "you have the right to swing your fists around in the air as much as you like, until it connects with my face." I'd say that sums up my view on these 'decisions' perfectly.

It's not that simple with this. If we hit triage levels, I doubt that vaccination status can factor into triage decisions. They look at you and guess at years of life left if they save you. Would you feel the same way if you drew the short straw in triage and got moved to the fridge instead of treatment?

The vaxx program is "probably" the correct course of action medically, but why then has it become so politically charged?
'Could it be the heavy handed approach taken by pretty much all governments..?
We went from "Horray we have a vaccine for this virus, lets get it out there" to "Get vaccinated or else we will make your life miserable" in about a week.... And lots of people are all for it.
I mean if people need to be strong armed into compliance... Doesn't that say something..?
These measures are akin to a creeping barrage... Relentless and sure to be tried again down the road with far less noble ends in mind.

As far as the Charter... 'Not worth the paper it's written on. Especially section 7
I don't think anyone even thought there were so many anti-vaxxers out there. Even around here, there were chuckles and jokes about that guy driving a 30 year old Winnebago around downtown evangelizing anti-vaxxing from his motorhome -- he was dismissed as a kook.

Whe the vaccines finally hit, most of the country did a fist pump then waited for a vaccine. If you recall, JT bungled the rollout, as time went buy the US politicized antivaxxing and some of the same sentiments started spilling over the border. I firmly believe if the Feds had managed our allocations better and rolled out faster, the anti-vax movement would not have had the time to grow.

Today 80+% are double dosed. Considering 6% of the population is too young to be vaxed, that would put the number of eligibles at closer to 90% today. That small percentage of 'unvaxed' are taking up the lions share of hospital beds which is simply making a bad situation last a lot longer. In 2021, 90% of all Covid hospitalizations and deaths in Canada were unvaccinated persons.

The unvaccinated overloaded the healthcare system and placed a heavy burden on health care workers, largely nurses. Not just Covid treatments, the whole system. As family docs moved to virtual healthcare, thousands of people were channeled to hospitals for routine things that would be handled at walk-ins and by GPs - further taxing the system.

As for strong arming... sometimes that's necessary. I don't see it as a slippery slope thing, I see it as a practical consequence (not punishment) for the few who inflicted so much pain on the plenty.

Back
Top Bottom