Home surveillance/security setup | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Home surveillance/security setup

Lol. Not yet, it'll be a little project for winter.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk 4

Wasn’t sure if I should bump this thread, but it does have some entertaining posts so here we are.

Anyways - similar to the original post 7 years ago - I’m looking to change up our home security.

Any suggestions for current video doorbell and multiple cameras / door alarms with little to no subscription service required?

I could do the install myself. I’m no techie but could follow instructions.

Thanks!

I have the ring system and just pay the fees not that expensive and it is easy. 3 cameras and 2 doorbells. Probably add a 4th camera in the spring.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

I have the ring system and just pay the fees not that expensive and it is easy. 3 cameras and 2 doorbells. Probably add a 4th camera in the spring.

Thanks. Do you like it and where did you grab it from? I think I saw them at Costco.

I bought it piece by piece from Amazon you just add new devices to your subscription as you go. I have the doorbell pro and spotlight cams.

I bought it piece by piece from Amazon you just add new devices to your subscription as you go. I have the doorbell pro and spotlight cams.

Just saw something that people's Ring doorbells are breaking because they were made to be pushed by soft fingers and now people are using objects.
Just an fyi if you have many visitors

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Don't overlook Blink cameras - no wires and the batteries last 2+ years even in a cold garage. Very affordable too. Got bought out by Amazon a year or so back so you'll find them there.

I went with a HIKvision setup...
4 port PoE NVR and external cameras...they've held up very well over 3+ winters so far and I haven't had any issues with their reliability or performance.

I chose the turret design over the others due to slightly better night vision as well...maybe once a year I climb up and clean off cobwebs as the dang spiders like to setup shop and catch insects near the motion detection lights.

51a2bfuFLxL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Lorex Technology sells affordable systems. I'm not a fan of their app, though it does offer motion sensor notifications and good image quality.

I went with a HIKvision setup...
4 port PoE NVR and external cameras...they've held up very well over 3+ winters so far and I haven't had any issues with their reliability or performance.

I chose the turret design over the others due to slightly better night vision as well...maybe once a year I climb up and clean off cobwebs as the dang spiders like to setup shop and catch insects near the motion detection lights.

51a2bfuFLxL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

+1

Setup a Synology with surveillance station licenses

+1

Setup a Synology with surveillance station licenses
If someone buys synology, don't buy a j model. I did. It was ok as a media server for a while, but quickly went in the crapper as updates slowed it down. At this point, it is barely functional as remote storage and there is no possible way it can run surveillance station (if you turn on SS, login to the box literally takes hours).

Wasn’t sure if I should bump this thread, but it does have some entertaining posts so here we are.

Anyways - similar to the original post 7 years ago - I’m looking to change up our home security.

Any suggestions for current video doorbell and multiple cameras / door alarms with little to no subscription service required?

I could do the install myself. I’m no techie but could follow instructions.

Thanks!
Easiest install -- you already have everything -- park your Vstrom in clear view in front of the house, thieves will walk on by.

Back
Top Bottom