Hit or Flop? Ford Maverick | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hit or Flop? Ford Maverick

So who’s going to build and patent this thing? Hell you could make one out of wood just to hold the bike. Just need to strap it down properly.

So who’s going to build and patent this thing? Hell you could make one out of wood just to hold the bike. Just need to strap it down properly.
Ideally, I'd want a bolt holding the front down. Once the bike is in, if you strap the bike down to the tiedowns it will be ok (use biggers straps than normal though). Trying to ride up the ramp with the front of the rail unsecured would be both funny and tragic. 99% chance the rail flips up and brains you while you, the bike and the pile of scrap metal fall to the ground.

Ideally, I'd want a bolt holding the front down. Once the bike is in, if you strap the bike down to the tiedowns it will be ok (use biggers straps than normal though). Trying to ride up the ramp with the front of the rail unsecured would be both funny and tragic. 99% chance the rail flips up and brains you while you, the bike and the pile of scrap metal fall to the ground.
This is gopro stuff for sure.

I'm really interested in this. I need to see and drive one before making any rash decisions haha

My Wrangler now is the first non-truck I've ever owned, and I will say that I do miss the box. I borrow my dads truck a lot but driving it costs twice as much as my Jeep in gas. I've been looking at getting a cheap daily little car thats good on gas since I drive like 500km/week and I hate putting miles on my Jeep. This looks like I could kill two birds with one stone.

The DRZ center of the rear wheel would sit right at 5'-8" when I used to move it around in a Silverado, so 6ft with the tailgate down would fit it, just. I do see that the bed isn't 4ft between the wheel wells, and in the video they used three 2x4's and the tailgate to load a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Kind of annoying but something I could get used to.

I do see that the bed isn't 4ft between the wheel wells, and in the video they used three 2x4's and the tailgate to load a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Kind of annoying but something I could get used to.
My old Tacoma was this, but it had cutouts in the bed that a precut 2x6 fit into to raise sheets above the wheel wells. I just left one in the bed and slotted it in when needed...

I see where Ford did some cost cutting. What a mess.

When an auto manufacturer can't take pride in what you "can't see" that tells me a lot about the rest of the vehicle.

see the difference?

Attachments

• 2022-ford-maverick-xlt-hybrid-fwd-170-1623083268.jpg
    2022-ford-maverick-xlt-hybrid-fwd-170-1623083268.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 2015-honda-accord-hybrid-sedan-engine.jpg
    2015-honda-accord-hybrid-sedan-engine.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Also have Subaru take another swing at the Baja too.
View attachment 49364

I like the Subaru Baja.
Tried to convince my wife that we should get one but that was a quick "NO".

They may not be the sexiest car on the market but most likely very practical.

But than again, I also think that the Honda Element was a great car and Honda should have kept it in their line up.
Again, very practical.

1623322964314.png

Nice @oioioi never thought of the Element to be that practical!

I love the Baja but don’t need it. My favourite is always the wagon. Even though it won’t fit a bike it seems to be the ultimate in utility.

Our 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS was the best in terms of storage. Good engine, garbage transmission made of glass, comfortable, good handling, sporty suspension, and one of the best steering wheels I’ve ever felt. Overall super happy with it if it wasn’t that transmission (4 speed auto) it would be at the top of my list for cars owned.

Nice @oioioi never thought of the Element to be that practical!

I love the Baja but don’t need it. My favourite is always the wagon. Even though it won’t fit a bike it seems to be the ultimate in utility.

Our 2012 Hyundai Elantra GLS was the best in terms of storage. Good engine, garbage transmission made of glass, comfortable, good handling, sporty suspension, and one of the best steering wheels I’ve ever felt. Overall super happy with it if it wasn’t that transmission (4 speed auto) it would be at the top of my list for cars owned.
My fil sonata had good steering till the 6 yr mark when this cheap plastic piece failed... and had to pull half the dash apart to replace a $5 part...

20200706_133825.jpg

20200706_133757.jpg

20200706_132436.jpg

thats debatable, but I can assure you the Honda is far less likely to require a trip to the dealer.

Meh, possible but also debatable. I can tell you IME Fords are far cheaper and easier to work on. That could be out of necessity though. I remember a friends Honda Accord needing to drop the engine to change the starter but that was many years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I see where Ford did some cost cutting. What a mess.

When an auto manufacturer can't take pride in what you "can't see" that tells me a lot about the rest of the vehicle.

see the difference?
Not that it's a huge deal, but it's almost certainly missing the standard plastic shield over the motor. Pull that out of the Honda and they will start to look more similar. The weird dangly cable for the 12V battery doesn't look like it's a production version feature either, so I get the feeling that in general you are looking at a pre-production engine bay. Kinda weird that they would give the press photos of it

I'm really interested in this. I need to see and drive one before making any rash decisions haha

My Wrangler now is the first non-truck I've ever owned, and I will say that I do miss the box. I borrow my dads truck a lot but driving it costs twice as much as my Jeep in gas. I've been looking at getting a cheap daily little car thats good on gas since I drive like 500km/week and I hate putting miles on my Jeep. This looks like I could kill two birds with one stone.

The DRZ center of the rear wheel would sit right at 5'-8" when I used to move it around in a Silverado, so 6ft with the tailgate down would fit it, just. I do see that the bed isn't 4ft between the wheel wells, and in the video they used three 2x4's and the tailgate to load a 4x8 sheet of plywood. Kind of annoying but something I could get used to.
Gladiator…?

Interesting concept, very dodgy execution.
There's a V2 in the description. Concept would be nice for track days solo without trailering or even just solo longer truck and bike road trips.

There's a V2 in the description. Concept would be nice for track days solo without trailering or even just solo longer truck and bike road trips.
I would be inclined to remove the tailgate with that thing. At a certain point in the lift, the weight on the back end of the tailgate exceeds the weight of the bike and platform. I wouldn't be comfortable putting close to 1000lbs on the tip of a tailgate (and even worse, most of the weight is right in the centre).

Back
Top Bottom