Help me friends, please. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help me friends, please.

Calmonstro

Hi everyone, I'm new in Canada and just got my M1, considering the experience I have from back home the MTO said that I can go straight to M, I need to do it in 90 days and Im not planning to buy a bike before next summer, can anyone borrow me so I can do my M test? I have 6 years experience from back home and had a MT-07, can provide you with pictures and anything you find useful to trust me, thank you! I tried rental companies but they are charging $300 for the weekend (they don't rent for just a day on weekends)

Canada or even just the greater Toronto area is huge, you might want to mention very roughly where you live. Best luck with your M test and even better luck with 'borrowing' a bike for it, the liability implications for the bike owner if you were to have an oops are significant.

Canada or even just the greater Toronto area is huge, you might want to mention very roughly where you live. Best luck with your M test and even better luck with 'borrowing' a bike for it, the liability implications for the bike owner if you were to have an oops are significant.
$300 for the weekend actually sounded like a pretty good deal to me. You get the bike and insurance, you get your license, have a fun weekend riding . . .

Hi everyone, I'm new in Canada and just got my M1, considering the experience I have from back home the MTO said that I can go straight to M, I need to do it in 90 days and Im not planning to buy a bike before next summer, can anyone borrow me so I can do my M test? I have 6 years experience from back home and had a MT-07, can provide you with pictures and anything you find useful to trust me, thank you! I tried rental companies but they are charging $300 for the weekend (they don't rent for just a day on weekends)
You'd be better of purchasing a small 250/300cc bike for just the test and then selling it. Unless you know someone personally (even then it's a long shot), I doubt anybody would lend their bike out.

You'd be better of purchasing a small 250/300cc bike for just the test and then selling it. Unless you know someone personally (even then it's a long shot), I doubt anybody would lend their bike out.
This would be a lot of things to worry about, I don't have a place to park until I sell it, I know it's a long shot but it doesn't hurt to try

$120 - Motorcycle for Road Test
$80 - Rent a CBR 300
I’m not sure how legit these operations are...

I’d be surprised if a legit bike rental operation allowed you to rent a bike without an M2 or full M license...
It would be a miracle if those had valid insurance. I know some examiners ask if it is a rental vehicle and ask to see the agreement to check if you are a listed and insured driver. I sure as hell wouldn't be booking a test with one of those. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if those plate numbers were well know to MTO examiners.

This would be a lot of things to worry about...
So is loaning your street bike to a complete stranger :|

Something else to consider; your insurance history does not start until you own and insure a motorcycle, any motorcycle! and you are not compelled to actually ride it, you just need to start paying insurance premiums annually on it.

You may have better luck, appealing to a fellow countryman. Not sure where you are from, but I would be more inclined to help out someone from the old country. They wouldn't let me jump straight to M back when I, immigrated. I had over 8 years of full unrestricted licence at that point. Good luck in your quest.

lol they are out of California, he needs Toronto insurance rate bikes.

lol they are out of California, he needs Toronto insurance rate bikes.

The web site may be based in California, but the bikes are from all over, and they have insurance valid in Canada.

These are the ones available in Toronto:

Riders Share Toronto Bikes

Looks like you can rent a CBR300R for $90 CDN for a single day.

You may have better luck, appealing to a fellow countryman. Not sure where you are from, but I would be more inclined to help out someone from the old country. They wouldn't let me jump straight to M back when I, immigrated. I had over 8 years of full unrestricted licence at that point. Good luck in your quest.
I'm from Brazil, I've tried posting in a Brazilian group but there are not many BR riding here it seems

Back
Top Bottom