Hot tub anyone? | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hot tub anyone?

Ummm. It looks like he is selling the tub and hydromate separately. Is that typical? He wants $500 for a hydromate. Does a new softub for $4500 include a hydromate?
I am tempted to snag that Hydromate. That is easily worth $500 if it is the age he says it is and it is sorted.

To buy the package? Only makes sense if you can get the cover done under $1000 tax in and the Hydromate does not have any issues and everything else is there.

I am still missing the vinyl wrap that goes over the foam insulation in the junction between the tub and Hydromate. That is on order. The "little stuff" adds up.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Mimico, I got this in my inbox yesterday:

Did you contact a couple of dealers and repair shops to see what a Tub reskin would cost? If it is reasonable then perhaps you may want to consider snagging that Softub set in Hamilton.

As my wife an I were enjoying a soak this morning, one thing I noticed from having a “traditional” tub is having various seating options. As the temps change outside, you may want a seating position where your shoulders are below the water line. And other times, sit up higher. For our tub, the 4 corners have deep seats. Two of which are really deep, the other two are a couple inches higher and less inclined. And the seating in between the corners are the highest and a nice spot to cool down before slipping back down into a corner spot.

While the tub is a “7” person spa, for the two of us, it’s nice to have different seating options depending on the outside temps and time of day. Morning soak with a tea in the morning with light snowfall. Evening soak with the stars and plastic glass of whiskey or wine. Etc.

We are really enjoying it and just wanting to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As my wife an I were enjoying a soak this morning, one thing I noticed from having a “traditional” tub is having various seating options. As the temps change outside, you may want a seating position where your shoulders are below the water line. And other times, sit up higher. For our tub, the 4 corners have deep seats. Two of which are really deep, the other two are a couple inches higher and less inclined. And the seating in between the corners are the highest and a nice spot to cool down before slipping back down into a corner spot.

While the tub is a “7” person spa, for the two of us, it’s nice to have different seating options depending on the outside temps and time of day. Morning soak with a tea in the morning with light snowfall. Evening soak with the stars and plastic glass of whiskey or wine. Etc.

We are really enjoying it and just wanting to share.

I can totally see the benefit of that. Time will tell how this goes. One thing about this Softub though is that the 300 is 3" taller than the lessor models. I can easily sit and have my shoulders below the water line. So the depth is not an issue. While some areas of the tubs have different jets the variety is nothing like it would be in a typical 220 tub.

My wife floats! No way can I see us ever having a lounger; at least without a wet test.

I had to shovel off the poor cover!

Got into some Mexican Mules with the wife and enjoyed a wonderful soak together. This Softub is even better than I envisioned. No regrets. The only thing will be if we decide to upgrade in the future to have a variety of seating options and also more jets and more power. RIght now though I am one happy Zoodles!

Still loving the Softub. Went in for a good half hour last night. Now for me I do not get home until around 1 A.M. so my idea of "last night" means 2:30 or 3 A.M.

It did not know whether it wanted to rain, snow, or a weird freezing rain hybrid.

A bit overcast but was lovely looking at the snow in the trees and being all nice and warm even though it was a good -4 or so.

After a half hour it went from 104 to 103. It was not very windy so perhaps that's why the temperature held up. One nice thing about the Softub is that it uses recovered heat from the pump to heat so the pump has to run to keep the tub heater. So, as a 110 tub it can (and has to) have the pump running to get heat. No pump but no heat or heat but no pump.

No regrets here. Will let you all know how the Softub fares when the really cold stuff hits us in the next month or so. The main thing I miss is a light frankly which the new units come with.

Still loving the Softub. Went in for a good half hour last night. Now for me I do not get home until around 1 A.M. so my idea of "last night" means 2:30 or 3 A.M.

It did not know whether it wanted to rain, snow, or a weird freezing rain hybrid.

A bit overcast but was lovely looking at the snow in the trees and being all nice and warm even though it was a good -4 or so.

