Hi! New member in the North | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hi! New member in the North

TokyoRider

HI,

After 10 years, multiple bikes, and few hundred thousand kilometres riding, came back to Canada. Have been in Singapore and Japan and now am hanging around Northern Ontario but expect may be relocating to GTA at some point.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's rides, finding some great routes, and contributing where I can.

Found this site while searching how to bring a bike over from Japan. Lots of great resources. Was a frequent participator in a similar group in Japan so hoping to have a good rider camaraderie with everyone here as well.

See you on the road...

Welcome. What bike are you trying to bring in? How far north are you living now? @shanekingsley has a great directory of riding roads in the province.

What bike are you trying to bring over?

@GreyGhost @TwistedKestrel @J_F Thanks for the welcome.

I'm looking at bringing my NR750 over (in my avatar). Concern is about the VIN (it's 11 or 12 digits depending how you measure the dash) and also the taxes to be paid in Ontario. Seems like a 5% federal levy is certain, but not sure and havent gotten through to MTO to confirm what the Ontario portion might be. I have heard some people havent paid anything when registering bikes imported from Japan, but need certainty to know what to expect.

I'm looking at bringing my NR750 over (in my avatar). Concern is about the VIN (it's 11 or 12 digits depending how you measure the dash) and also the taxes to be paid in Ontario. Seems like a 5% federal levy is certain, but not sure and havent gotten through to MTO to confirm what the Ontario portion might be. I have heard some people havent paid anything when registering bikes imported from Japan, but need certainty to know what to expect.
That's so awesome. Start a gofundme to cover the fees in exchange for a flyby once it's here.

wait, arent you the guy who wrote that cycleworld article? Worked for harley? Then worked for honda?
from Sudbury if I recall?

Welcome to GTAM!(and canada)

is that one of the crazy Hondas with oval pistons?
would probably be the only one in Ontario if you get it over here
good luck

Yes, I didnt write it but I was profiled in Common Tread by Revzilla. From small town between Sudbury and the Soo.

Thanks for the Welcome!

pretty epic life story, you should share stories with @Lightcycle

Yes, I didnt write it but I was profiled in Common Tread by Revzilla. From small town between Sudbury and the Soo.

Thanks for the Welcome!
So cool.
Ovalpiston.jpg

is that one of the crazy Hondas with oval pistons?
would probably be the only one in Ontario if you get it over here
good luck
Technically I'm pretty sure there's at least one around already... so they can have some fist fights over spares

On the road or stashed in a private collection? I sure as hell have never seen one.
I can't remember why I think that, and I can't back it up. Just one brain cell somewhere has a green light on it

(y)
what spark plug does it take?

I can't remember why I think that, and I can't back it up. Just one brain cell somewhere has a green light on it
It wouldn't shock me. There are some absolutely mind-boggling collections in non-descript buildings scattered throughout the province, but for obvious reasons we don't often get to look behind the curtain.

It wouldn't shock me. There are some absolutely mind-boggling collections in non-descript buildings scattered throughout the province, but for obvious reasons we don't often get to look behind the curtain.
I am not alwasy saying people need or drive their toys but at least should share them with others by displaying etc....

I am not alwasy saying people need or drive their toys but at least should share them with others by displaying etc....
The few I know of are full of trailer queens that never move. They don't want to give away the location of the stash as it is priceless (both monetarily and to the mental well being of the owner). I guess conceivably, they could bus people in with bags over their heads, but tracking your location is way too easy these days. Others just have tons of money and no interest in sharing. I was talking with someone that was involved with Indian and motorcycle #1 in Canada was picked up in its crate and taken to a warehouse to sit for all eternity. The new owner wants to know they have the first one but are not only never going to ride it, there is a high probability that they never unbox it.

I always appreciate owners such as yourself that enjoy these pieces of art and soul and let them breathe in public where others can get a fleeting glance of greatness.

The few I know of are full of trailer queens that never move. They don't want to give away the location of the stash as it is priceless (both monetarily and to the mental well being of the owner). I guess conceivably, they could bus people in with bags over their heads, but tracking your location is way too easy these days. Others just have tons of money and no interest in sharing. I was talking with someone that was involved with Indian and motorcycle #1 in Canada was picked up in its crate and taken to a warehouse to sit for all eternity. The new owner wants to know they have the first one but are not only never going to ride it, there is a high probability that they never unbox it.

probably the same kind of dudes that are into voyeurism

id rather participate

Back
Top Bottom