Help me friends, please. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help me friends, please.

I don't know how MC places get insurance. I tried to get an insurer to provide me with rental insurance for a small fleet of bikes -- not even the high risk insurers would touch the subject. I think I called a hundred commercial brokers -- they basically laughed my ear off. One finaly quoted me, 12K per bike for 300cc max, min 12 bikes.

There are only 2 places I know of that have blanket insurance that covers bikes -- Mackie HD and GTA Exotics. Some bike dealers have dealer insurance, that's for test rides and loaners -- It does not permit rentals.

I looked into this when exploring a similar project..
I already carry fairly extensive commercial policies.. so adding on to my existing policies would have cost me a few hundred a year per machine... liability/theft, etc.. only... adding collision would cost about the same as the cost of the machine. I would say that those place only carry liability on the bikes.. hence the huge deposits.
They would only do it because of my existing policies.. otherwise wouldn't have touched it.
I'm guessing your 12K quote was for full coverage?

Document lots of detailed photos of it before and upon return,
you are on the hook for a lot of deductible if the owner wants to say you damaged something.

My brother rented a sailboat in Florida once and on his return home they told him his security deposit was going towards replacing a missing life preserver.
+1 on the pics. one from the front, back, and both sides before taking delivery, showing even the smallest smudge or more. no matter how small the damage. its your only proof of old damaqe.

+1 on the pics. one from the front, back, and both sides before taking delivery, showing even the smallest smudge or more. no matter how small the damage. its your only proof of old damaqe.
I'm definitely doing that, thank you for the advice.

Good advice for any rental. Pic of odo, general pics of all sides and close up pics of any existing marks.

why "confirm"? I'm not an idiot at all my friend. you're being rude for no reason.

/QUOTE]

It's Canadian humour. Get used to it. Anyone that expects fair play here with their motorcycle activities from the government or insurance companies is an idiot. That includes me.

I looked into this when exploring a similar project..
I already carry fairly extensive commercial policies.. so adding on to my existing policies would have cost me a few hundred a year per machine... liability/theft, etc.. only... adding collision would cost about the same as the cost of the machine. I would say that those place only carry liability on the bikes.. hence the huge deposits.
They would only do it because of my existing policies.. otherwise wouldn't have touched it.
I'm guessing your 12K quote was for full coverage?
Nope -- that was for basic coverage. Riders would need to self insure or buy extra insurance for collision, theft and comp. I tried with a partner who pays about $80K a year in commercial car/truck ins for his fleet -- he couldn't do better.

Back
Top Bottom