Helmets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmets

Sinz

I just ordered this new Carbon Fibre Helmet made by Kaos for $300.00 excellent price for a really light helmet, fits real nice & it comes with 2 visors (clear & smoked)
I was at GP Bikes place and the Rep from Kaos was there...good timing!
image_zps1c228d2d.jpg

image_zpsbef0c593.jpg

image_zps0a714447.jpg

Last edited:
Carbon fibre is over rated, IMO.
Little accents/touches would be nice but too much of it gets too tacky too quickly.

I personally don't like the shape of the helmet, but if it fits you well then it's not big deal.

Carbon fibre is over rated, IMO.
Little accents/touches would be nice but too much of it gets too tacky too quickly.

I personally don't like the shape of the helmet, but if it fits you well then it's not big deal.

I take it it's the weave pattern you don't like? There are CF helmets on the market that are painted or have different designs. This one just happens to be clear.

The difference in weight is pretty crazy.

It's apparantly ECE 22-05 certified (but not DOT certified, however with the changes to certification last year I believe ECE is recognized.)

Well regardless it's a great price for a carbon helmet & I needed an extra one anyways lol!

Carbon helmets are great! they're super light I looked at the Kaos helmet when I was helmet shopping and for the price it's a good helmet. I ended up with a Nexx XR1R Carbon. Super light, love the matte finish and it's really comfortable. I will probably pick up a spare at the next bike show as this one has been one of the nicest helmets I've put on.

Forgive my ignorance but isn't carbon suppose to be toxic, so if god forbid that one gets in an accident wouldn't the carbon helmet do harm to you........?

Forgive my ignorance but isn't carbon suppose to be toxic, so if god forbid that one gets in an accident wouldn't the carbon helmet do harm to you........?

Just don't eat it and you should be good.

Not sure where you're getting that it's toxic. You shouldn't breath the fibres or eat it but it isn't radioactive.

Re: Helme

Carbon is toxic? Lol where did you get that from? You do realise all organic matter, including your own body is carbon based? I think you might be thinking about carbon dioxide, which is a toxin to our body.

Carbon is toxic? Lol where did you get that from? You do realise all organic matter, including your own body is carbon based? I think you might be thinking about carbon dioxide, which is a toxin to our body.

Dunno I think I read somewhere that carbon fibre expose was toxic.

Carbon DIoxide is not a toxin. It will asphixiate due to oxygen exclusion (i.e if that is all there is in the atmosphere around you, you choke to death, same is true for many gases though, including nitrogen) but it isn't toxic in itself. Carbon MONoxide, on the other hand, is very toxic.

I've never heard of any toxicity related to carbon fibre exposure.

Back
Top Bottom