Help Me Choose a 3 Week Route | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help Me Choose a 3 Week Route

This was my route planned to the Keys, from Toronto. I was going to do the Tail of the Dragon going down and go into New York city and see the Ground Zero memorial on our way back. Towns are targets, we usually do not make reservations. This was a 2ish week trip.

1584647336609.png

Reactions: J_F
looks like a good route, I was looking to go in April
all we needed was 2 good days of decent riding weather
after that you're far enough south to not worry about it

don't think I'll be going stateside this year
maybe do an extended QC tour and some minor Ontario trips - camping
.68 loonie and the other business are gonna make this a different sort of season :(

Not to mention that a large segment of the society is still refusing to believe that this whole Covid thing is anything more than a "Liberal hoax" and I think the sickness cycle is going to last months longer there than it will here.

I swear.....Ebola could start running through the US population and if Fox News said it was a "liberal hoax to harm the president!" 50% of their population would believe it and just go on living their lives like nothing is wrong.

We have reservations in PA for the May long weekend...but I see that whole plan going south before May 1'st unless some bloody miracle happens between now and then.

Not to mention that a large segment of the society is still refusing to believe that this whole Covid thing is anything more than a "Liberal hoax" and I think the sickness cycle is going to last months longer there than it will here.

I swear.....Ebola could start running through the US population and if Fox News said it was a "liberal hoax to harm the president!" 50% of their population would believe it and just go on living their lives like nothing is wrong.

We have reservations in PA for the May long weekend...but I see that whole plan going south before May 1'st unless some bloody miracle happens between now and then.
No chance you will get to the USA in May they will be in the middle of a very large die off by then with millions of covid case.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

One of my kids is moving to Timmins in June, probably take 2 weeks doing something like @sburns posted about last summer. Always wanted to try the Nova Road from Kukatush to Moonbeam.

One of my kids is moving to Timmins in June, probably take 2 weeks doing something like @sburns posted about last summer. Always wanted to try the Nova Road from Kukatush to Moonbeam.
Nice, this year I was planning to do more Northern Ontario and take Hwy 11 all the the way across to Nipigon and Thunderbay. Then possibly head over to Winnipeg. I've never been there or the province of Manitoba.
But this is all wait and see now.

Nice, this year I was planning to do more Northern Ontario and take Hwy 11 all the the way across to Nipigon and Thunderbay. Then possibly head over to Winnipeg. I've never been there or the province of Manitoba.
But this is all wait and see now.
This ride was done 7yrs ago, but the roads and places remain.
Gas was $1.44/l back then!

For my 3 week ride - a ride along the north shore of the St. Lawrence, then to/from Manic Cinq and then around Gaspe would be so nice.

I'm not a camping person, but I might try it this year..........looks like Toronto is going to get bad pretty soon??? Hopefully I'm wrong!

I'm not a camping person, but I might try it this year..........looks like Toronto is going to get bad pretty soon??? Hopefully I'm wrong!
If you are looking to get into it, then there's a few good threads on here about it:

yup

I enjoy camping combined with canoeing - but never enjoyed it much on the bike
the limits of what you can carry reduce comfort

going to try a folding cot this year as ground sleeping and riding don't go well together

I enjoy camping combined with canoeing - but never enjoyed it much on the bike
the limits of what you can carry reduce comfort

There's a reason I bought a bigger bike this year - more room.

Re the cot, have you tried a quality sleeping pad instead? They're way more compact than a cot and even a decent quality one is amazing. I bought one last year at Costco - self inflates to about 90%, has a good thermal rating (so your heat doesn't get sapped out of you when sleeping on the ground or even on a simple cot, instead bouncing back at you), and surprisingly comfortable.

^ yes

I have a fairly decent self inflating mat
still end up tossing and turning all night
I'm a a side sleeper
hip and shoulder pressure points make those mats next to useless

^ yes

I'm a a side sleeper

I put my pad on an ultralight cot and use a hybrid sleeping quilt. All ultralight stuff, doesn’t take up too much room and is about as comfy as my bed back home. The hybrid bag is lighter than a normal sleeping bag because the back part of the bag isn’t there. Apparently when that’s compressed in a normal sleeping bag it’s next to useless for insulation so with an insulated sleeping mat you don’t need it. The bag/quilt attaches to the pad, pad on the cot and hey presto...decent sleep. Also use a Nemo pillow and that is a fantastic travel pillow that folds up small.

None of this was particularly cheap but it does all fold up into a small and light package and will last for years.

^ yes

I'm a a side sleeper
Ride longer days :) After 15 hours in the saddle, a rock can feel comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom