Hello from Mississauga | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello from Mississauga

Freddy F

Site Supporter
Hey, just bought a new 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT, and I can't wait for spring. I'm 56 years old, a returning rider, my previous bike was an 85 Yamaha Virago which I rode from 1994-1998. Signed up for the first MTOhp M1-M2 course in the spring, Oakville location, may see some of you there, I bet.
Tracer-Cover.jpg

sheesh take a bit of a half step maybe?
All seriousness though, welcome back, be careful, that engines a handful

and the GT model has all the cool bells and whistles

How did you lose your old M license?

He rode for 4 years, maybe his M2 expired? Did they have graduated licensing back then?

Regardless, welcome back and wow what a nice bike to start back on! I really like those, not far from 50 myself and I've thought about one for when I get, ahem, a bit older.

Congrats and enjoy it!

Welcome back Freddy. Nice ride.
I remember attending a few Freddy Fuddpucker parties at UoT a couple (20+) years ago.

Haha, thanks for the replies. FreddyFudpucker is just something my brother-in-law says once in awhile, always made me chuckle.
Re: losing my M license , I just never renewed it after selling my Virago in '98. And they didn't have the graduated system back then as I recall.

Mods. The only thing so far is I ordered a sidestand footpad enlargement thingamajig from AliExpress, 7 bucks US
US $6.29 10% OFF|Motorcycle Enlarge Kickstand Side Stand Widening Base Extension Plate Pad For Yamaha MT 09 Tracer 2014 2018 XSR900 2016 2018|Stands| - AliExpress

The Tracer GT comes with side cases, here is a pic.

2019-Yamaha-Tracer-900GT-Arrives-Australia-6964-740x493.jpg

Nice bike. I just purchased a 2019 Tracer GT last week. Black with white trim, <4,000 km.

I'm looking forward to riding a 500lb bike vs. the 750lb one I've had for the last 18 years.

Nice bike. I just purchased a 2019 Tracer GT last week. Black with white trim, <4,000 km.

I'm looking forward to riding a 500lb bike vs. the 750lb one I've had for the last 18 years.
ReStored, thanks and congrats on the Tracer, I know what your color scheme looks like, I almost bought that one instead.

Regardless of licence status, taking a course (or two) is never a terrible idea when returning from a long absense in riding. I did exactly that in the same situation, and have taken a few advanced rider course since then as well.

Also look at getting(not a motovlogger, but a former pro and multiple time national champion):

easily the best 50$ i've spend in my life

If you had a m license you still do unless you just kept renewing the learners permit every year.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
Yup, you still have a license. What's the story here?

If you had a m license you still do unless you just kept renewing the learners permit every year.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
Or.
If you moved to Alberta for 13 months with a "GM", got an AB driver's license, and moved back to ON. Upon swapping the AB d/l for an ON d/l when moving back, you lose your "M" endorsement that you took with you when you left ON, and have to start all over with an M1 license.
Ask me how I know.

Welcome back to the pack and I hope to see you out in the PC area this season.

Back
Top Bottom