Honda "store".... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda "store"....

Salesman working in dirtbike sales was knowledgeable and helpful. Another trip there inquiring about streetbikes was much less so. Found they often have leftover models on the floor for years without discounting them and not willing to budge on price.

Salesman working in dirtbike sales was knowledgeable and helpful. Another trip there inquiring about streetbikes was much less so. Found they often have leftover models on the floor for years without discounting them and not willing to budge on price.

Are you talking about the place in Milton?

I talked to a salesman named Greg today

Seemed to know what he was talking about enough to answer the easy questions,

To sell bikes you really don’t need to be to technical about how the engine works or transmission and clutch engage

I talked to a salesman named Greg today

Seemed to know what he was talking about enough to answer the easy questions,

To sell bikes you really don’t need to be to technical about how the engine works or transmission and clutch engage
You need to know how to tell the customer that no matter what his trade-in is, it's a POS worth nothing and the new POS he is selling you is worth 3 times the price plus tax PDI and servicing, would you like to purchase extended warranty for that bike I just sold you so you can start paying for the future service up front and you need to know how to fill out loan forms and take visa. Did I miss anything?

i didn't look at the vstrom yet, i thought it was a 650? not going to count out none of the mid range till i get a chance to look and feel
Honestly for mostly road use, light touring and light gravel it's hard to beat the value in a vstrom 650.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Honda Canada has been pushing the powerhouse concept on its car dealers since the late 1970s.
It DOES NOT WORK.
Unless its a company owned store (BMW Toronto ?) nobody in the car business knows enough or cares enough to make it work or just let it operate at a loss.
HD is struggling now because for years they pushed the big box store concept.
Its tough to keep the boat afloat with high fixed costs and limited season.
Bring back the mom and pop dealerships - what have you got to lose ?

was this in Milton by any chance?...the main sales guy there on the bike side is amazing (he's also an instructor at Racer5) and the main mechanic is also a great guy...congrats on the new car...

If you're in a motorcycle shop that sells Honda (Clare's, Sturgess, etc.) it's because they were grandfathered in.

The guys on the Powersports side at Milton are great. Wouldn't know (or care) about the car side.

Last year bought a dirt bike from Clarington Honda. Everything went smoothly with the transaction and they were the only one of the five places I contacted that actually got back to me-4 of the other ones were non powerhouse shops.

Most warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on imho.
Warranties are provided by the manufacturer, not the dealer or the distributor. No one cares until there's a problem. Having been on both sides of the fence I can say that if you have a legitimate problem it will be attended to. If you're just blowing smoke up someone's backside ( issues related to non OEM parts for instance) you'll be told to take a hike.
As a 'for instance', several years ago I had a contract gig working the customer service line for one of the Japanese importers. Buddy calls up complaining that his ATV has worn out suspension and drive line components prematurely, as well is perpetually smoking belts. Unbeknownst to him, the dealer had already called me to give me a heads up.
I ask him, does it have a lift kit, oversize wheels, deep water kit, winch and snow plough ? He says yes. I ask him why the repairs would be warranty related when the machine itself is not defective but suffering from problems created by all the add-ons ? He hangs up after yelling for about 5 minutes.
Same rules for motos - manufacturers warranty covers original equipment, not problems created by add on parts or modifications.
Wingboy - have you had any personal issues or are you just making a blanket statement ?

@TK4 there was a thread here awhile back where VW had unibody rust warranties but the hoops they made people go through to actually follow through made it nearly impossible to actually use the warranty.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Sad
Reactions: TK4
@TK4 there was a thread here awhile back where VW had unibody rust warranties but the hoops they made people go through to actually follow through made it nearly impossible to actually use the warranty.
Sorry to hear - I don't have any experience with car related warranty stuff.

Toyota also stop changing the frames that had a rotting problem in the tundras, the recall was good for some and not so good for others

I've never had a warranty issue that wasn't resolved to my satisfaction. Ford, BMW, VW, Chevy, Honda, Yamaha. Eventually every manufacturer will have a recall or warranty claim. I so far have not been stiffed.

Warranties are provided by the manufacturer, not the dealer or the distributor. No one cares until there's a problem. Having been on both sides of the fence I can say that if you have a legitimate problem it will be attended to. If you're just blowing smoke up someone's backside ( issues related to non OEM parts for instance) you'll be told to take a hike.
As a 'for instance', several years ago I had a contract gig working the customer service line for one of the Japanese importers. Buddy calls up complaining that his ATV has worn out suspension and drive line components prematurely, as well is perpetually smoking belts. Unbeknownst to him, the dealer had already called me to give me a heads up.
I ask him, does it have a lift kit, oversize wheels, deep water kit, winch and snow plough ? He says yes. I ask him why the repairs would be warranty related when the machine itself is not defective but suffering from problems created by all the add-ons ? He hangs up after yelling for about 5 minutes.
Same rules for motos - manufacturers warranty covers original equipment, not problems created by add on parts or modifications.
Wingboy - have you had any personal issues or are you just making a blanket statement ?
Never had warranty work on a bike. Two cars were a disaster. My ex bought a Dodge Aires that went thru 2 front ends and a bunch of front tires because of the crap front end alignment done after the front assembly.
Second car was a Honda Accord. First year. It went thru 2 manual trannies. Shims were missing during assembly. It was all covered, but the pos was in the dealer for months.
I had a roof redone by the Roofman for $5500. Twenty five year warranty. It lasted less than 5 years. They told me they would replace the bad shingles (about 30%) or the entire roof of i let them do it with their choice of materials. Or i could join the class action lawsuit against the Quebec manufacturer. Buh bye.

Best recall I've had was for a 72 Dodge Swinger. The right side motor mount (318) was prone to breaking allowing the motor to flop over onto the steering column. Not good!
The car needed an exhaust system badly, and i figured i was going to get a new one because they would have to lift the motor.
Parked the car in customer service, went inside, talked to the service manager for 30 sec, heard the hood of my car slam shut. Have a nice day!
They looped a wire cable around the exhaust manifold and over to the right upper shock mount. Took 15 seconds.
Torsion bar mount in the frame broke about a month later. Scrap.

Back
Top Bottom