Help me friends, please. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help me friends, please.

Riders Share will do a background check on you, but not sure what license/qualifications there are. Kijij is your best bet - I always see someone renting their CBR for the test. If weekend rates are too much for you, take a day off work and go during the week.

Best luck with the test, ride with confidence (y)
... great bike choice, the CBR250 is fun, the 300 can only be better.
Thank you my friend, I think I'm going to do fine, I'm doing the course with learning curves to get the certificate, considering im skipping M2 and I want the certificate for insurance purposes.

Riders Share will do a background check on you, but not sure what license/qualifications there are. Kijij is your best bet - I always see someone renting their CBR for the test. If weekend rates are too much for you, take a day off work and go during the week.

I have a clean record of 6 years and they let me upload my brazilian license.

Trials, I just booked from Riders Share. paid total 151.67 CAD for 1 day rental of a CBR300, with insurance included. After the test I'll come back and tell everyone how was the experience.

Wow, that's steep. Seems to be a lot of fees to inflate the price from $90 to $150...!

Most other places (not in Toronto), you could get a pretty nice bike for $150/day.

If insurance carriers credit your previous bike insurance history I think you will be in great shape, if not it will get pricy.

I see no downsides to renting from Riders Share. I even considered renting out one of my own bikes (that I dthrough them.
The insurance policy is crap and will leave the bike owner hanging out to dry if something serious happens.
If you are considering renting out your bike though this company.. please understand how little coverage you will actually have.
If someone gets hurt while renting your bike, or hurts someone else... You will be sued... and their coverage won't protect you.

What are the details of that coverage? Their site states that they cover the owner for loss or damage up to $15,000, but no mention of liability.

Wow, that's steep. Seems to be a lot of fees to inflate the price from $90 to $150...!

Most other places (not in Toronto), you could get a pretty nice bike for $150/day.

It's not fees, it's optional insurance. I think by default there's only $200k liability included.

I see no downsides to renting from Riders Share. I even considered renting out one of my own bikes (that I dthrough them.

What are the details of that coverage? Their site states that they cover the owner for loss or damage up to $15,000, but no mention of liability.

If someone gets hurt.. $15K won't begin to cover you're troubles... exactly.. no mention of liability.

I'd be interested to see the coverage that came with the OP's rental agreement.

The website shows U$ dollars, so after service fees and insurance it came to that value in CAD

If someone gets hurt.. $15K won't begin to cover you're troubles... exactly.. no mention of liability.

I'd be interested to see the coverage that came with the OP's rental agreement.
Oh, I thought you had inside info on the coverage.

OP... Do you mind posting up the part of the rental agreement that talks about the insurance you bought?
Is it different than what they have posted on their site?

From how it’s written, there are various levels of liability insurance that can be selected.

Insurance Policy

As a Renter (not Owner), if you decline our protection plan, you are liable for all damage caused during the rental . Owners are ALWAYS protected by Riders Share as long as they adhere to our policies, with no deductible. Riders Share's protection plan does not apply to gear and accessories rented through Riders Share; it only applies to motorcycles. We can, however, bill renters for damaged gear to reimburse you.

PROOF OF INSURANCE

COVERAGE IS ONLY VALID INSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND IN CANADA.

The coverage, provided by Crum & Forster, is as follows:

Effective October 3rd 2018:

Renters face deductibles based on the selected coverage at check out. Owners do not.

Limit for damage/theft coverage is lowest of Actual Cash Value or $15,000; amounts exceeding that are responsibility of the Renter.

Insurance coverages are limited to require motor vehicle State Minimums, with options for higher liability insurance limits during check out. Higher liability limits help protect you from costs associated with injuries or property damage suffered by others in an accident caused by you while operating the rented motorcycle. Damage exceeding the third party liability limits are responsibility of the Renter. Coverage applies to all states in the United States and Canada EXCEPT for vehicles registered in the state of New York. Coverage does not extend outside the United States and Canada. The deductible is paid by the renter; barring that, by Riders Share; not the owner. There is no passenger insurance coverage. Disclosure: insurance does not cover all financial risk associated with any motor vehicles use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here, some information from my booking in Riders-share as requested:

Accept Damage Waiver $25/day
Covers costs associated with collision exceeding $2000 and theft exceeding $5000. (U$)

(there was the option for $500 deductible for $37/day and the option of no damage waiver (deposit of U$2.500 required for that)

State Minimum Coverage
You are responsible for 3rd party injuries & damage costs exceeding state minimums. (State minimum is CAD 200k)

Roadside Assistance $9/day (I didn't got it)
  • Up to one free tow per rental day.
  • Benefits like fuel & battery deliveries.
  • Service provided by top-rated MTS.
Service fee - same as AirBnb, goes to the website.
The price shown is in U$, my card was debited in CAD 151.67

Document lots of detailed photos of it before and upon return,
you are on the hook for a lot of deductible if the owner wants to say you damaged something.

My brother rented a sailboat in Florida once and on his return home they told him his security deposit was going towards replacing a missing life preserver.

I don't know how MC places get insurance. I tried to get an insurer to provide me with rental insurance for a small fleet of bikes -- not even the high risk insurers would touch the subject. I think I called a hundred commercial brokers -- they basically laughed my ear off. One finaly quoted me, 12K per bike for 300cc max, min 12 bikes.

There are only 2 places I know of that have blanket insurance that covers bikes -- Mackie HD and GTA Exotics. Some bike dealers have dealer insurance, that's for test rides and loaners -- It does not permit rentals.

Thank you everyone for all the advice, I'm taking pictures and I'll ride carefully. I'm a good rider, I had an MT-07 for 3 years and a 125cc for another 3 years and never caused an accident in the TERRIBLE traffic in Brazil so I'm not going to cause any accident that's I'm in fault and I'll be the whole day with the course instructor so if anything happens he will be my witness.

Document lots of detailed photos of it before and upon return,
you are on the hook for a lot of deductible if the owner wants to say you damaged something.

My brother rented a sailboat in Florida once and on his return home they told him his security deposit was going towards replacing a missing life preserver.

I don't think the owner would do that, he has 10 reviews already all with 5 stars but I'm going to take care anyway. better safe than sorry

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom