Help! Neighbour taking advantage by parking too close to my property line. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help! Neighbour taking advantage by parking too close to my property line.

Although I'll agree it's an odd topic for the forum, and especially a first post, I have a friend who used to live in a townhouse and I know accordingly how infuriating these sorts of things can be.

The neighbour who forgets you share an interior wall and plays their stereo set to 11 all the time is typically the number 1 issue, however driveway issues (often related to snow clearing) is a close second.

That may be true.

However as I get older I am more amazed every day how many problems are not really problems unless I allow them to be.

That 95% of things that could get me worked up could be effectively dealt with by going for a motorcycle ride or even just going to change the oil in a bike.

It seems like the world has become super sensitized to small things that become big things in their mind.

It sounds like OP has been dealing with this for quite some time however. Something small like this that might be solved early on by going and having a beer on the back deck or going for a motorcycle ride tends to fester when it happens every....damn....day. Especially when you've tried to play nice and find a solution, but the other half of the problem doesn't seem to care.

I used to have a renter neighbour who didn't cut their grass. Like, full on hayfield in July type not cutting their grass. Never said anything as it didn't directly effect me despite it really looking like total trash on a street on which everyone else has pride of ownership, but it sure did begin to grate on me after looking at it every day for months on end when I came and went from my house, so I get it.

Something that directly effected me however like this, well, yeah, there needs to be a solution. Asking nice has failed. Time to get creative.

When we were looking at downsizing to a townhouse I stated that a mutual driveway was an absolute deal breaker. Our agent was surprised by this until I explained that I do not want to get door dings parked in my own driveway, nor do I want to worry about the kids next door playing hockey or basketball on their driveway and causing damage to my vehicle. My parent's house in Etobicoke was a semi that had a shared driveway, so I have some experience on this issue.
In this case I would simply reverse into my driveway and have the tires one inch on my side of the interlocking stones. If the neighbour wants to leave more space to walk to their front door they can add a walkway along the other side of their driveway.

op another question.

what is your ethnic race, and what is the ethnic race of the neighbour?

That's totally and completely irrelevant. I don't care what colour or race you are, or if you don't match with the other person you are having a challenge with, it's no excuse to be a dick.

OP appears to live in a high density residential area, but expects to live as if on a large private estate.

"You want more room and space between you and your neighbors..,?

Move.

Condo town or freehold? If condo, see if any board members have a similar situation you can get them riled up about and let them pass a condo by-law. Picking fights with neighbours always ends badly. Especially if the initial indiscretion was annoying but caused no damage to anything.

Such a weird post, par for the course with COVID.
BTW How is the motorcycle running

(I believe the poster thinks this is a general GTA fourm)

Looks like a nice quiet street wait till their kids become teenagers your nice car is going to meet their basketballs. You're going to be watching from the windows frequently. You've got a good idea about putting some hedges there rip out half of the interlock.

Laser operated motion sensor hooked up to a precisely placed high pressure water line, aimed directly down the property line.
Thank me later.

Last edited:
Laser operated motion sensor hooked up to to a precisely placed high pressure water line, aimed directly down the property line.
Thank me later.
Haha, to keep the cats from climbing on your car. ;) Good call. Just remember to disable it before your kid or spouse runs around the side to get in the car.

Does not look like a legit problem to me.

If it is really bothering you so much, like others said, back in and park on the edge of the pavers just like he does. If they complain tell them you have to park this way because he parks so close that you have trouble getting into the driver's side of your car and you are worried that you may ding his door because he is so close. Park your vehicles this way and he will have to pull out to get in the passenger side (and so will you of course).

If you don't have the skills to back in like this, well driving an automobile may not be your thing.

Next time avoid renting or buying anything with a shared or connected driveway, so many potential problems.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom