Here we go. Amendment to Stunt Driving | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Here we go. Amendment to Stunt Driving

Wow….wonder if the kid a few blocks from our cottage will get busted. Parents built him a few mounds of dirt and he uses his ATV and dirt bike to practice….

I think it’s awesome but I guess this now could fall afoul of 172….

parking lots? Goodbye stunting and motorcycle practice.

trails…no experience but I assume speeds are limited? Or is it a free for all?

beach? Goodbye snowmobile riding during the winter months.

This is nuts.

I disagree with your assessment that PPC is an inherently racist

Yeah, umm.... you may want to look at a lot of the candidates running for that party and what they're all about. Very openly in many instances.

The fact the Bernier does nothing about it speaks volumes. If he really wanted to be considered a legitimate party not full of racist ********, he should start kicking out the racist ******** underneath him.

Stop believing what you want to believe in the face of the realities.

Yeah, umm.... you may want to look at a lot of the candidates running for that party and what they're all about. Very openly in many instances.

The fact the Bernier does nothing about it speaks volumes. If he really wanted to be considered a legitimate party not full of racist ********, he should start kicking out the racist ******** underneath him.

Stop believing what you want to believe in the face of the realities.

Without needlessly turning this into a political thread, I will only say from what I have seen that you're wrong. The usual cries from the radical left are to scream racist at anyone from the right. Ask Warren Kinsella about that, he's now fighting off a costly libel suit after calling Max Bernier a racist during the last election. Not surprisingly, he's losing. I'm not a PPC supporter, but I do agree with their free individualist philosophy to some extent. I don't think any political party can thoroughly vouch for every candidate they have, both the Liberals and the Conservatives have kicked out some this election, and surely there will be more to come. But I haven't heard of any specific candidates in the PPC who are racists as you claim. Care to offer up a list?

Here's a good recent article on the PPC. They sure don't seem racist to me.

Without needlessly turning this into a political thread, I will only say from what I have seen that you're wrong. The usual cries from the radical left are to scream racist at anyone from the right. Ask Warren Kinsella about that, he's now fighting off a costly libel suit after calling Max Bernier a racist during the last election. Not surprisingly, he's losing. I'm not a PPC supporter, but I do agree with their free individualist philosophy to some extent. I don't think any political party can thoroughly vouch for every candidate they have, both the Liberals and the Conservatives have kicked out some this election, and surely there will be more to come. But I haven't heard of any specific candidates in the PPC who are racists as you claim. Care to offer up a list?

I would be interested but the anti mask ******** spewed make them a hard no they had a little anti mask protest set up outside Costco last week.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

I would be interested but the anti mask ******** spewed make them a hard no they had a little anti mask protest set up outside Costco last week.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

I agree, the anti-mask, anti-vax people have all jumped behind PPC because they believe in free choice. I do too, but I'm fully vaxxed and I strongly encourage everyone to be. That said, the risk of non-vaccinated people is overstated IMO. Most variants are coming from abroad, where dense populations are rife with the disease.

So no more "parking lot practise" as per this notice...

I suppose, learning to ride a bike in the parking lot is out of the question, unless you're with an authorized learning school?

So no more "parking lot practise" as per this notice...

I suppose, learning to ride a bike in the parking lot is out of the question, unless you're with an authorized learning school?

I suspect the enforcement of this will be fairly reasonable. Doing burnouts, wheelies, and other stunting in a public parking lot might catch a charge, but just throwing out some cones and practicing skills, well, the cop would have to have some serious stick in his ass to lay a charge over that unless one throw shade at the cop when they come to see what’s happening.

Unfortunately it’s people’s attitudes that often get them in hot water with LEO’s in situations where they might otherwise have just got a warning and sent on their way.

If you can point to a provincial political party that will get rid of it, I will vote for them. I disagree with your assessment that PPC is an inherently racist party. There are lots of non-white candidates running for them. I met Max 30 years ago at U of M. He's a libertarian. I can assure you he's not a racist. Don't peddle bs.

sigh. the whole "they have non-white candidates so it means they're not racist!" reasoning is why groups like the proud boys got away with being who they are for a long time until only recently.

as someone who is a clear visible minority with parents who immigrated here, PPC policies are literally attacking me and my family.

yet the PPC have candidates who are literally immigrants who say they're thankful for canada accepting them, but don't want that same opportunity to other potential immigrants lol. are they saying they want to ban immigrants? of course not. but they blame immigrants for taking jobs, raising housing prices, being a 'burden' in this country and etc etc and have a clear message wanting to put 'real' canadians first, whatever the **** that means.

they're obviously not gonna come out and say they're overtly racist. they're not that dumb. but do they want to enact policies that are based on racist views? they absolutely are.