After a half hour it went from 104 to 103. It was not very windy so perhaps that's why the temperature held up. One nice thing about the Softub is that it uses recovered heat from the pump to heat so the pump has to run to keep the tub heater. So, as a 110 tub it can (and has to) have the pump running to get heat. No pump but no heat or heat but no pump.

No regrets here. Will let you all know how the Softub fares when the really cold stuff hits us in the next month or so. The main thing I miss is a light frankly which the new units come with.

We have a string of white Christmas lights near by and it’s perfect. We have lights in the tub and only the kids use it.

I wouldn’t sweat having no light for the tub itself.

Cheers!

20f4b8f8ce62b02b178c24742df63c82.jpg

We have a string of white Christmas lights near by and it’s perfect. We have lights in the tub and only the kids use it.

I wouldn’t sweat having no light for the tub itself.

Cheers!

20f4b8f8ce62b02b178c24742df63c82.jpg

If you have hot tub lights, almost universally they are turn off/on to change colour. 90% of the options are horrendous and we would never use. Having to flip through them all is annoying (who wants a strobing hot tub?). At various times we have used white, cyan and red. I think the tub does look better with some light in it but wouldnt be willing to pay to add it.

I wonder how long one of those floating white balls that light up would last? Toss it in the tub with you like an alien buddy and store it in the house between soaks and I think it would hold up.

Please view this ad:

Hot Tubs ,
Hot Tubs | Hot Tubs & Pools | Hamilton | Kijiji: $ 3,450

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Surprised this one is still available. A bit on the pricey side but then again you are saving the better part of $1500 versus buying new and the unit looks good and is immediately available.

If I had of not gone down the path I did I would probably have snagged this one.

Curious if they would take $2900-$3000 or are firm in that $3500 range? It is $1000 more than most sell for used but if it is about a year old then it is probably the nicest used Softub for sale pretty much anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Daily, between midnight and 2am, sans precipitation, I can be found amongst the bubbles. More steam came off the water last night than ever.

@Gary Do you have to add water periodically to your tub?

We use ours pretty frequently and noticed the water level can get low enough to affect it’s cycle. (Surging)

On a side note, the wife was promoted and works from home now. We established a bit of a habit to go for a soak after work to help switch from work to home mode. Quite effective so far this winter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We use ours pretty frequently and noticed the water level can get low enough to affect it’s cycle. (Surging)

On a side note, the wife was promoted and works from home now. We established a bit of a habit to go for a soak after work to help switch from work to home mode. Quite effective so far this winter!

I do not have to add water between water changes unless there is a leak. I have more volume though. Each time someone gets out you lose some, whenever the kid is open you lose some. We probably lose the same volume but yours is a larger percentage of the total.

Usually in the summer, maybe once in between a drain & fill. (Lid is open way more than it should be......evaporation? )
I try to do my last drain & fill as late in nov as possible, and purposely over fill about an inch, to make it through to march.

Strange thing about using water that runs through my softener. Within 5 days, the water goes bad......and I mean bad......stinky / milky / gross.
I thought it was due to age of my tub. (New softener). So, I thought I'd give it 1 more try by bypassing the softener, before I took my sawzall to it.
It worked....bypassing the softener ever since....and the water is crystal clear after 4 months. I've been off the bromine, and using chlorine for 4-5yrs with much better results.

Once a week my tub goes down about 1 inch . But I used the tub daily and for 45 to 60 minutes at a time . This is my second tub and both dropped about the same in a week . Especially in the winter .

Once a week my tub goes down about 1 inch . But I used the tub daily and for 45 to 60 minutes at a time . This is my second tub and both dropped about the same in a week . Especially in the winter .
Wow. Mine loses less than an inch in 100 days. I do only open half the lid to slightly minimize evaporation when I use it. The only times it has gone down faster, I looked for leaks and found them each time. Tub is on interlock so a slow leak disappears without ever being visible from the outside.

Ours is closing in on 20 years old and doesn't loose any water on it's own aside from normal loss from getting in and out.

Well, aside from that time a month or so back when the misplaced air intake hose siphoned a bunch off, but that was user error, not a "normal" thing.

Back
Top Bottom