Honda "store".... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda "store"....

I thinking the Suzuki VStrom 650XT will be my choice.

Seems like an all round dependable bike that can do hwy as well as off road

Om s

I'm also looking at the Vstrom, but...
Since I'm planning on Sask gravel I'm thinking maybe the larger 1050cc would be a better choice.
I'm no engineer, but... I'm thinking the bigger motor would be better suited to ten hours at 100kmh than the 650...
I mean my carcus weighs 200lbs... Add gear to that... at least another 50/70lbs..
The poor 650 might have a stroke after running 1000kms on one go

Iv’e seen lots of video that people has done longer journeys on the 650. Plus the cost is a big factor for me

I would not pay an extra 10grand for something i can do on a 650

Also I’m looking for a mid-range bike that has hwy capability that also has enough torque to get out of its own way

I’ll be putting my 2011 KLR on the block if anyone is looking for a good bike

Om s

I'm also looking at the Vstrom, but...
Since I'm planning on Sask gravel I'm thinking maybe the larger 1050cc would be a better choice.
I'm no engineer, but... I'm thinking the bigger motor would be better suited to ten hours at 100kmh than the 650...
I mean my carcus weighs 200lbs... Add gear to that... at least another 50/70lbs..
The poor 650 might have a stroke after running 1000kms on one go
I think the 1050 is amazing but in terms of reliability and sitting at 100kph you don't have anything to worry about with the 650. Both engines are bulletproof and will pull all day NP. Having said that.....I may move to the 1050 after i am done with my SVF650.

I think the 1050 is amazing but in terms of reliability and sitting at 100kph you don't have anything to worry about with the 650. Both engines are bulletproof and will pull all day NP. Having said that.....I may move to the 1050 after i am done with my SVF650.
The 1050 does everything a Ducati MTS v4 does for over $10,000 less. Impressive machine.

I'd say every year is a dark time for Chrysler quality since then. I don't think they ever recovered.
I don't like Chryslers, but they have done very well. Ever hear of the Dodge Caravan?

Ooooh, is that why they are everywhere?
I call bs on your link.
You can find a Mcdonalds everywhere.....doesn't mean it is good food. Caravans sell because they are cheap and thats it. They are unreliable cheap large volume transportation. If i have 3 kids and $20k it is the only game in town. Zero reliability and zero resale....but it can get my kids to school for 6 years before it turns to dust (with one new tranny).

Honestly a really good choice, but you knew that.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

You can find a Mcdonalds everywhere.....doesn't mean it is good food. Caravans sell because they are cheap and thats it. They are unreliable cheap large volume transportation. If i have 3 kids and $20k it is the only game in town. Zero reliability and zero resale....but it can get my kids to school for 6 years before it turns to dust (with one new tranny).
Exactly. Minivans suck. But they have a very definite purpose.
When my 5 year old grandson is in the car with me, everytime he sees a minivan he says.... Minivan bleech!

I don't like Chryslers, but they have done very well. Ever hear of the Dodge Caravan?
Yes, it's a garbage vehicle, cheap and unreliable. If you purchased one hope you had it on 3y lease and returned it to Dodge before it blew up and cost you a fortune to repair. I've had 2 minivans. both Toyota Siennas. 15 years of service, zero repairs other than brakes and tires. Good trade in value, You get what you pay for.

Are the new dodge mini-vans still having problems

I thought the 80 , 90 , and early 2000’s

After 2010 I thought they are pretty reliable

Not sure why the hate I know lots of people who have bought caravans and driven them 300000k with no major repairs. Cheap but reliable nothing has any value at that point anyway, scrap it and buy a new one. There were some transmission issues in the early 90 but again if not driven like a rented mule they were fine. Not a inspiring vehicle but cheap transportation that can haul lots of kids or stuff.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Can be no worse than the windstar or oddessy

When i owned my transmission shop i done just as many transmissions in these platforms as i did dodge minivans

At a point in my previous life the dodge caravan minivan was the company car for about 1,000 of us. If the tranny went 80k it went to 300k , but it was a crapshoot. At 80K it was under warranty so you were just down a week.
Dollar for dollar, its a people and junk mover, and what did they sell? about a million of them?

Back
Top Bottom