The PPC are good at choosing candidates that make them look irrefutable. for example, in ottawa they have some dude who has a masters in science, and yet is an antimask/lockdown/etc.

its the same ****** logic a lot of anti-vaxxers are trying to spread by using the "my body my choice" argument. they know it confuses 'normal' left-leaning people who probably are for the vaccine and support pro-choice for women but do not have enough of a political vocabulary to understand why the comparison makes zero sense.

anyway yah, stunting charges on farms are dumb!

That said, the risk of non-vaccinated people is overstated IMO

The risk is that they're all clogging up critical care beds because of their choice, whereas a person who has a heart attack or a stroke or whatever else that's totally unexpected and often due to no choice of their own (something, like, oh, a motorcycle accident after someone turns in front of you at an intersection) can't get timely care because all the doctors and nurses are too busy dealing with the "Freedumb" crowd.

The stats are overwhelmingly clear now that the majority of people ending up in critical care are unvaccinated. There's just no denying it anymore unless someones living in an alternate reality. This section of society is not providing an undue burden on the hospital systems around the world. Even the USA, the land of a hospital on every corner are now into the much feared "Crisis standards of care" in many areas, where they're operating as if there was something like 9/11 again. In other words, if you arrive at the hospital and don't have X percentage chance of survival, you're not getting serious treatment, only supportive care, until you die. The real care is preserved for people with a higher percentage chance of survival.

This is where Ontario was almost at this past spring until Ford woke up and did something. And it's where we risk being again this fall/winter.

So respectfully, I'll vehemently disagree with you that the "risk of non-vaccinated people is overstated".

here's one for you....but again wrong thread.

I don’t understand the need for the “changes”?

If there is a need to expand, wouldn’t that suggest the original bill/law isn’t working?

If things improved, why did they need to make things even harsher?

This is now the case of where something is implemented and given time, expanded.

I respect law and order. However, I also respect there is a judicial system where you can defend yourself.

Giving LE more power isn’t the way to keep a healthy balance.

This is more power and punitive to the accused without representation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If it's any consolation the courts will likely toss this pretty quickly. As far as I know the only time HTA rules have been enforced on private property is with respect to accidents and reporting damages. Side note: this cop is smarmy AF. "This is an exciting time for us" -- try to conceal your excitement. (n)

Malicious compliance time: I haven't read the new rules but I imagine there is still no obligation to have plates or insurance on private property. Make of that what you will. :)

If it's any consolation the courts will likely toss this pretty quickly. As far as I know the only time HTA rules have been enforced on private property is with respect to accidents and reporting damages. Side note: this cop is smarmy AF. "This is an exciting time for us" -- try to conceal your excitement. (n)

Malicious compliance time: I haven't read the new rules but I imagine there is still no obligation to have plates or insurance on private property. Make of that what you will. :)
This is exactly where my thoughts went.
This is written in the Highway Safety Act.
How the hell does it apply to private property and public lands????

I don't think they have jurisdiction in these areas.

Which courts? It will take a hell of a long time before one that matters steps in. As long as the law is on the books, cops are free to inflict thousands of dollars of punishment on people on private property no matter what the justice system says afterwards. Getting a provincial law struck down will likely take years.

Even if courts strike it down when you fight it..,great.

You’re still out thousands in fees, and without a license for a month…wonder what the chances of reimbursement is when the case gets tossed by the courts. Slim or none?

Oh I agree, it sucks. Practically I don't know how they will enforce this. So you're stunting on your own land on a bike with no insurance or plates or a license. Who does the ticket go to?

Oh I agree, it sucks. Practically I don't know how they will enforce this. So you're stunting on your own land on a bike with no insurance or plates or a license. Who does the ticket go to?
You have to identify yourself to police when asked or that charge also gets added to the pile. You don't need a license to get HTA tickets.

Um. It goes to you. You were the rider.
You get the ticket

You have to identify yourself to police when asked or that charge also gets added to the pile. You don't need a license to get HTA tickets.

Um. It goes to you. You were the rider.
You get the ticket

Such an obligation applies when in public or operating a motor vehicle on public roads. You are on your own land -- does the obligation to produce ID still exist? I'm going to say no. I am sure there are many judges who will agree -- this is a charter rights case waiting to happen. What sucks about it is that someone has to be the guinea pig and go through the system to prove that.

Back
Top Bottom