Hi! New member in the North | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hi! New member in the North

GreyGhost

Site Supporter
Update:

Bittersweet to say that the NR was sold and is staying in Japan. I looked at the costs and effort to bring her over, storing, insurance, and terrible road conditions, not to mention rampant thefts and parted ways.

I feel like we'll meet again.

I was ready to pull the trigger on a RC51 and my buddy called dibs on it. Then I found another but despite low miles looked like it had been through hell and back.

Was about to give up for the season but found a super cherry ZX9R. Bit of a battleship but good for the riding I'll be doing. Not too many technical twisties in the area and if I get to track days I'll find another bike.

May end up in GTA in next few months now that things are easing up. We'll look forward to bike meets or occasional rides.

Ride safe!
Crushed. Financially that was probably the smart play but I was hoping to hear such a special bike ripping around the province. Congrats on the new bike.

Priller

I was ready to pull the trigger on a RC51 and my buddy called dibs on it. Then I found another but despite low miles looked like it had been through hell and back.

Was about to give up for the season but found a super cherry ZX9R. Bit of a battleship but good for the riding I'll be doing. Not too many technical twisties in the area and if I get to track days I'll find another bike.

May end up in GTA in next few months now that things are easing up. We'll look forward to bike meets or occasional rides.

Ride safe!
RC51 values have been going up lately, and it's hard to find deals. They're usually badly modded (often due to a crash) high milers or the seller wants stupid money. They're typical Honda, so definitely durable bikes if nobody got too aggressive with motor mods, but simple consumables have gotten hard to find and consequently overly expensive. I'm building a track bike out of one, and the prices I see things like Akrapovic exhausts sell for are insane. OEM fairings, undertails and a few other odds and ends are also bananas. Nothing compared to an NR, obviously, but these bikes were common once upon a time. If you're ever in the market again for one, I can give you a few things to look for to help avoid a dog. They're also brutally uncomfortable and stiff, so not good for miles or rough roads.

Excellent choice with the ZX-9R. A classic road sportbike that disappeared from the market when Honda stopped selling the F4i. Relatively comfy, usable power, and stable, solid handling. The kind of bike that seems to be making a comeback with things like the RS660 and R7, really.

Very sorry to hear about the NR, but the logic is unassailable. Hopefully something equally special us in your future...

TokyoRider

RC51 values have been going up lately, and it's hard to find deals. They're usually badly modded (often due to a crash) high milers or the seller wants stupid money. They're typical Honda, so definitely durable bikes if nobody got too aggressive with motor mods, but simple consumables have gotten hard to find and consequently overly expensive. I'm building a track bike out of one, and the prices I see things like Akrapovic exhausts sell for are insane. OEM fairings, undertails and a few other odds and ends are also bananas. Nothing compared to an NR, obviously, but these bikes were common once upon a time. If you're ever in the market again for one, I can give you a few things to look for to help avoid a dog. They're also brutally uncomfortable and stiff, so not good for miles or rough roads.

Excellent choice with the ZX-9R. A classic road sportbike that disappeared from the market when Honda stopped selling the F4i. Relatively comfy, usable power, and stable, solid handling. The kind of bike that seems to be making a comeback with things like the RS660 and R7, really.

Very sorry to hear about the NR, but the logic is unassailable. Hopefully something equally special us in your future...
For RC my buddy got a nice one. 30k, well looked after. I had found one with 5,700km but after looking at it there were multiple red flags including a flashing FI (though might've been a small issue or due to race exhaust).

Somehow the rear cowl around the pegs used to secure the rear seat cover were cracked and passenger seat worn down. Almost like it had been used as a courier bike with a big heavy top box. It also looked like it had been outside for 20 years. Body otherwise was okay but every nut and bolt had rust or corrosion.

The way it was set up suggested it was low mileage but everyone of those km were at max RPM. Not a bad use but not necessarily good for resale. Despite this it sounded so damn good I still almost got it.

ZX will be a reliable bike and I've owned a ZX11 in the past and actually rode a 9R in Thailand many years ago. Not the flashiest or fastest, but gets me back on 2 wheels for a small bit of change and then keep looking around for the next one.

Good luck with your track bike. RC sounds soooooo good when allowed to sing.

Top Bottom