Honda "store".... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda "store"....

Hack

So... 'Bought a Honda car from a local Honda dealership just before Jesus's birthday...
While waiting in the lounge the day we went to pick up that car I wandered over to the motorcycle side of the place to browse...
New non-current (2019) Africa Twin caught my eye....

Seeing as car shopping at a dealer is way down my list of fun things to do... Has anyone experienced buying a bike from one of these "stores".
'Seems to be a secondary concern within the overall dealership...

I think we all agree bikes should be sold in "bike shops", but.... If the price is right should it matter..?

So... 'Bought a Honda car from a local Honda dealership just before Jesus's birthday...
While waiting in the lounge the day we went to pick up that car I wandered over to the motorcycle side of the place to browse...

Seeing as car shopping at a dealer is way down my list of fun things to do... Has anyone experienced buying a bike from one of these "stores".

I think we all agree bikes should be sold in "bike shops", but.... If the price is right should it matter..?

I try to avoid offbrand side of the road used car dealers for bikes, sometimes they get a trade or whatever, a honda dealership is a different story though they sell cars/bikes/lawn mowers etc etc etc

maybe if most of their sales volume is cars, they might be willing to give you a good deal on a leftover bike?

Sounds like you were at a Honda Powerhouse dealership based on your opening sentence...in that case, I wouldn't worry about it, especially if it's a new non current model...if the price is right and you like the bike, then I'd say go for it...was this in Milton by any chance?...the main sales guy there on the bike side is amazing (he's also an instructor at Racer5) and the main mechanic is also a great guy...congrats on the new car...

If you don't mind, What dealer was you looking at the africa twin at?

It's simple, Honda Canada has no clue how to sell motorcycles in Canada.
People that should have them to sell don't and they try to sell them in places they won't sell.

If it is new yes but be aware the air box is badly flawed and needs replaced with a powercel or rottweiler before use. I ignored this advice and took a look inside my air box on the past weekend.Not good full of dirt as well as the velocity stacks all coated in dirt inside. Looks like I will be into a new motor sooner than later.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Sounds like you were at a Honda Powerhouse dealership based on your opening sentence...in that case, I wouldn't worry about it, especially if it's a new non current model...if the price is right and you like the bike, then I'd say go for it...was this in Milton by any chance?...the main sales guy there on the bike side is amazing (he's also an instructor at Racer5) and the main mechanic is also a great guy...congrats on the new car...

9EwInQl.jpg

'You stalking me bro..??
Milton Honda... Yup.

The car's not for me... :( 'B'lated grad gift/xmass/birthday gift for my oldest kid...

Yeah... I'm a pretty cool Dad:cool:

is this a good deal?

Depends what you want to do with the bike and your off-road skills. Not to be biased, though for that price, I would (and did) get a new 2021 T7, with change to spare for add ons.

I went to an ADV camp this summer, and 3 riders, 2 with a 1090 and one a 1190 test rode my T7, they all got back on their bikes ready to sell them, power to weight ratio and the CP2 motor's low end pull didn't leave them missing the KTMs power. 2up is a different story.

I've purchased Honda OEM parts from the Milton dealer. They're good to deal with and will take an order over the phone, eliminating 1 trip of a potentially 2 trip process and they actually call you when the parts are in, usually the next day. So they're head 'n heels over most dealers I've dealt with.

I did walk through the sales area to take a look at the Gold Wings. Sales guy asked me what I rode and he didn't know what an ST1100 was........... I responded that it was replaced by the ST1300 and still got a blank look. Admittedly older and discontinued models, but I was not impressed.

Sales guys come and go frequently so an uninformed seller is quite normal which is fine with me since I already know what I need and want which is why I am there. I called a popular local bike shop this year asking for a 190/55 rear tire and he asked what rim size. Still bought the tire since that was why I called and at least I gut a chuckle out of it.

Sales guys come and go frequently so an uninformed seller is quite normal which is fine with me since I already know what I need and want which is why I am there. I called a popular local bike shop this year asking for a 190/55 rear tire and he asked what rim size. Still bought the tire since that was why I called and at least I gut a chuckle out of it.
He was probably looking for you to confirm there was a -17 on the end of the 190/55
... not that they would likely have anything else.

To the OP, I thought for sure you were talking about Ready Honda in Mississauga. They have the same setup, car dealer plus powersports side. That's where I got my Tracer GT. They are closing the powersports side in 2021 and are not bringing in new stock, there are about 40 bikes on the floor. Some decent deals may be available in the spring. Or even now, I got a decent deal on my Tracer 6 weeks ago.

is this a good deal?
Not really.

Please view this ad:

2021 KTM 890 Adventure R,

Price: $ 16,329

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Depends what you want to do with the bike and your off-road skills. Not to be biased, though for that price, I would (and did) get a new 2021 T7, with change to spare for add ons.

I went to an ADV camp this summer, and 3 riders, 2 with a 1090 and one a 1190 test rode my T7, they all got back on their bikes ready to sell them, power to weight ratio and the CP2 motor's low end pull didn't leave them missing the KTMs power. 2up is a different story.
For me the t7 was just over $15000 with the rear rack and crash guards out the door all in. Pretty good value if you ask me. The bike is so much better to ride than the spec sheet would suggest.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

god I hate how im turning into a fan girl but ktm bikes are dope af so...

I just left milton honda, they don't have much on the floor. But i did see a 2013 1200rs that was fully dressed for 13g that i don't know if thats a good deal.

What i am looking for is the mid size adventure bike that is also good at touring in the 650 to 800cc range

I just left milton honda, they don't have much on the floor. But i did see a 2013 1200rs that was fully dressed for 13g that i don't know if thats a good deal.

What i am looking for is the mid size adventure bike that is also good at touring in the 650 to 800cc range

Guess the vstrom wont cut it?

ktm/bmw/triumph have a bunch of good options, ducati also has a 950 option
if you real fancy you can get a cool moto guzzi

i didn't look at the vstrom yet, i thought it was a 650? not going to count out none of the mid range till i get a chance to look and feel

Back
Top Bottom